Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Southern Strategy - The Lee Atwater Interview

86 posts in this topic

Posted

George Wallace agrees!

George Wallace, isn't that the guy who ran against Richard "Southern Strategy" Nixon?

Posted

Atwater died in 1991.

Posted

George Wallace, isn't that the guy who ran against Richard "Southern Strategy" Nixon?

The same, he ran to the right of Nixon. He out Southern-ed Nixon's "Southern Strategy" as a third party candidate.

Just like today, the "Southern Strategy" back then was somewhat of a misnomer, as it attracted people throughout the nation that were typically more rural and conservative.

Posted

Race didn't cause the Repubs the election. Their tie-in to the religious right costs them more votes than anything else. The two idiots who made the rape comments should be sent bouquets by Obama.

Posted

white people: pro-preferential treatment for century after century until it started benefitting blacks.

1 person likes this

Posted

I didn't realize that white people lived for hundreds of years.

1 person likes this

Posted

does delhommey bring up race at social gatherings to the point that his acquaintances start hiding from him? because it seems to be the only thing he talks about on here...

Posted

The death of Southern Strategy

medium.jpg

Posted

The same, he ran to the right of Nixon. He out Southern-ed Nixon's "Southern Strategy" as a third party candidate.

Just like today, the "Southern Strategy" back then was somewhat of a misnomer, as it attracted people throughout the nation that were typically more rural and conservative.

Well 1968 was well before I took my first breath on this earth, so I won't say what the campaign was all about. But judging by the election map, Nixon seemed to run a "nationwide" strategy. He won practically everything except the northeast and the gulf coast.

Posted

does delhommey bring up race at social gatherings to the point that his acquaintances start hiding from him? because it seems to be the only thing he talks about on here...

Let's just say if I was on a message board of Holocaust deniers, I'd mostly bring that up.

Posted

medium.jpg

this kinda makes liberals look like the jerks. we should be above this kinda stuff.

Posted

medium.jpg

pocket pool.

1 person likes this