Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guys, Guys Please,

45 posts in this topic

Posted

this forum goes from Superbowl to #1 draft pick based on each individual play, much less an entire game.

Posted

Rayzor, so true so true....like that big word don't ya....implore....hahaha!

yep.

thank beetlejuice for google.

Posted

I do remember a few Saints' fans falling off the wagon after their loss to the '9ers. It was pretty pathetic. They've probably died of dysentery at this point.

Posted

I like coming here on Sunday nights the same reason people like to rubberneck car wrecks on the highway.

There are some good posters on this board so don't take this to encompass everyone. But this statement is so true.

I'm a member of almost half the teams message boards and in game day after a loss, there is nothing more ridiculous meltdown wise as the huddle. Sane members seem to try and keep it together but in the end, the inmates are running the asylum.

It happens on every board but not to the level here. I know a few people that frequent other teams message boards that love reading the huddle after a loss. It's hilarious.

Posted

I do remember a few Saints' fans falling off the wagon after their loss to the '9ers. It was pretty pathetic. They've probably died by dysentery at this point.

i can see that being big problem when your whole city is basically a toilet for the mississippi river.

Posted

I do remember a few Saints' fans falling off the wagon after their loss to the '9ers. It was pretty pathetic. They've probably died of dysentery at this point.

one saints fan talked about how it drove him back to the horse.

that tops any kind of overreaction i've ever seen on this board and that includes the playoff loss to the cardinals in 2008.

Posted

Lets use a little of professionalism and maturity no matter what the outcome on Sunday, other forums are already making fun of us as "imploding" and acting like pouting little kids throwing a temper tantrum. , let us ride out this season, and we will be a different team next year, watch and see.Be patient

Carolinapfn

isn't this what we said last year????

Posted

concern trolling is so played out and tired

Posted

one saints fan talked about how it drove him back to the horse.

that tops any kind of overreaction i've ever seen on this board and that includes the playoff loss to the cardinals in 2008.

WTF? The Playoff loss to the Cardinals was the beginning of the sum of all our fears. It was the Panthers version of the fiscal cliff that we keep hearing about in the media. It gave true meaning to the words of that Emergency Medical Alert commercial: "I've fallen, but I can't get up!" After that day, the line between Jerry Richardson and Jerry Jones became somewhat cloudy: They weren't the same, but not totally different, but, in some respects, as far apart as the east and west (especially in the way that they handle their finances in reference to the perceived future success of their respective teams...ironically with similar results). History has proven that overreaction that day was well justified.

The organization lost its way. Jerry Richardson tossed the keys of his Brinks truck to the Hurninator, and told him to drive because they apparently overdone it on the Jake juice after experiencing a real-life meltdown on the field that was just too much for the old guys to take. They drove around under the influence making it rain on a few familiar faces, without taking into account that they had lost touch with reality---the even bigger picture. After Richardson woke up from the hangover, then he wanted to go all Scrooge and reel his spending in, and that's when he gutted the team, and now we are in the midst of the result. Overreaction? Indeed!

Posted

tampa message board is going crazy.

Posted

WTF? The Playoff loss to the Cardinals was the beginning of the sum of all our fears. It was the Panthers version of the fiscal cliff that we keep hearing about in the media. It gave true meaning to the words of that Emergency Medical Alert commercial: "I've fallen, but I can't get up!" After that day, the line between Jerry Richardson and Jerry Jones became somewhat cloudy: They weren't the same, but not totally different, but, in some respects, as far apart as the east and west (especially in the way that they handle their finances in reference to the perceived future success of their respective teams...ironically with similar results). History has proven that overreaction that day was well justified.

The organization lost its way. Jerry Richardson tossed the keys of his Brinks truck to the Hurninator, and told him to drive because they apparently overdone it on the Jake juice after experiencing a real-life meltdown on the field that was just too much for the old guys to take. They drove around under the influence making it rain on a few familiar faces, without taking into account that they had lost touch with reality---the even bigger picture. After Richardson woke up from the hangover, then he wanted to go all Scrooge and reel his spending in, and that's when he gutted the team, and now we are in the midst of the result. Overreaction? Indeed!

yeah no poo that playoff loss was the largest among several factors that threw this franchise off the rails.

that's not what i'm talking about, though. i was talking more about people posting stuff on a message board and how a guy claiming that a playoff loss made him start using heroin again was crazier and had farther reaching implications than anything football related i've seen from a user here.

1 person likes this

Posted

yeah no poo that playoff loss was the largest among several factors that threw this franchise off the rails.

that's not what i'm talking about, though. i was talking more about people posting stuff on a message board and how a guy claiming that a playoff loss made him start using heroin again was crazier and had farther reaching implications than anything football related i've seen from a user here.

Wow. Some people take this stuff waaaaaaaaay too seriously.

As for me, If it bothers me that bad, I'll just turn football off for the rest of the day, have a drink or two, and have some COD MW3 therapy time at the expense of the fam and my deceasing K/D ratio.

Can't wait to get my hands on B-OPs II. That will keep me in perspective for another year...