Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Peyton Manning Sound FX

109 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

KT do you think Cam hanging his head by himself on the bench is an effective way to improve?

Posted · Report post

there are not really many strong leaders in this organization top to bottom. steve smith is about the only one you can point to but he leads more by example as a "one man army" type of thing.

hopefully the new GM seeks to rectify this problem, starting with a coaching staff that is in cam's ear from the word go.

Posted · Report post

I'm so tired of this knee jerk Cam sulks defense mode people go into. It's as if Cam is out there screaming and beating small children. He hates to lose. If that's a flaw then I wish this these coaches had the same problem.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I'm saying though how is inspiration going to fix the read option?

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

KT do you think Cam hanging his head by himself on the bench is an effective way to improve?

Cam puts a towel on his head and sits after a great drive to take the lead.

Part of it is resting....mentally and physically. Lets not forget he has been our best rusher since he arrived. Taking hits and being the offense takes recovery time after his unit is off the field

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

peyton actually had to take a lot of the same poo that cam is taking now early and even into the middle portion of his career.

he started out 0-3 in the playoffs and has 7 one-and-dones up to this point. he infamously threw his offensive line under the bus after the colts' 2005 divisional playoff game against pittsburgh (it was the game where jerome bettis fumbled at the goal line and roethlisberger made that touchdown saving shoelace tackle for reference). he was notorious for slouching and sulking when he was getting beat up.

at this point in his career, cam has more in common with peyton than just the rookie passing yardage record.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

As with Peppers...

... a losing team attitude drives winners to turn inward...

Carolina Panthers est. 1995

Posted · Report post

People need to understand that there is a difference between being vocal during the game / having a good attitude in your press conference after the game and sitting alone on the bench or brooding during the game / bitching in the presser after it. During the game is the time to channel that hatred of losing into trying to push / motivate the players around you, not for sitting by yourself on the bench brooding. They should also get a line on what most of the fans who don't blindly dislike a player no matter what actually want instead of parroting the frothing ravings of the minority.

I want him to act like a professional AFTER the game (an area where he has made strides lately, to his credit) but I would probably piss myself with excitement if I saw him being vocal with his teammates on the sideline during the game. The day I see him with his OLine huddled or one-on-one with a receiver to get on the same page I will stop what I'm doing and do shots of joy. I believe most everyone else here with an ounce of realistic in them feels the same way.

This team is clearly starved for player leadership. I've said over and over again that Cam CAN be a good leader and just isn't now. No time like the present to start.

And to those of you who want to tell us that Cam is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't / will be vilified no matter how he acts. Let's assume you're right for a moment. If that's the case and there's a media shitstorm coming no matter his actions why not try to do the right thing instead of the wrong thing? The only thing that really matters is how his locker room and coaches think - the raving lunatic hater fans and the talking heads can be damned.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Nah, sulking on the bench is just as good. Right?

But he is the face of the franchise and 5 TD's and 9 INT's 3 for TD's is GOAT!!!!

Posted · Report post

watch auburn games from when cam was there.

the guy was hyped up and motivating everyone all game, even when they were behind.

he essentially willed that team to win many times. they came back because of the cam effect on team morale.

i haven't seen any of that and it's disappointing because i know he's capable of it.

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

He just did it with his athletic play, not with any actual leadership ability... he can barely speak English.

Posted · Report post

Peyton cussing out his lineman has been on Sound FX numerous times. This is when he was with the Colts. Peyton calling out teammates (Vanderjagt, his line) is not a new thing. Cameron is not privileged like a "good old boy" Peyton to have his flaws minimized. If he calls out a teammate, specifically guys like Olsen or his linemen, they will be the victim.

See, where this goes way over your head. People are talking about sidelines, during the game. You keep assuming press conferences.