payton manning is not a Panther. don't care

#92 Milehigh_Madness07

Milehigh_Madness07

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:40 PM

Give it about 2 to 3 more years. No second year QB can go in boss mode like that. Thats why Manning is who he is. I believe Cam will get to this point in a few years. That kind of leadership only comes with experience.

No that kind of leadership is either something that you have or you don't have. When is the last time anyone saw Cam Newton going over plays and rallying the troops on the sideline? Andy Dalton is a second year player that Marvin Lewis told to get his crap together and take control like a man. He responded by beating the hell out of the Giants on Sunday. I have seen Dalton going over plays with his team multiple times and reviewing negative plays with his OC. RG3 has also been voted a captain as a rookie and comes off much more mature and mentally tough than Cam. It shows in his interviews and in his on/off the field demeanor. I don't look around the league and see many qb's constantly sulking by themselves with a towel over their heads and acting like sad little kids in post game pressers. Goodluck banking on 2-3 more years completely changing a guys attitude when most likely he will be learning another new system and having a ton of player turnover in Carolina when a new coach gets hired.

#93 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

We dominated time of possession though!

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,312 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:03 PM

When is the last time anyone saw Cam Newton going over plays and rallying the troops on the sideline?

after every single drive with shula.

Andy Dalton is a second year player that Marvin Lewis told to get his crap together and take control like a man. He responded by beating the hell out of the Giants on Sunday.

dalton plays in a completely different system under a much better coaching staff. not a good comparison. we've been through the dalton poo on this board-it was called "all last year", new guy. your own coach also isn't big on calling his quarterbacks out either as we found out over many years when jake delhomme was our starter. different coaches have different styles.

I have seen Dalton going over plays with his team multiple times and reviewing negative plays with his OC.

cam would have to be in the booth to go over plays with our OC. which is part of the problem with chudzinski among many other things.

RG3 has also been voted a captain as a rookie and comes off much more mature and mentally tough than Cam.

he sure looked mentally tough when the panthers beat him like a drum.

It shows in his interviews and in his on/off the field demeanor.

who fuging cares about the face he puts on for the media.

I don't look around the league and see many qb's constantly sulking by themselves with a towel over their heads and acting like sad little kids in post game pressers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1piy8Zxddw

Goodluck banking on 2-3 more years completely changing a guys attitude when most likely he will be learning another new system and having a ton of player turnover in Carolina when a new coach gets hired.

thank you for the well wishes!

#94 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,312 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:06 PM

also for this last little shitnugget of your two flush post:

No that kind of leadership is either something that you have or you don't have.

we won't know anything about that until later in cam's career when he's being coached by a competent staff that actually inspires leadership instead of the poo sandwich we have now. do you think cam forgot how to be a leader after his time at auburn when he was clearly the heartbeat of that team?

#95 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 40,291 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:07 PM

The irony of this video that everyone missed amidst the usual discussion...

John Fox saying "Next time you think about running, pass it instead" :o

#96 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,312 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:13 PM

you donks fans are unbelievably lucky to have elway handcuffing fox the way he has and force feeding him peyton manning.

if fox was calling the shots i promise you kyle orton or some other shitheap career backup or washed up FA starter would be your starting QB right now.

#97 Milehigh_Madness07

Milehigh_Madness07

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:28 PM

RG3 didn't come to the media and ask for a suggestion box and have a mini mental breakdown for starters. Secondly I get that the oline is in shambles but it doesn't help when Cam cannot read an NFL defense and holds the ball for 5+ seconds with happy feet in the pocket. Thirdly every qb that gets drafted high was a leader on their respective college teams, if they weren't then nobody would give them the time of day. If you cannot lead people your own age than you sure as heck won't lead grown men. Cam has failed to make the transition into that guy. I feel like Luke K will the be leader of your team for a long time and with good health a top 3 mlb in this league for years. And lastly us Broncos fans are lucky to have Elway because he is showing that he is the anti Michael Jordan in terms of a great player transitioning into a competent GM. He has had two wonderful drafts and brought in some solid vets. Was it that Fox was a bad coach or that ownership and the GM left him out to dry with poor moves and not giving him the players that he was comfortable with? Also he lost a lot of guys to injury while he was in Carolina so you can't hold that against the guy. And just out of curiousity since when did Marvin Lewis become some great coach? The GM really did Fox some favors with good old Jimmy C at qb as well. Im sure that move really rallied the troops.

#98 brandon_87

brandon_87

ooh wee mayne he dat deal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:55 PM

A second year QB sure as hell can do more than hang his head on the bench.

Grab the photo folder. Look at what the defense is doing. Talk to your o-line. Talk to your receivers.Talk to your damn QB coach.

Doing any one of these would be an improvement.

When will our coaching staff nut up and grab his ass off the bench and talk to him?

that's what i've been asking for the longest time

#99 carpantherfan84

carpantherfan84

Abductive Reasoner

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:12 PM

Congratulations media for turning completely irrelevant habits into the most talked about thing on a team that quite frankly is overachieving with the collection of talent they have.

Im sure everyone really believes that there is something Cam or anybody on this team can say that change the fact that they are not playing well or that there is anything any of them can do other than PLAY BETTER. And as soon as they are none of that other poo will matter.

Why are we talking about this. Seriously, why are interviews or towels over your head important.
Attached File  kat williams.jpg   7.89KB   0 downloads

Raise your hand if you are a behavior interpreter by trade... Dont worry I'll wait.

And for anybody that disagrees that we are overachieving I challenge you to name 5 people on the offense that would start anywhere in the league.

#100 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,312 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:25 PM

RG3 didn't come to the media and ask for a suggestion box and have a mini mental breakdown for starters.

he did cry about getting hit late though. poor guy!

Secondly I get that the oline is in shambles

never said a damn thing about that.

but it doesn't help when Cam cannot read an NFL defense and holds the ball for 5+ seconds with happy feet in the pocket.

check my post history for a breakdown of the safety from sunday with all-22 coaches film that highlights why this happens. chud called three vertical routes from his own one yard line that took that long to develop. also "can't read an NFL defense" is lazy bullshit posted by people who don't know what they're looking at. griffin isn't being asked to read defenses in any serious capacity right now and you can tell by watching his game film but that doesn't stop you from sucking his dick.

Thirdly every qb that gets drafted high was a leader on their respective college teams, if they weren't then nobody would give them the time of day. If you cannot lead people your own age than you sure as heck won't lead grown men. Cam has failed to make the transition into that guy.

yeah we should just cut him now one and a half seasons into his pro career i guess.

what's the end game of arguments like this? do you just avoid the obvious conclusion to avoid sounding crazy?

I feel like Luke K will the be leader of your team for a long time and with good health a top 3 mlb in this league for years.

congrats on posting something correct for the first time in your brief time here

And lastly us Broncos fans are lucky to have Elway because he is showing that he is the anti Michael Jordan in terms of a great player transitioning into a competent GM. He has had two wonderful drafts and brought in some solid vets.

oh man, you're on a roll! two correct thoughts in a row!

Was it that Fox was a bad coach or that ownership and the GM left him out to dry with poor moves and not giving him the players that he was comfortable with?

oh damn, and you were doing so good.

carolina was up against the cap for many years having dealt big contracts to guys hand picked by fox and hurney. this franchise had a serious problem with overpaying vets for a long time and it had to do with the culture fox/hurney installed here. they way overvalued loyalty and tenure which resulted in guys like deshaun foster being started over deangelo williams and tyler brayton starting over charles johnson. carolina has given him very, very talented and expensive rosters before-go back and read some season previews from 2006 when we went on a huge shopping spree and had the unquestioned best front four on paper in the entire league. fox led that team to an 8-8 record. 2010 was the only season where fox was truly hung out to dry and that was in anticipation of the lockout.

seriously, i'm not kidding when i say that everything about this franchise bore fox's stamp.

the common defense for fox is this widespread notion that the panthers have always had a "cheap front office" and since most of your knowledge of this team probably comes from talking heads on ESPN i can't really blame you for buying it. it's generally untrue barring the 2010 season as the panthers have made big splashes on contracts and in free agency many times.

i and everybody else here know fox much better than you or really any broncos fans. you aren't going to win this.

Also he lost a lot of guys to injury while he was in Carolina so you can't hold that against the guy.

can i hold his stubborn clinging to jake delhomme and over reliance on aging veterans against him? because that and what you mentioned are kind of overlapping problems.

And just out of curiousity since when did Marvin Lewis become some great coach?

marvin lewis and jay gruden are very, very good coaches compared to ron rivera and rod chudzinski

The GM really did Fox some favors with good old Jimmy C at qb as well. Im sure that move really rallied the troops.

oh no the one year where fox had to deal with sub par talent and a cheap front office.

#101 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,312 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:34 PM

really i know you think i'm sitting here poo talking your coach but he just has obvious weaknesses. thankfully, your front office is working hard to mitigate them and avoid the mistakes our franchise made. good on them.

#102 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,390 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:03 PM

just think it's funny that some fan of some other team on some forum out there in donkey land was sitting there fuming about how some team somewhere is saying things about their team.

THE NOIVE!!!!!! I HAVE TO STOP THE DISRESPECT!!!! THEY HAVE NO RIGGHHHHHTTTTT!!!!!!!!!! IT's PERSONNAL YOU MUST RESPECT MAH TEAM!!!!!!!!!

#103 Milehigh_Madness07

Milehigh_Madness07

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:09 PM

1) Complaining about a late hit is a lot different than asking for suggestions and acting like a child everytime something goes wrong.
2) Your oline is in shambles with its best player out, I was deflecting some of the blame off of Cam due to the lack of talent he has in front of him. I could care less if you brought it up because I did.
3) It shows a clear lack of play calling knowledge and overall lack of common sense if your OC was calling it in that situation. And I would hold out hope for ownership to get a big name guy in here to replace Rivera seeing as how Carolina is not the historic franchise that others are. I dont agree with coaches overlooking it, but I think it will happen because lesser franchises get passed up consistently for jobs with a bigger brand.
4) When on earth did I ever say you should cut Cam? Clearly you dig deeply in order to satisfy your need for childish arguments and assume things rather quickly. Since day 1 in the NFL i have failed to see him turn into a leader of men, I am not saying it won't happen, but there is no proof that he will turn it around. The specials I have seen on him and his pressers don't do him any favors when it comes to looking mentally fragile.
5) Marvin Lewis has always been an average HC in his tenure with the bengals. He was a solid DC with the ravens which is exactly what Rivera was with Chicago and San Diego. He was great when he took that Bears unit to the superbowl and he did wonderful things in San Diego for a few years with his players.
6) Clearly you gm has issues if he is allowing a coach to give that much input into his drafting. A hc already has too much responsibility and every year there are countless examples of coaches given too much power in terms of drafting duties (Shanahan, Holmgren, Fisher) and they continuously fail. If that was the case in Carolina than there is nobody to blame but the gm for lack of a backbone.
7) Who the hell spends that much money in a backfield and expects to win football games? Seriously how can you devote that much money to guys when there are clearly many other needs on a team and justify it?
8) Fox is going to the playoffs this year and the Broncos have a legit superbowl shot over the next few years with the core group of players they have under contract. Maybe winning multiple AFC west titles and potentially superbowls will change your outlook on him as a coach. If your team was allowing him to do co-gm duties while he was coaching maybe that took away from his main job, and in the end there is nobody to blame but ownership for that.

#104 Milehigh_Madness07

Milehigh_Madness07

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:14 PM

just think it's funny that some fan of some other team on some forum out there in donkey land was sitting there fuming about how some team somewhere is saying things about their team.

THE NOIVE!!!!!! I HAVE TO STOP THE DISRESPECT!!!! THEY HAVE NO RIGGHHHHHTTTTT!!!!!!!!!! IT's PERSONNAL YOU MUST RESPECT MAH TEAM!!!!!!!!!

I am hardly fuming about anything your team and its fans have said about the team I enjoy watching. You get all butt hurt when I come and shed some of my opinions on my team and yours as well. A great example is the von miller/ kevin vickerson thread in which you guys said neither play was called during the game, when clearly they were. At least the other guy I was debating with sheds some of his knowledge and opinions as opposed to being a jagoff about it. Plus its not like I was in here trolling after a win going "scoreboard" and "your team sucks," I actually enjoy watching all teams and felt like debating some people after the garbage that was spread all over the Denver boards by Carolina fans.

#105 SuperJTheGreat

SuperJTheGreat

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,077 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:15 PM

I would like to thank you guys for this being my first 100 plus post topic started.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com