#76 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,611 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 15 November 2012 - 03:57 PM

Denver has a man as their quarterback, we have a petulant child.

Oh no he didn't! So what makes Peyton more a man compared to Cam, his complexion?

#77 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,938 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 04:00 PM

Oh no he didn't! So what makes Peyton more a man compared to Cam, his complexion?

i've gone back to blocking posters. that guy you quoted is the most recent one.

#78 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,860 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:18 PM

he's letting the culture effect him.

that's on him and that's the problem i have.

he's not standing up. he's taking it sitting down.

Unrealistic. One young man against a machine.

He made his stance known from day 1....what is wrong with Carolina was glaring to him. He is up against a lot.

Hard for him to change a franchise....when he is still waiting to find some consistancy to help on a field.

#79 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,860 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:21 PM

totally agree on that, but i don't think that cam's doing himself any favors at all either. he's putting just as much on his shoulders as everyone else is. he's not sharing the load and he's taking it all too seriously and personally. he expects perfection. he expects to be the one winning the game. if the team doesn't then i think he puts that all on him. i'm not saying he shouldn't be taking responsibility for his bad plays and decisions and i'm not saying that he should be throwing the coaches and players under the bus.

i think he's overwhelmed but i think it's a lot of his doing as well. he expected too much of himself too quickly. it's not happening like he thought, esp. this year, and you can see it. he's just as disappointed as everyone else is in how the season is going.

what makes a champion, though, isn't letting that stuff get the better of you. it's rising above it. it's fighting instead of throwing the towel in. i don't think he's given up, necessarily, but i also don't think that he's got the heart of a champion right now, either.

he's not the same guy he was at auburn or blinn, even. he's experienced loss and failure and he can't shake it off. what's going to make him great and make the team great is HIS ability to shake it off and rise up.

i just hope it happens soon.

Who is Cam suppose to be sharing the load with? How is that his fault?

The old guard? The RBs his OC won't use?

#80 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,938 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:05 PM

so what is it? he has no problems? or he has no problems? because that's the only option you and a few others are giving.

you will say, if cornered that he does have some areas for growth, but when one is identified you make excuses.

i give up.

#81 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 17,268 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:14 PM

Sometimes I hope Cam leaves after his contract is up. This fanbase doesn't deserve him. He gets criticized on every little thing he does.

So a 2nd year QB is supposed to override old vets like Gross and Smith? This isn't really Cam's offense until those guys are gone. Can you imagine what would happen if Cam tried to command things from Smith? All hell would break loose. I think Cam thinks highly of his elders and don't want to step on their toes in order to avoid what would happen and the huge team distraction it could become. I agree that those guys need to go in order for Cam to take full control.

#82 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,860 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:24 PM

so what is it? he has no problems? or he has no problems? because that's the only option you and a few others are giving.

you will say, if cornered that he does have some areas for growth, but when one is identified you make excuses.

i give up.

All 2nd year QBs have problems......

Cam is the least of our problems though. It ain't tough to understand.

Not sure why you act like putting a young player and offense in general in a position to fail is a unique and radical suggestion.....

Quit focusing on Cam and ask your self why Double Trouble plus Tolbert COMBINED avg 60 yards per game. Why is DeAngelo suddenly averaging 3 yards a carry, etc.

Yet you think all that is being a Cam apologist?!

We aren't losers bc Cam has sloppy footwork or pouts alone. Little issues from a young QB are the norm.....what is going on in Carolina however is comical. Cam can't overcome the scenario he is.....even with an endless ceiling. A poor organization around him can slam the door on his ceiling......and we are a poorly run organization at this point.

#83 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,938 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:30 PM

i've said over and over and over that no one is getting off the hook.

if this was a thread about how underachieving the RBs are or how chud sucks then i'd be in on that as well.

this is a thread talking about leadership skills of a QB and i don't think he's living up to his potential in that area.

not sure why that is a problem. is it not true?

that being true has nothing to do with the situation he's been put into being sucky. i just see him as being someone who i thought would rise above it. you don't. so you make excuses or deflect it. i guess i'm just giving him more credit than what you are.

#84 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,860 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:34 PM

i've said over and over and over that no one is getting off the hook.

if this was a thread about how underachieving the RBs are or how chud sucks then i'd be in on that as well.

this is a thread talking about leadership skills of a QB and i don't think he's living up to his potential in that area.

not sure why that is a problem. is it not true?

that being true has nothing to do with the situation he's been put into being sucky. i just see him as being someone who i thought would rise above it. you don't. so you make excuses or deflect it. i guess i'm just giving him more credit than what you are.

Well again, it goes back to one man can't change a franchise......yet that unrealistically is what has been expected from Cam.

You want Cam to be what you think he should be doing..get rid of guys like Smitty. Bc Smitty and his old era bs stands in Cam's way. Rivera sucks so bad he too talks old era now. Once he was confident and embraced Newton's hell no to losing attitude and supported people needed to get on Cams's level.....now he is wiling to throw Cam under the bus out of desperation.

Cam is surrounded by the attitude he came in pointing was overflowing here.

#85 raleigh-panther

raleigh-panther

• HUDDLER
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:51 PM

An old saying in the South 'a mule in a horses' harness is still a mule'.

The Panthers have a lot of mules and it takes thoroughbreds to win on the race track or in the NFL.

No amount of will or rah-rah is going to make up for that lack of talent on the lines.

Fix that and many things change.

As for Newton, I expect he will be evaluted just like everyone, and if the new GM thinks he's not the guy, he won't be and it won't have anything to do with race, it will have to do with accuracy, ability to read defenses, can he lead when times are hard, can he close when the games' are on the line.

this is the same for any QB in this league from rookie to veteran and football is all about performance, period. People who think Cam has it tough should go look at what is said about Eli Manning and Mark Sanchez on a daily basis in the NY press.

I think everyone on this board, inlcuding me, wants Newton to be the Superman he poses when he scores. Appears to me he's more Clark Kent at the moment.

#86 CarolinaPride5

CarolinaPride5

Legendary.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 09:07 PM

How did Denver have more fans than us at our own home game?!

#87 Guest_Tom Cat_*

Guest_Tom Cat_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:18 PM

If you cant figure it out I pity you

#88 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:29 AM

I agree with CRA and others. There is a difference in the way the Redskins and Colts built their team for their young QB. Then how we did it.

1. They got rid of most if not all leaders in the former regime. examples (colts - Manning, Saturday) (Skins - Brought in a whole new offense) So their QB were able to step in and be the leader by default. Cam was brought in to a locker room with "ESTABLISH" Leaders from a old regime. Not able to just come in and be the leader because you had 3 to 4 multi Pro bowlers in leadership roles.

2. Cam was getting over analyze before he was even drafted. People were questioning his character, work ethic, and intelligence.
He had to work hard (in a locked out offseason ) just to change people predescribed perception of him. Gross admitted in a interview about this. While Luck and RG3 were praised for everything from how they tie their shoes to their choice of chewing gum. They came in with a hype machine saying how great they would be and sure fire leaders.

Which is real funny because Cam is the only 1 out of the three to lead his team to a national championship, undefeated season, in the hardest conference in college football.
Not to mention only 3 player were drafted off his team and 8 players were drafted off Lucks team.

#89 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,938 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:59 AM

Well again, it goes back to one man can't change a franchise......yet that unrealistically is what has been expected from Cam.

You want Cam to be what you think he should be doing..get rid of guys like Smitty. Bc Smitty and his old era bs stands in Cam's way. Rivera sucks so bad he too talks old era now. Once he was confident and embraced Newton's hell no to losing attitude and supported people needed to get on Cams's level.....now he is wiling to throw Cam under the bus out of desperation.

Cam is surrounded by the attitude he came in pointing was overflowing here.

here's the thing.

i'm not expecting him to change the franchise. i'm expecting cam to be cam. i was hoping that he would at least stand his ground and be the man he was when he was drafted. instead of being the hype guy that can influence he became the guy that needed hyped up.

i wasn't expecting him to change the culture. he let the culture change him. can i blame him for that? yes and no. i can understand that, but it still shouldn't have happened. the team didn't help, but a man's got to stand. i just don't see him doing it like i thought he would.

i know at some point he will, probably next year. right now, though, he's allowing himself to be influenced by the culture. that's not strong character, imo. i was just expecting more from him.

i guess it's my fault that i wasn't expecting some guy who was emotionally tough enough to not let the people around him influence the way he acted. the sad thing for me was it happened right out of the gate. i can understand getting worn down after an extended period of time. i can understand a guy who had never experienced loss being effected by it negatively when they get their first taste of it. i just think he allowed it to put him into a funk that he hasn't been able to get out of.

i don't think he's going to be some VY headcase or whatever. i certainly don't think he's going to turn into some pissy ryan leaf. i think he'll grow out of it. it's going to take him deciding to change the way he acts and thinks, though. you can put all the best influences around a person but it's not going to matter if the person won't take it on himself to change the way he deals with disappointment.

#90 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

shitpost around the clock

• HUDDLER
  • 9,288 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:17 AM

If you cant figure it out I pity you

behold, the power of the non-answer

so i guess you don't remember peyton crying about his "protection problems" in his post-game presser after the 2005 divisional playoffs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.