Photo
- - - - -

Freeman or Newton - ESPN First Take (video)

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#11 BigSombrero

BigSombrero

NOT NEWB

ROOKIE

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:53 AM

Surprised two of three took Newton.

The usual MO for analysts is to go with whomever's team is winning more games (i.e. lazy analysis).

That clip is a bit misleading. Christian Fauria was also there and took Freeman. So it was split. At the end of the show they took a fan vote and surprisingly Freeman won that as well.

#12 KissMyConverse

KissMyConverse

ShoGun of Harlem

• PipPipPipPip
  • LocationSacramento
HUDDLER

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:01 PM

Good ground game and good WRs.....middle of the road coaching tends to work out.

Ironically funny I meant our coaches do Cam more harm than good...
Surprised that wasn't picked out.

I remember what it was like to have a good rushing game... /sigh

#13 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:12 PM

The fact that a QB in his 4th season is being compared to another QB in his 2nd season is stupid to begin with.

And lets throw at all the logic-- Like 1 guy just came off of a beyond shitty year (like the whole team), but yet the team stuck with him and in his FOURTH season (yea he gets 4 seasons before we get to diagnose his entire career), they surround him with great talent and coaching and what do you know, we have a QB!!

Listening to this poo will drive you nuts. Quit watching it.

#14 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:26 PM

The fact that a QB in his 4th season is being compared to another QB in his 2nd season is stupid to begin with.

And lets throw at all the logic-- Like 1 guy just came off of a beyond shitty year (like the whole team), but yet the team stuck with him and in his FOURTH season (yea he gets 4 seasons before we get to diagnose his entire career), they surround him with great talent and coaching and what do you know, we have a QB!!

Listening to this poo will drive you nuts. Quit watching it.

Skip took the stance half way through Cam's rookie year he wouldn't judge him like rookies.....allowed him to hate on him and use The Golden Calf of Bristol comparisons

#15 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• LocationKurby
HUDDLER

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:31 PM

It's funny, you get good receivers and a phenomenal running game and the QB succedds.. Go figure!

It's not even close. Freeman have always been a above average QB. He's a natural passer when you look at him and has the ability to run like a Big Ben. Knows when to run to get another down. Live for another play. He played vs us in his rookie season I believe the 2nd time and showed a lot of talents. You can't take him out of the question just bc the Bucs were overall bad last year.

#16 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

HUDDLER

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:38 PM

Skip took the stance half way through Cam's rookie year he wouldn't judge him like rookies.....allowed him to hate on him and use The Golden Calf of Bristol comparisons

Shows he isn't as stupid as he is calculated.

#17 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:38 PM

It's not even close. Freeman have always been a above average QB. He's a natural passer when you look at him and has the ability to run like a Big Ben. Knows when to run to get another down. Live for another play. He played vs us in his rookie season I believe the 2nd time and showed a lot of talents. You can't take him out of the question just bc the Bucs were overall bad last year.

1 season in the books as an above average QB

#18 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

HUDDLER

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:04 PM

He wasn't an above average QB last year. They improved the team and coaches and he got better. Not a coincidence.

#19 nctarheel0619

nctarheel0619

HUDDLER

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:25 PM

Cam's got better accuracy then Freeman in my personal opinion. He's got more skills as well. But, like the video says..............coaching isn't there.

#20 nctarheel0619

nctarheel0619

HUDDLER

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:26 PM

I'm starting to think maybe Chip Kelly would be a good hire for this team.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users