#211 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,313 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:50 AM

Fraud?

USC was #1 to start the year, pahahahaha!

How'd that go?

It went about the way I would have expected had I known the O-Line was going to be as bad as it was....

#212 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 9,192 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:51 AM

Scheduling an FCS at the beginning of the season, and one a week before the regular season ends are two COMPLETELY different scenarios. I'm not even sure how that's arguable.....

Oh I get it...

It's OK to schedule FCS teams to practice and warm up for the season but not OK to schedule them to rest up for the end of the season.

Pac-12 logic

#213 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,313 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:51 AM

Oregon's non-conference schedule this year:

Arkansas State
Fresno State
Tennessee Tech...

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL....

When did I say the Ducks had a good OOC schedule. I've said they're as bad as an SEC team for years....

#214 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,313 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:52 AM

Oh I get it...

It's OK to schedule FCS teams to practice and warm up for the season but not OK to schedule them to rest up for the end of the season.

Pac-12 logic

You're right, you should get a rest up and get right game before your rival. It's only fair since it will be such a tough game. Complete BS logic is more like it. Scheduling FCS at the end of the season is beyond laughable. You know what a novel concept is, play nine fuging conference games. Oh wait, that would mean one less FCS, nope can't have that....

#215 TonyN

TonyN

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 614 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:54 AM

Scheduling an FCS at the beginning of the season, and one a week before the regular season ends are two COMPLETELY different scenarios. I'm not even sure how that's arguable.....

arkansas state
fresno state
tennessee tech

that is Oregon's non confernce slate for 2012

does not matter when you schedule your cupcakes....

as a matter of fact, most coaches would RATHER have their cupcakes early....because teams are

usually more prone to upsets before the "gell" into regulare season form...

Anyway, the beauty of tonight is that "genius" Chip Kelly is crying again tonight...

He is the biggest Egomaniac since Mike Martz...

#216 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 9,192 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:57 AM

You're right, you should get a rest up and get right game before your rival. It's only fair since it will be such a tough game. Complete BS logic is more like it. Scheduling FCS at the end of the season is beyond laughable. You know what a novel concept is, play nine fuging conference games. Oh wait, that would mean one less FCS, nope can't have that....

This just in.

Pac-12 homer puts forth legislation that it's OK to schedule FCS teams. You just have to schedule them for your first or second game.

This new law, based off who knows what, will be instantiated immediately.

#217 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,313 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:57 AM

arkansas state
fresno state
tennessee tech

that is Oregon's non confernce slate for 2012

does not matter when you schedule your cupcakes....

as a matter of fact, most coaches would RATHER have their cupcakes early....because teams are usually more prone to upsets before the "gell" into regulare season form

Of course it matters where you schedule them. When your team is clicking on all cylinders with one week to go in the season there is no excuse for scheduling such an inferior opponent. Like I said, play a real conference schedule with nine games and lose that one FCS and the vast majority (including me) would have no problem with the SEC....

#218 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

Sell it, Jerry

• HUDDLER
  • 9,445 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:58 AM

Again, it is absolutely disgraceful and makes a mockery of college football that the SEC continues to schedule FCS opponents before "rivalry week"....

At least they've played a killer Championship game for years now, unlike some other conferences.

#219 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,313 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:59 AM

This just in.

Pac-12 homer puts forth legislation that it's OK to schedule FCS teams. You just have to schedule them for your first or second game.

This new law, based off who knows what, will be instantiated immediately.

This just in, it's an embarrassment to college football to have top 10 teams play FCS opponents this late in the season. Even the ESPN announcers were having a hard time praising the teams today....

#220 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,313 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:00 AM

At least they've played a killer Championship game for years now, unlike some other conferences.

I don't disagree with this. I was hoping the Pac-12 would have added two more teams and a CCG years ago....

#221 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 9,192 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:00 AM

This just in, it's an embarrassment to college football to have top 10 teams play FCS opponents this late in the season. Even the ESPN announcers were having a hard time praising the teams today....

I'm sure that's the goal.

Please announcers and west coast crazies.

#222 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,313 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:02 AM

Alright I'm done. I can't argue with asinine, and defending scheduling FCS opponents in week 12 of the season is completely asinine.....

#223 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 9,192 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:02 AM

Oregon did come out with some sick uniforms.

Should use those instead of the girly ones they normally come out with.

#224 BigSombrero

BigSombrero

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:03 AM

I agree with the overall premise that SEC has the best teams in the nation as a group but your point here is very good. They shouldn't be playing FCS teams this late. Doesn't mean it isn't the best conference but it is ridiculous.

#225 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 9,192 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:04 AM

Alright I'm done. I can't argue with asinine, and defending scheduling FCS opponents in week 12 of the season is completely asinine.....

Can't argue with results you mean.

Check the stats and the W - L column.

Championships,
Bowl wins.

Not looking for validation from you homie. LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com