68 replies to this topic

#61 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,764 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:16 PM

Um have you ever tried to take the elevator or even seen the lines?

until someone has an issue with getting around (walking) they do see anything like that.

#62 goodoleboy

goodoleboy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:47 PM

Um have you ever tried to take the elevator or even seen the lines?

Yes I have taken the elevator many times. My wife has back problems and takes it almost every game she goes to. We usually get to the stadium about 1 hour before kickoff. Sometimes I feel like walking up the ramps while she takes the elevator. We generally get to our seats about the same time.

There is often an attitude from the club/400 level fans towards us lowely 500 level elevator riders. I bet they will be exclusive at some point

#63 GSO_Pantherz

GSO_Pantherz

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 06:55 PM

This sounds great! We need to place the burden of wasteful stadium improvements on the taxpayers!!!

#64 Riverboat Ron

Riverboat Ron

The Gambler

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,209 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 07:45 PM

Posted ImageNot going to be happy till we get real Panthers eating criminals during halftime for our amusement.

#65 xclr82xtc

xclr82xtc

Battle of the Cats Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:17 PM

its going to get a massive retractable roof, a roll out floor, and a lowes motor speed way big screen.

#66 xclr82xtc

xclr82xtc

Battle of the Cats Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:26 PM

oh and every 3 chair swill have a screen hooked to the back so you can "watch the game from your living room" in the stadium

#67 Actionman0z

Actionman0z

Strong Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:41 PM

They could start by improving the players that play in the stadium.

#68 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,879 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:17 PM

I'd rather see a roof on the stadium. Retractable of course.

#69 scratchy1

scratchy1

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:29 PM

Since I started this thread, maybe I should resurrect it. The deal with the city is contingent on the public funding, including the $62 million being sought from the state. Tillis is not supportive and it won't happen without his support. McCrory is not sticking his neck out for the Panthers on this. Tillis is OK backing a bill that would let the city increase the food and bev tax, but not a bill for direct state tax dollars into the stadium. I'm told Richardson was very blunt and came across as condescending in his meeting with Tillis, or at least Tillis came away with that impression. State funding appears very unlikely at this point. It is very possible that the Panthers will come back to the city for the $62 million and ask that the city in effect simply dedicate more years of the food/bev tax increase to the stadium project. I can tell you that the Panthers will be firm in not scaling back the project and they will also be very firm in not going out more than 15 years on their agreement not to move. There are other public/private funding options being evaluated, but this seems the most likely scenario and it will be very politically inflammatory. Richardson simply does not understand opposition to public funding and if talks are reopened and the city council balks, this could melt down very quickly. Don't assume this is over, or even nearly over, because it isn't.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com