39 replies to this topic

#31 Who Said What?

Who Said What?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
  • LocationEverybody knows Carolina's my home

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:25 PM

Here is a little more proof for those thinking that Chud is worth a damn.(If there are any left).

http://www.profootba...laymakers-to-fa

#32 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,398 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:28 PM

Rivera said the team has double calls in the huddle, but few changes of the play call at the line.

I would really like for one of our beat guys to ask for a clarification of this part. So RR is saying they are calling in 2 plays on the headset, but then not letting Cam change it once he sees the defense? Or he is saying they are giving Cam a choice of calling 1 of 2 plays in the huddle? Either way, this just doesn't make any sense.

Or maybe, Ron just doesn't know and he made this up on the fly.

#33 Navy_football

Navy_football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:38 PM

Wow, I wonder if ESPN will begin mentioning this bit of info? I guess we don't have to worry about losing Chud to a HC gig in the off season.

"Instead of lining up with a powerfully built offensive line and hitting defenses in the mouth the way GM Marty Hurney built the team and owner Jerry Richardson prefers his brand of football, the Panthers have gone to a finesse style, in which the line is often set in a two-point stance when running the ball. Newton, who is taking more hits than ever, is being asked to run a college running attack coupled with a pro passing game that no NFL quarterback is capable of mastering, even if their last name is Manning."

#34 FastNFurious

FastNFurious

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:43 PM

So let me see.... a run play is called and the defense has 8 stacked in the box..... and we run it anyways....makes perfect sense

#35 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,059 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:52 PM

Soooo it's week 11 and Cam is still our leading rusher. Greatest OC ever?

#36 KissMyConverse

KissMyConverse

ShoGun of Harlem

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:01 PM

So when I bring this argument up, the very first thing the Cam Haters/ Non Panther fans say is....

"Well have you ever thought of why they won't let him audible?"

They can imply that Cam doesn't have the mental fortitude to change the play after reading the defense. But I like to point out that not only is he the guy that does the most film watching, last year after just getting the playbook and that's it, Winke said they would go over a big chunk of the playbook and come back after lunch and Cam would spew it out perfectly.
I think this kid is not only very Coachable BUT picks things up very quickly...... /sigh

#37 Captain Obvious

Captain Obvious

i want to have Ronda Rousey's children

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,890 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:36 PM

Yeah, I don't know what that Captain Obvious dude was talking about. I clearly stated in the first post that he has put the clamps on Cam and said that he is not doing all of the audibles like other teams right now. I really cannot stand having to explain to new people every week that Cam is experiencing this "slump" because of the change in our philosophy.

I guess that smiley didn't convey the sarcasm I wanted, I mean it winked at you what else do you want. Maybe a few of you are a little high strung. I'll keep that in mind next time. It is evident that our beloved OC has put the handcuffs on our offense, just don't know why we need 2 million posts a week that say the same thing. But please explain away.. i find it to be quite humorous to read while I take a dump.

#38 njcarolina

njcarolina

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:48 PM

Attached File  Untitled333.png   83.05K   1 downloads

#39 Who Said What?

Who Said What?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:02 AM

I guess that smiley didn't convey the sarcasm I wanted, I mean it winked at you what else do you want. Maybe a few of you are a little high strung. I'll keep that in mind next time. It is evident that our beloved OC has put the handcuffs on our offense, just don't know why we need 2 million posts a week that say the same thing. But please explain away.. i find it to be quite humorous to read while I take a dump.

My bad maine. The text was small on my screen and its hard to decipher the message. I will do some yoga, but everybody is high strung with the nonsense we see every Sunday. It is terrible and we are gonna have to suffer like the lame-duck last John Fox year.

#40 Who Said What?

Who Said What?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:12 AM

So when I bring this argument up, the very first thing the Cam Haters/ Non Panther fans say is....

"Well have you ever thought of why they won't let him audible?"

They can imply that Cam doesn't have the mental fortitude to change the play after reading the defense. But I like to point out that not only is he the guy that does the most film watching, last year after just getting the playbook and that's it, Winke said they would go over a big chunk of the playbook and come back after lunch and Cam would spew it out perfectly.
I think this kid is not only very Coachable BUT picks things up very quickly...... /sigh

Yeah, and the thing that pisses me off is the head coach and OC are giving people the ammo they need to try and break this kid down. Last year the national media had the gun and this year they have the clip to hate. This is que ridiquio. The countdown has started.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.