Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

B1G expansion?

19 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Reports coming out today that Maryland and Rutgers are in talks with the Big 10

Posted · Report post

The ACC without Maryland? Booo...there goes countless easy wins for the rest of the conference.

Posted · Report post

http://www.washingto...b501_story.html

Here’s what the Big Ten will offer: First, and foremost, lots more money. The Big Ten TV package is already worth far more than the ACC TV package, and it is going to soar even more in 2017 when its primary rights are up for bid again. The ACC just locked into a long-term deal with ESPN that is lucrative but won’t be up again until 2027. That means the potential for growth is far greater in the Big Ten.

Posted · Report post

Terps are gone.

Posted · Report post

Rutgers will follow tomorrow.

Posted · Report post

Oh Noes.

Posted · Report post

Rutgers will follow tomorrow.

Then Uconn taking Marylands place in the ACC.

Posted · Report post

Upgrade if Uconn joins. Don't think anyone will legitimately miss Maryland lol.

Posted · Report post

Then Uconn taking Marylands place in the ACC.

Apparently the ACC is considering UConn, Louisville, Cinci, and South Florida.

Wonder if the ACC will just go ahead and jump to 16.

Could be more movement on the horizon. If MD is getting out without paying the $50 million, that opens the door for FSU, Clemson, and VT to do the same.

The next few days/weeks could get interesting.

At a minimum, UConn or Louisville will be invited to the ACC and ECU will likely be invited to the BE.

If Louisville and Cinci manage to escape the BE too, I fully expect Boise State and San Diego State to say fug it and go back to the MWC because the BE TV contract will not be worth torpedoing their other sports programs in the Big West.

If all that happens, that may open the door for Charlotte and maybe Old Dominion to join the Big East with ECU.

No matter what happens, the Big East's status as an upper-echelon conference will be gone.

Posted · Report post

Apparently the ACC is considering UConn, Louisville, Cinci, and South Florida.

Wonder if the ACC will just go ahead and jump to 16.

Could be more movement on the horizon. If MD is getting out without paying the $50 million, that opens the door for FSU, Clemson, and VT to do the same.

The next few days/weeks could get interesting.

O think the next few weeks & Years will be very quiet non-interesting... just a new ACC team and Big East Team/s

At a minimum, UConn or Louisville will be invited to the ACC and ECU will likely be invited to the BE.

If Louisville and Cinci manage to escape the BE too, I fully expect Boise State and San Diego State to say fug it and go back to the MWC because the BE TV contract will not be worth torpedoing their other sports programs in the Big West.

If all that happens, that may open the door for Charlotte and maybe Old Dominion to join the Big East with ECU.

No matter what happens, the Big East's status as an upper-echelon conference will be gone.

Their status is already gone as they share an auto berth with the other mid major conference in football for 1 automatic qualifies into the new bowl series.

Posted · Report post

As a Maryland alum, I am super excited. Now we will be able to attract some big football talent instead of watching the top Maryland propsects get snatched up year after year by VT and Penn State, leaving us to sift through the three-star leftovers. The last star QB we had couldn't jump ship for the B1G fast enough! Plus now I get to watch my team play my Mom's Alma Mater in Michigan State! Hopefully that will be a fun family tradition for years to come.

In basketball, I'm a little bummed that this will bring an end to the Duke/Maryland rivalry, but it was really one-sided. Duke is much more concerned with the UNC rivalry, and Maryland Basketball has been garbage for the last decade anyway.

Posted · Report post

Now we will be able to attract some big football talent

Does this actually happen? Not calling you out or anything I just hear this argument every time a team leaves a conference, but I dont actually know of a team that made a big jump in recruiting and winning after moving to a new conference.

• Latest Articles

• Recent Comments