Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Miller and Vickerson fined for hits on Cam(None of which were penalized during game)

44 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Miller has been fined $21,000 for a low hit on quarterback Cam Newton, according to Mike Klis of the Denver Post.

Defensive tackle Kevin Vickerson also was fined $15,000 for applying a horse collar tackle to Newton.

The 2011 defensive rookie of the year doesn’t believe he broke the rules when making contact with with 2011 offensive rookie of the year below the knee.  “How am I supposed to know if he threw the ball or not?” Miller said.  “I was down on the ground — actually the guard facemasked me and threw me into the quarterback.  I’m supposed to what?  Stand straight up and continue with the tackle?”

The play, available on the NFL.com Game Rewind service, shows that Miller wasn’t thrown or blocked into Newton’s lower leg.  Instead, Miller was knocked low and stayed low as he pursued Newton and hit him below the knee.

Also, the question of whether Newton had thrown the ball is irrelevant.  A quarterback in the pocket can’t be hit above the shoulders or at or below the knees, regardless of whether he has the ball in his hands or not.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/15/von-miller-picks-up-21k-fine-for-hit-on-cam-newton/

I see all this poo while watching the game and even yelled at the tv "That's a horse collar, a fuging HORSE COLLAR!" with a ref one foot within Newton, such a shitty crew.

Posted · Report post

I called the horsecollar too, yelled at the screen and everyone at the room. If I recall that was on a 3rd down too and could have been a momentum tur... who am i kidding, we would have lost anyway.

Posted · Report post

Miller may be a very good LB, but he sure sounded ignorant as hell with those comments

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I to was irate about the horse collar sack. Also was questionable about the hit Miller put on Cam looked helmet to helmet but I know he didnt lead with his helmet But Cams head snapped back like it was a massive blow

Posted · Report post

Good fug them. Dancing all over our field.

Posted · Report post

I thought the horse collar was called but not the tackle below the knee.

Also we got raped on the two long gains, the screen to stewart they called holding on Gross, and the OPI they called on Murphy was Bailey was grabbing and making contact past 5 yards.

I always feel like we get the shitty end of the stick when it comes to calls.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

If this were any other team's QB we'd be saying No Fun League! Got to love the Huddle.

Posted · Report post

Fines happen every week, irrelevant.

Von Miller was still pretty classless out there, what goes around comes around.

Posted · Report post

BRING BACK THE REPLACEMENTS!!!!!

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

vickerson was flagged

Posted · Report post

vickerson was flagged

This.

Posted · Report post

We're a shtty team, we get the shtty crew. That's just how it is.

• Latest Articles

• Recent Comments