#1 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,506 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:07 AM

http://www.nbcdfw.co...-179643161.html

Now that all the folks have no job, how will the unions get their dough?

#2 GOOGLE RON PAUL

GOOGLE RON PAUL

fleet-footed poster

• HUDDLER
  • 4,384 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:13 AM

those fuging unions. it reminds me of an old poem

first they came for Hostess, and i did not speak out - because i was not fat

#3 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 11,506 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:47 AM

Fat people everywhere stocking up, Little Debbie shelves being emptied. The end is here

#4 Guest_Super_Freak_*

Guest_Super_Freak_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:52 AM

I'm sure some company will buy the Hostess brand.

Mmmmm deep fried Twinkies.

#5 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 17,484 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:56 AM

unions are one of the pillars of capitalism. We should be encouraging union expansion and competition, not demonizing them.

<never had a twinkie in my life

#Jase2016

#6 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 21,992 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:59 AM

when the unions are at the table, what is their exit strategy for job training for those folks who have paid into the system and if for some reason the plant closes?

Also, while at the table, is the taxpayer in that community at the table along with the union boss and the cfo's of that plant or biz?

#7 twylyght

twylyght

The picture of how I care

• HUDDLER
  • 2,561 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:10 AM

unions are one of the pillars of capitalism. We should be encouraging union expansion and competition, not demonizing them.

<never had a twinkie in my life

#Jase2016

Unions would be a pillar of capitalism if they were allowed to have competing entities. Since they don't allow such things, they are actually the opposite of free market capitalism.

I love the idea of collective bargaining. I hate the idea that my only option to work is with the union. If I had the option of choosing which union i wish to patronize that would be awesome. Since that isn't the case, they are far closer to a communistic proletariat in function

#8 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,983 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:12 AM

Unions have their place but often become just as corrupt as the corporations they are unionizing against.

My dad was in a union for 30+ years and couldn't stand their local or national leadership... "buncha damned crooks" he always said.

#9 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 17,484 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:14 AM

Unions would be a pillar of capitalism if they were allowed to have competing entities. Since they don't allow such things, they are actually the opposite of free market capitalism.

I love the idea of collective bargaining. I hate the idea that my only option to work is with the union. If I had the option of choosing which union i wish to patronize that would be awesome. Since that isn't the case, they are far closer to a communistic proletariat in function

I think the real key to union success will be if we can legislate better competition into the mix.

Nobody's done it though, because it would take a dem or pub breaking from the party line.

#10 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 21,992 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:14 AM

i agree about more unions to choose from. in a way, it just shows their hypocrisy. unions have done some good things and have helped conditions to be improved, that isn't the argument although many will say that the moment you challenge the unions.

why not have a couple of union choices and based on their platform or agenda, you can choose?

#11 twylyght

twylyght

• HUDDLER
  • 2,561 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:19 AM

I gotten some pretty violent reactions when I floated the idea of competing unions. All of it shrouded in loyalty crap when the leadership struck me as the type to poo on their constituents from what I could tell.

#12 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,005 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:02 AM

well... they were dealing with multiple unions... they'd already come to an agreement with the teamsters but couldn't come to an agreement with another large one... sooooo...

#13 twylyght

twylyght

• HUDDLER
  • 2,561 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:07 AM

well... they were dealing with multiple unions... they'd already come to an agreement with the teamsters but couldn't come to an agreement with another large one... sooooo...

Those were not competing unions if I understand the situation correctly. If that were the case, then said situation would never have come to be

#14 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

__YOU CAN'T FIRE ME!__

• HUDDLER
  • 18,227 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:28 AM

Just the first of many to follow.

#15 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,250 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 10:29 AM

It was the BTCGM (bakers) union that wouldn't budge.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com