Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthers Bar in NYC?

62 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I dont think there is a Panthers bar in Charlotte

Wrong. You need to get out more then. I had 2200 Panthers fans in my place this past Sunday

Posted · Report post

I, unfortunately, have to be in South Jersey/Philly this weekend. Anyone live in that area want to watch the game? I'm either going to be at PJ's in Haddonfield or Chicky and Pete's in Philly.

Posted · Report post

If you're looking for a designated Panthers bar, then no, there isn't one. I closest thing I've found is Brother Jimmy's on E77th and 2nd. There's always some Panthers fans in there on game day.

Edit: I should mention that Brother Jimmys is an NC bbq bar/restaurant with lots of UNC, NC State and Duke signage up. And Cheerwine...not that you'll be drinking soda.

I will be in NYC also this weekend and have been scouting via internet for 2 weeks.

Is this place any good?

http://www.theirishpubnyc.com/

If not, I might head down to Snaps.  Staying in Midtown, so might want to get one as close as possible.

Any help is appreciated

Posted · Report post

There are about 5-6 panther fans that meet at American Whiskey, a bar near Penn Station in Chelsea. It is relatively brand new, meaning that it hasn't developed a big crowd yet on Sundays. Therefore, since our group goes there each weekend they give us a spot in the back and will actually put on the game audio for us too.

http://www.americanwhiskeynyc.com/

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

There are about 5-6 panther fans that meet at American Whiskey, a bar near Penn Station in Chelsea. It is relatively brand new, meaning that it hasn't developed a big crowd yet on Sundays. Therefore, since our group goes there each weekend they give us a spot in the back and will actually put on the game audio for us too.

Unrelated but I met this young Aussie couple that traveled all the way from Sydney to watch the Panthers beat the Falcan'ts!Good thing the Panthers won,that would be a very looooooong trip back if they lost!

Posted · Report post

Welcome to NYC (or LA for that matter).

I would kill for $2 or $3 beers on game day. I'm lucky if I get a Fat Tire draft for under $7.

My usual place in So Cal has pitchers of any IPA or draft beer for 10 bucks.

Posted · Report post

Hm, not far away at all from me (I live on 22nd and 8th ave).  I bought the Madden Sunday Ticket deal so lately I've been hooking up my iPad to my TV and watching the Panthers games that way (don't have to pay out the nose for shitty beer that way either), but I might check this out in the next few weeks.

Posted · Report post

I can tell the people that have never been to NYC in here. People pay 4 dollars for cheap bottle water there so 5 for a beer is a good price. On that note if you think that's bad go to Belgium, where you will pay more too piss the beer out than you paid to drink it.

Posted · Report post

there is 100% no panthers bar in nyc.  at best you will find 10 panthers fans at a given location.  bro jims on 77th has the highest consistent density of panthers fans.  my group has been going to tribeca tap house this season.  its certainly not cheap, so if you are looking to pay less than $7 a beer, its not the place for you.  but its a good crowd and not a total dive.  

you will need to a reserve a table before going to any decent location.  make sure to tell them what game you want to watch.  this week should be easy since we have a mid-day game.  

Posted · Report post

I will be in NYC also this weekend and have been scouting via internet for 2 weeks.

Is this place any good?

http://www.theirishpubnyc.com/

If not, I might head down to Snaps.  Staying in Midtown, so might want to get one as close as possible.

Any help is appreciated

I live in the upper west side... Bring beer and you are welcome to watch the game with my wife and I... Die hard Panthers fans from California and now living in NYC

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Hm, not far away at all from me (I live on 22nd and 8th ave).  I bought the Madden Sunday Ticket deal so lately I've been hooking up my iPad to my TV and watching the Panthers games that way (don't have to pay out the nose for shitty beer that way either), but I might check this out in the next few weeks.

How are you able to get your iPad to stream it to your TV? I have the same Madden Sunday Ticket deal, but airplay from iPad to my AppleTv only streams the audio but not video...? I usually have to have it streaming from my Mac to the AppleTv.. This works, but it would be convenient to have either option.. 

Posted · Report post

The game will be on FOX this week.