Photo
- - - - -

Some more Chuck love

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
32 replies to this topic

#25 Gabeking

Gabeking

SUPPORTER

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:32 PM

the Dline is more than good enough.

i would rather us get a 1st round talent at FS or WR.

Yeah I'd want a FS(or Oline) in the first too, all I was saying was if we somehow got an extra first or second this offseason or during the draft it should be used on a a pass rusher because it would put our pass rush over the top is all I'm saying

#26 Gabeking

Gabeking

SUPPORTER

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:33 PM

fixed it for you

Good enough lol

#27 skarbar001

skarbar001

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:00 PM

Ray Edwards was a simple example of supply and demand...Falcons needed a pass rusher. Charles Johnson was by far the best one on the market. Panthers overpaid to keep him, and he turned out to be a consistent player.

Ray Edwards benefited from playing on one of the best D-Line's in the game at the time. Because of Charles Johnson's deal, Ray Edwards commanded a much higher salary that he wasn't really worth...just because there weren't many other alternatives on the market. Even though it was a small win, I'll take any Panthers victory over the Falcons right now. Keeping CJ away from the Falcons was the right move at any cost.

I just don't quite understood this right here. We paid not only an ascending, young player but also, out priced ATL. But how is he overpaid?

Julius Peppers: 6 years 84 mil.
Mario Williams: 6 years 96 mil.
Charles Johnson: 6 years 76 mil.
Cameron Wake: 5 years 34 mil. (he was paid for being an outside LB at the time)
Elvis Dumervil: 6 years 61.5 mil. (he was paid for being an outside LB at the time)

So we got a statistically better player than those DEs who were paid as DEs, and at a cheaper price.

#28 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:12 PM

I just don't quite understood this right here. We paid not only an ascending, young player but also, out priced ATL. But how is he overpaid?

Julius Peppers: 6 years 84 mil.
Mario Williams: 6 years 96 mil.
Charles Johnson: 6 years 76 mil.
Cameron Wake: 5 years 34 mil. (he was paid for being an outside LB at the time)
Elvis Dumervil: 6 years 61.5 mil. (he was paid for being an outside LB at the time)

So we got a statistically better player than those DEs who were paid as DEs, and at a cheaper price.

Charles Johnson is one of the highest paid players not only in the NFL, but in the WORLD.

http://www.theriches...-paid-athletes/

He's a good player, but he's not THAT good.

#29 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

SUPPORTER

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:15 PM

Charles Johnson is one of the highest paid players not only in the NFL, but in the WORLD.

That's because his contract was front-loaded, he'll fall off that list this year.

#30 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

HUDDLER

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:25 PM

Anyone think that the reason that our D line is so good this year might be because of McDermott's scheme. Funny how this year they are suddenly beasting and we even have an undertackle with 5 or more sacks which hasn't happened in forever. Maybe all those things about McDermott were wrong and as I said, once we got good linebackers and could run our aggressive scheme, this D line would be pretty good.

#31 skarbar001

skarbar001

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:37 PM

HAHA your comeback is an article of contract that was taken out of context? He was only paid 34 mil for the 2011 NFL season because of a 30 mil 1 time signing bonus. Do you know how the NFL's cap system works? Please see below to enlighten yourself...

http://entertainment...question644.htm

#32 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

HUDDLER

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:49 PM

I say we continue to build on this D line and go with Star in the first round. I initially thought Left Tackle, but we're one player away from having an elite D Line.

#33 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

SUPPORTER

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:27 PM

having a hard time getting used to this "chuck" name.

Hah me too. I'm forcing it because somewhere I read that's what he prefers to be called. Sounds awkward in my head when I'm typing it.