Photo
- - - - -

Freeman or Newton - ESPN First Take (video)

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,228 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:04 AM

http://espn.go.com/b...n-or-cam-newton

Stephen A. and Herm Edwards take Cam, Skip Bayless of course takes Freeman.

Stephen A. and Herm both basically say Cam is failing because Rivera (and Chud) are failing him.

#2 BigSombrero

BigSombrero

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:31 AM

I would say that is an accurate analysis. I'm not sure if Cam will be better than Free but the fact is his situation sucks.

As I've said before, no young QB is pro ready. They all need guidance to become a successful NFL QB. Rivera is a defensive guy that seems to be somewhat hands off overall as a head coach. I stead of teaching Cam how to be an NFL QB, Chud is basing the offense off of college schemes stalling any progression in Cams game. Shula's record as a QB coach is not that prestigious working with the likes of Gerrard and Fielder. Add in the fact that Cam doesn't really have that veteran guy at the position giving him tips and sharing some veteran knowledge. He's got Andersn and Clausen sitting behind him, neither of which has had any consistent success in the league. And ignoring the receiver position as Carolina has makes passing difficult no matter who is behind center.

Now I'm there should definitely be blame placed on Cam but is situation isn't conducive to a young QB or a veteran QB for that matter.

#3 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,177 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:27 AM

You can make fun of Freeman all you want but he is having a great year.

Freeman has always looked the part IMO but the Bucs quit last year and have traditionally sucked ass.(much like we are now)

Is there a division with stronger QB play than the NFC South? Hard to win here.

#4 nctarheel0619

nctarheel0619

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:59 AM

You can make fun of Freeman all you want but he is having a great year.

Freeman has always looked the part IMO but the Bucs quit last year and have traditionally sucked ass.(much like we are now)

Is there a division with stronger QB play than the NFC South? Hard to win here.

It's funny, you get good receivers and a phenomenal running game and the QB succedds.. Go figure!

#5 KissMyConverse

KissMyConverse

ShoGun of Harlem

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:06 AM

It's funny, you get good receivers and a phenomenal running game and the QB succedds.. Go figure!

That and general good coaching. Our coaches do Cam more harm than good....

Edited* Harm Than Good...

#6 Match.com

Match.com

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:39 AM

I think that we could get better production out of our backs if the oline wasn't so banged up.

#7 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,282 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:43 AM

That and general good coaching. Our coaches do Cam more good than harm....

Good ground game and good WRs.....middle of the road coaching tends to work out.

#8 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,282 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:44 AM

I think that we could get better production out of our backs if the oline wasn't so banged up.

Week 1 - 0 rushing yards from our RBs. Line at 100%

#9 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,574 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:45 AM

I have a lot of respect for Freeman and I especially like how he handles himself. For leadership help I wouldn't mind him looking to Freeman. However, I'd take Cam just because I think his ceiling is a lot higher than Freeman's.

#10 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,535 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:55 AM

Surprised two of three took Newton.

The usual MO for analysts is to go with whomever's team is winning more games (i.e. lazy analysis).

#11 BigSombrero

BigSombrero

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:53 AM

Surprised two of three took Newton.

The usual MO for analysts is to go with whomever's team is winning more games (i.e. lazy analysis).

That clip is a bit misleading. Christian Fauria was also there and took Freeman. So it was split. At the end of the show they took a fan vote and surprisingly Freeman won that as well.

#12 KissMyConverse

KissMyConverse

ShoGun of Harlem

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:01 PM

Good ground game and good WRs.....middle of the road coaching tends to work out.

Ironically funny I meant our coaches do Cam more harm than good...
Surprised that wasn't picked out.

I remember what it was like to have a good rushing game... /sigh

#13 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,463 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:12 PM

The fact that a QB in his 4th season is being compared to another QB in his 2nd season is stupid to begin with.

And lets throw at all the logic-- Like 1 guy just came off of a beyond shitty year (like the whole team), but yet the team stuck with him and in his FOURTH season (yea he gets 4 seasons before we get to diagnose his entire career), they surround him with great talent and coaching and what do you know, we have a QB!!

Listening to this poo will drive you nuts. Quit watching it.

#14 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,282 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:26 PM

The fact that a QB in his 4th season is being compared to another QB in his 2nd season is stupid to begin with.

And lets throw at all the logic-- Like 1 guy just came off of a beyond shitty year (like the whole team), but yet the team stuck with him and in his FOURTH season (yea he gets 4 seasons before we get to diagnose his entire career), they surround him with great talent and coaching and what do you know, we have a QB!!

Listening to this poo will drive you nuts. Quit watching it.

Skip took the stance half way through Cam's rookie year he wouldn't judge him like rookies.....allowed him to hate on him and use The Golden Calf of Bristol comparisons

#15 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 17,793 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:31 PM

It's not even close. Freeman have always been a above average QB. He's a natural passer when you look at him and has the ability to run like a Big Ben. Knows when to run to get another down. Live for another play. He played vs us in his rookie season I believe the 2nd time and showed a lot of talents. You can't take him out of the question just bc the Bucs were overall bad last year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.