Guys, Guys Please,

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#31 Port City Cat Fan

Port City Cat Fan

• ALL-PRO
  • 334 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:45 AM

Lets use a little of professionalism and maturity no matter what the outcome on Sunday, other forums are already making fun of us as "imploding" and acting like pouting little kids throwing a temper tantrum. , let us ride out this season, and we will be a different team next year, watch and see.Be patient

Carolinapfn

isn't this what we said last year????

#32 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

We dominated time of possession though!

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,680 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:49 AM

concern trolling is so played out and tired

#33 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,575 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:23 PM

one saints fan talked about how it drove him back to the horse.

that tops any kind of overreaction i've ever seen on this board and that includes the playoff loss to the cardinals in 2008.

WTF? The Playoff loss to the Cardinals was the beginning of the sum of all our fears. It was the Panthers version of the fiscal cliff that we keep hearing about in the media. It gave true meaning to the words of that Emergency Medical Alert commercial: "I've fallen, but I can't get up!" After that day, the line between Jerry Richardson and Jerry Jones became somewhat cloudy: They weren't the same, but not totally different, but, in some respects, as far apart as the east and west (especially in the way that they handle their finances in reference to the perceived future success of their respective teams...ironically with similar results). History has proven that overreaction that day was well justified.

The organization lost its way. Jerry Richardson tossed the keys of his Brinks truck to the Hurninator, and told him to drive because they apparently overdone it on the Jake juice after experiencing a real-life meltdown on the field that was just too much for the old guys to take. They drove around under the influence making it rain on a few familiar faces, without taking into account that they had lost touch with reality---the even bigger picture. After Richardson woke up from the hangover, then he wanted to go all Scrooge and reel his spending in, and that's when he gutted the team, and now we are in the midst of the result. Overreaction? Indeed!

#34 Match.com

Match.com

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:28 PM

tampa message board is going crazy.

#35 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,680 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:32 PM

WTF? The Playoff loss to the Cardinals was the beginning of the sum of all our fears. It was the Panthers version of the fiscal cliff that we keep hearing about in the media. It gave true meaning to the words of that Emergency Medical Alert commercial: "I've fallen, but I can't get up!" After that day, the line between Jerry Richardson and Jerry Jones became somewhat cloudy: They weren't the same, but not totally different, but, in some respects, as far apart as the east and west (especially in the way that they handle their finances in reference to the perceived future success of their respective teams...ironically with similar results). History has proven that overreaction that day was well justified.

The organization lost its way. Jerry Richardson tossed the keys of his Brinks truck to the Hurninator, and told him to drive because they apparently overdone it on the Jake juice after experiencing a real-life meltdown on the field that was just too much for the old guys to take. They drove around under the influence making it rain on a few familiar faces, without taking into account that they had lost touch with reality---the even bigger picture. After Richardson woke up from the hangover, then he wanted to go all Scrooge and reel his spending in, and that's when he gutted the team, and now we are in the midst of the result. Overreaction? Indeed!

yeah no poo that playoff loss was the largest among several factors that threw this franchise off the rails.

that's not what i'm talking about, though. i was talking more about people posting stuff on a message board and how a guy claiming that a playoff loss made him start using heroin again was crazier and had farther reaching implications than anything football related i've seen from a user here.

#36 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,575 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:43 PM

yeah no poo that playoff loss was the largest among several factors that threw this franchise off the rails.

that's not what i'm talking about, though. i was talking more about people posting stuff on a message board and how a guy claiming that a playoff loss made him start using heroin again was crazier and had farther reaching implications than anything football related i've seen from a user here.

Wow. Some people take this stuff waaaaaaaaay too seriously.

As for me, If it bothers me that bad, I'll just turn football off for the rest of the day, have a drink or two, and have some COD MW3 therapy time at the expense of the fam and my deceasing K/D ratio.

Can't wait to get my hands on B-OPs II. That will keep me in perspective for another year...

#37 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,680 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:47 PM

yeah i mean the saints have a history that's just strewn with soul-shattering losses and blown opportunities. you'd think their long-time fans would be used to it. i know a few and they even approached their long winning streak and tear through the playoffs in 2009 with skepticism.

plus they have a lombardi trophy now.

#38 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,963 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:59 PM

I am with Rayzor, I avoid this board for at least 24 hours after a loss and then peruse the posts to see if the whining and complaining has slowed down. If not I don't post for the next 24 hours. It isn't that I couldn't keep right on but honestly get tired of all the bitching and complaining. Usually by Wednesday things have calmed down. You have a better chance to see the sun not come up tomorrow than you would people stop bitching on here. The sooner you accept that, the better off you are.

#39 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,297 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:21 PM

this past game i made the mistake of having a computer near me while the game was going on. of course after the game i went to hang out with my family and some friends so i was able to move on pretty easily. still...lesson remembered. don't post on game day. don't look at the huddle afterwards, at least after a loss.

it just fuels my little bit of rage/disappointment and life's too short for that.

#40 Strawman

Strawman

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationKissimmee FL

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:22 PM

If people were half as upset after a loss, as they seem by their posts here after the game. The suicide rate in Charlotte would skyrocket every Sunday night. I am disappointed by this season, but I now watch the games expecting them to lose. At this point I'm just evaluating who needs to go with Chud and Ron, playing armchair GM if you will.

#41 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:55 AM

this past game i made the mistake of having a computer near me while the game was going on. of course after the game i went to hang out with my family and some friends so i was able to move on pretty easily. still...lesson remembered. don't post on game day. don't look at the huddle afterwards, at least after a loss.

it just fuels my little bit of rage/disappointment and life's too short for that.

Yeah, but you can't put a price on the entertainment value. Especially true in the game day chat. The majority are typically ready to commit ritual seppuku after we fail to convert our first 3rd down.

#42 DeeJay

DeeJay

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts
  • LocationHell Paso Texas

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:46 AM

This season ended its just 7 more weeks of drinking pretty much.

Oh and blaming rivera cause he sucks

#43 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,979 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:54 AM

On recen history we have been one of the most unsuccessful franchises in the NFL.....

Most successful fanbases flip out over much less than around here

#44 fjblair

fjblair

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:42 PM

Many fan bases are worse!

The problem with the Panther fan base is many of us are young, immature, and inexperienced.

If you removed the mods from this site, what do you think the mean age would be here? My guess would be 20-24.

Also many panther fans have parents who did not grow up as panther fans. I applaud those of you who rebelled against your Steeler parents.

I think you are probably right about the age. Definitely very young.

#45 Dont Check My Chicken

Dont Check My Chicken

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:31 PM

The coaching is inexperienced and the Panthers lack talent in the secondary and depth with the o-line. However, the worst of it is that the poor staff doesn't recognize these obvious weaknesses until SEVERAL teams exploit it. Until we address these serious deficiencies, I don't expect "it will be better next year".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com