Photo
- - - - -

I'm pro choice and always have been, but...

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#46 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:14 PM

You know you could make the same sort of statement for the other side, right?

Why do you care so much about a zygote that could potentially someday become a person while you dont give 2 shits about, oh lets say the unmanned US drone strikes in Pakistan that have killed thousands of innocent civilians. Do their lives matter less that those potential lives?

#47 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 8,483 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:36 PM

...someone posted this on facebook and I honestly can't give them a good answer.

"Why is a bacterium on Mars considered life when something with a heartbeat here on Earth isn't?"

It's the first time the pro lifers have put it to me in a way that made me think "Hmmmm...."

Good for you to hear something that went against your beliefs and be challenged by it!!! That's awesome! There are a lot of sources you can go to that really examine this deeply complex issue.

I'm pro choice to an extent but I don't value all life. Sperm is alive, like many human cells, and i don't think it's wrong to kill it. The cells being aborted are life, I don't think people are debating that. They debate whether it's human life.

I'm listening to this debate right now on the topic (i will finish the rest of it on my way home from work today so i'm not sure how well it ends)

It's called is abortion murder, its a podcast by Reasonable Doubt

http://freethoughtbl...-murder-debate/

#48 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,662 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:59 PM

In the same way that a mother is not required to donate her kidney or some other organ to her child, she is not required to use her body as an incubator if she does not want to. She has total choice at the end of the day. Bodily rights argument.

That being said, I wouldn't want a woman to abort my fetus/future child for any reason. If she did, I'd be heartbroken. However, as already stated, it is her choice to make, as it is her body and not mine.

#49 FurdTurgason

FurdTurgason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:23 PM

Why do you care so much about a zygote that could potentially someday become a person while you dont give 2 shits about, oh lets say the unmanned US drone strikes in Pakistan that have killed thousands of innocent civilians. Do their lives matter less that those potential lives?

Thought provoking as well.

#50 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:49 PM

Why the hell would she tell you she tried to abort your ass twice? How the heck did that come up in the conversation?

Shock. She was nervous about meeting me in the first place. I just asked (through the agency) if there were any genetic medical problems I should worry about & tacked on the end of the message that I'd like to meet if it was ok with her. She replied no to the first & wanted to think about the second so that was that for about a year when she asked to meet.

When she started crying I kept saying it was ok ( I thought that she was afraid I'd be mad because she put me up) & she blurted it out. Something stopped her each time & she decided to not try for 3. Bio dad came back. Paid her prenatal care & that was that. I figured since I wouldn't have known anyway it didn't matter. Besides. No harm no foul.

I still keep in contact but it has to be discrete because her kids don't like me. She married rich & they think I'm a threat to their inheritance.

#51 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • 5,662 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:59 PM

Shock. She was nervous about meeting me in the first place. I just asked (through the agency) if there were any genetic medical problems I should worry about & tacked on the end of the message that I'd like to meet if it was ok with her. She replied no to the first & wanted to think about the second so that was that for about a year when she asked to meet.

When she started crying I kept saying it was ok ( I thought that she was afraid I'd be mad because she put me up) & she blurted it out. Something stopped her each time & she decided to not try for 3. Bio dad came back. Paid her prenatal care & that was that. I figured since I wouldn't have known anyway it didn't matter. Besides. No harm no foul.

I still keep in contact but it has to be discrete because her kids don't like me. She married rich & they think I'm a threat to their inheritance.

Well damn, man. What a story.

#52 Panthers_Lover

Panthers_Lover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,065 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:05 PM

Who says because one cares about the zygote, they don't care about the innocent civilians being killed? Maybe they care about them all.

#53 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:56 PM

Who says because one cares about the zygote, they don't care about the innocent civilians being killed? Maybe they care about them all.

Well then maybe they should speak up about it and shut the fug up about abortions every once in a while.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com