• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#46 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,098 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:14 PM

You can look at huddle posts and news feeds on facebook and go ahh. Looks like some robots have gotten their marching orders for the day.
Then the slightest of push back turns them into midde school girls.

Hey guise what's goin on in this thread?

Posted Image

#47 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 3,730 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:39 PM

"States Rights", "Forced Busing", "Integration", "Quotas", "Preferential Treatment" "Separate but Equal"

Some of you may not appreciate the importance of context, but just imagine you are you are growing up in the 60's-70's. The Feds are forcing you to move from your beautiful modern neighborhood school that you walk to everyday and instead you will now be bused across town at oh dark thirty in the morning. All because some Democratic Congress passed a law and it is being enforced by some liberal Federal Judge saying you have to be integrated with those knitters on the wrong side of the tracks in their old dirty underfunded school buildings. In some areas of the deep south they even required national guard troops to come in and enforce those laws. Good times!

Now, if you are a politician and tell everyone you support "States Rights" imagine what kind of a warm welcome you would get in a southern white community. Yes, you only said "States Rights", but those two words mean a whole lot more in the right context. It also means you are against busing, racial quotas, preferential treatment and in many minds... uppity black people's struggle for equality. That is how dog whistles and coded language work. Today, many people don't appreciate why "States Rights" resonates so well within the Republican party. Yes I know what your thinking, "States Rights" was also a popular southern term leading up to the Civil War... hmmm, imagine that!

"Some Republicans gave up on winning the African-American vote, looking the other way or trying to benefit politically from racial polarization," Mehlman said at the annual convention of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People. "I am here today as the Republican chairman to tell you we were wrong."

Mehlman's apology to the NAACP at the group's convention in Milwaukee marked the first time a top Republican Party leader has denounced the so-called Southern Strategy employed by Richard Nixon and other Republicans to peel away white voters in what was then the heavily Democratic South. Beginning in the mid-1960s, Republicans encouraged disaffected Southern white voters to vote Republican by blaming pro-civil rights Democrats for racial unrest and other racial problems.

Republican National Committee Chairman Ken Mehlman

http://usatoday30.us...RM_Exclude=Juno

#48 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 18,314 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:01 AM

Is anybody disputing the strategy? Like jase said this suddenly has become a lead story?
Lol

What about jim crow strategy?
So the reps went after white voters who were umm what? Gren Party members?

Some of ya'll are dumber than a bag of hammers.

#49 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

______CYA_____

• HUDDLER
  • 15,989 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:05 AM

Southern guilt.

#50 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 3,730 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:49 AM

Why it is being discussed? Because the GOP just lost another Presidential election.

The Southern Strategy that sustained the GOP for the last four decades has become a millstone around its political neck.

Minorities are staying away from the GOP in droves and the demographics are clearly showing the situation is only going to get worse.

There is only one choice for the GOP, abandon the Southern Strategy and embrace minorities and women.

Hope you are ready GOP supporters, your party leaders are about to start kissing a lot of minority ass.

It is simple math problem, all the secessionists understand it.

Its time to change or leave the country.

#51 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,098 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:56 AM

kissing a lot of minority ass.

paging mmmbeans

#52 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 18,314 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:43 AM

Why it is being discussed? Because the GOP just lost another Presidential election.

The Southern Strategy that sustained the GOP for the last four decades has become a millstone around its political neck.

Minorities are staying away from the GOP in droves and the demographics are clearly showing the situation is only going to get worse.

There is only one choice for the GOP, abandon the Southern Strategy and embrace minorities and women.

Hope you are ready GOP supporters, your party leaders are about to start kissing a lot of minority ass.

It is simple math problem, all the secessionists understand it.

Its time to change or leave the country.

i have said this like 9 times. the reps are going to have to pander like, gasp, the dems. and yes, the dems pander. they are just better at it.

#53 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 13,998 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:47 AM

paging mmmbeans

wat?

#54 SuperMan

SuperMan

I'm always holding back.

• HUDDLER
  • 2,265 posts
  • LocationRaleigh,NC

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:36 PM

My bet is in the next election when Obama can't run minority turnout will drop precipitously.

#55 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,098 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:25 PM

wat?

Spoiler

#56 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 11,892 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:07 AM

It's telling that treating minorities as equals is considered pandering by the conservative base.

#57 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 18,314 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:52 AM

If the reps aren't being genuine it is.

#58 boostownsme

boostownsme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:13 AM

"States Rights", "Forced Busing", "Integration", "Quotas", "Preferential Treatment" "Separate but Equal"

Some of you may not appreciate the importance of context, but just imagine you are you are growing up in the 60's-70's. The Feds are forcing you to move from your beautiful modern neighborhood school that you walk to everyday and instead you will now be bused across town at oh dark thirty in the morning. All because some Democratic Congress passed a law and it is being enforced by some liberal Federal Judge saying you have to be integrated with those knitters on the wrong side of the tracks in their old dirty underfunded school buildings. In some areas of the deep south they even required national guard troops to come in and enforce those laws. Good times!

Now, if you are a politician and tell everyone you support "States Rights" imagine what kind of a warm welcome you would get in a southern white community. Yes, you only said "States Rights", but those two words mean a whole lot more in the right context. It also means you are against busing, racial quotas, preferential treatment and in many minds... uppity black people's struggle for equality. That is how dog whistles and coded language work. Today, many people don't appreciate why "States Rights" resonates so well within the Republican party. Yes I know what your thinking, "States Rights" was also a popular southern term leading up to the Civil War... hmmm, imagine that!

http://usatoday30.us...RM_Exclude=Juno

http://youtu.be/5Drsv_efwmY

I'm against forced busing/ school redistricting, especially racial quotas, and preferential treatment. How does that make me a racist? I think it's racist to turn down a more qualified white person in favor of a minority just so you can claim diversity in the workforce. I think it's racist to step back and say " This school doesn't have enough black people, so by golly we are gonna bus them from across the county to make this right."

#59 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 17,784 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:00 PM

My bet is in the next election when Obama can't run minority turnout will drop precipitously.

interestingly the numbers from prior elections suggest different. there was about a 4% swing in favor of the democratic candidate among african-american voters from 2004 to 2008. a 4% swing is hardly the landslide of suckered humanity that angry republicans like to suggest when they present this flawed argument, and i'd wager that even if it indicated black people just voting for a black guy, the significantly higher swing of white people voting republican would consist of an equal or higher percentage of whites who voted against obama because he was black (or kenyan or whatever.)

i'm amazed this argument has disseminated with the speed and effectiveness i've seen, but i guess that's the result of echo chambers and no training in research/source methodology

#60 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 3,730 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:59 PM

I'm against forced busing/ school redistricting, especially racial quotas, and preferential treatment. How does that make me a racist? I think it's racist to turn down a more qualified white person in favor of a minority just so you can claim diversity in the workforce. I think it's racist to step back and say " This school doesn't have enough black people, so by golly we are gonna bus them from across the county to make this right."

George Wallace agrees!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.