Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Delhommey

The Southern Strategy - The Lee Atwater Interview

86 posts in this topic

never said anything that was bad for the gop didn't exist. of course it does. but not to the level of some diabolical plot.

i know tons of reps and dems and honestly, the only time i hear the n word is here. i know some good ole southern boys too and they NEVER use that word. maybe with someone else but not around me.

at the same time, i would make sure the focus isn't squarely on the gop to the point where folks don't challenge the dems more on education or the industrial prison system or anything else that they can have a better influence on.

The whole point is replacing the n-word with code language, so of course you don't usually hear it.

tell me these code words

tell me these code words

if they tell you the code words then they can't change on a whim to suit their purposes. this is the way calvin-ball works

Another dude who didn't read/view the OP.

weird how I had only heard the term 'southern strategy' about twice in my life until we elected a black president. Since then I've heard it 23984843587243 times.

Must be a coincidence.

Are you implying it's not a thing, or just that people didn't bring it up until lately?

Cause I heard about it all through high school and college government classes. It's a very pivotal thing in American politics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_strategy