Some more Chuck love

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,883 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:14 AM

I was just perusing the NFL statlab (first time I've noticed it) and I noticed some stats that, combined with the league leading (tied with Cameron Wake and Robert Quinn) sack total for 4-3 DEs, make CJ a shoe-in for best performing 4-3 DE in the league so far this year.

In my opinion, the most important stat for pass rushers (that NFL.com tracks, not talking advanced stats like PFF or other places like that) are sacks, forced fumbles, and tackles.

- As we all know, Chuck is tied with Wake and Quinn for most sacks by a 4-3 DE in the league.

- He also is also tied for leading the league in forced fumbles, with Elvis Dumervil. (And unlike any of the other DEs, he actually recovered 1 too)

- Of the aforementioned DEs, he has the second most tackles, 1 behind Wake.

So to total up the production of these 4 top DEs:

Chuck: 8.5 sacks, 5 forced fumbles (1 recovered), 21 tackles
Wake: 8.5 sacks, 1 forced fumble, 22 tackles
Quinn: 8.5 sacks, 1 forced fumble, 18 tackles
Dumervil: 7 sacks, 5 forced fumbles, 20 tackles

Looking at it simply like this, Chuck is obviously the most productive 4-3 DE in the game this year, so far. He definitely SHOULD make the Pro Bowl. Would be a shame if he, as many players before him, are penalized for being on a bad/small market team. Good job #95. Worth every cent.

#2 Gabeking

Gabeking

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:18 AM

Just to think if we had a consistent 1st round talent pass rusher across from him...

#3 KSpan

KSpan

Bow-chicka-wow-wow!

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,803 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:27 AM

A WHOLE PIE!

Just to think if we had a consistent 1st round talent pass rusher across from him...

I'd say that the 4th and 6th rounders that currently line up across from him are doing just fine.

#4 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,883 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:45 AM

I'd say that the 4th and 6th rounders that currently line up across from him are doing just fine.

Yea, the 6th rounder that starts across from him ain't too far off the 4 I listed: 6.5 sacks, 1 forced fumble (1 recovered), 25 tackles

ps. just noticed the tackles stats I've been listed are solo tackles, not solo + assists. Hardy would be tied with Dumervil for most combined of the 5. Chuck would be second.

#5 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,520 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:37 AM

Say his fuging name!

#6 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,158 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:00 AM

Give that man a raise... He always earned that check.

Or

We would be watching him and J. Abraham at DE winning a SB... But Mr. Charles Johnson is here.. So therefore falcon chokage will ensue.

#7 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,629 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:44 AM

Big money is earning his pay. Hurney may have this one right

#8 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:46 AM

DL has been a bright spot this season.

Never thought I would be saying that thus year

#9 klumme

klumme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:08 AM

In other news Falcons waived Edwards though he was just as good as Johnson at a lesser contract.....

#10 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

• HUDDLER
  • 4,741 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:13 AM

In other news Falcons waived Edwards though he was just as god as Johnson at a lesser contract.....

Ray Edwards was a simple example of supply and demand...Falcons needed a pass rusher. Charles Johnson was by far the best one on the market. Panthers overpaid to keep him, and he turned out to be a consistent player.

Ray Edwards benefited from playing on one of the best D-Line's in the game at the time. Because of Charles Johnson's deal, Ray Edwards commanded a much higher salary that he wasn't really worth...just because there weren't many other alternatives on the market. Even though it was a small win, I'll take any Panthers victory over the Falcons right now. Keeping CJ away from the Falcons was the right move at any cost.

#11 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,304 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:13 AM

having a hard time getting used to this "chuck" name.

#12 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,282 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:14 AM

In other news Falcons waived Edwards though he was just as god as Johnson at a lesser contract.....

LOVE THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I was a little shocked initially at the price tag for CJ, but now seeing what we have against what we let go(peppers) and the options to replace CJ(Ray Edwards). I could not be more pleased with #95.

#13 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,304 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:16 AM

i see what you did there...tho having 'just as good as charles johnson at a lesser contract' should probably be in quotes.

still laughing at that one.

#14 Gabeking

Gabeking

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,386 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:39 AM

I understand that and they're doing awesome, but I still wana see consistency out of hardy that's all, and a Alexander is awesome, but just getting one more 1st and second rounder to play to their potential would put us over the top is all I'm saying

#15 mwright350

mwright350

Thy Jimmies shall be Rustled

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,687 posts
  • LocationChina Grove, NC

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:41 AM

I can't really get my brain around "Chuck". I do not approve, lol.

I am also amazed that the DL has been one of the units I look at and go "damn those guys come to play every down every week" and feel good about. They were WAY down on my list of units that might not blow this year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com