Photo
- - - - -

we are now the hornets! (espn thinks so...)

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 pantherdad

pantherdad

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:55 PM

Mike Conley scores 20 as Grizzlies down Hornets for 8th straight win Associated Press

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Mike Conley scored 20 points and the Memphis Grizzlies beat the Charlotte Bobcats 94-87 on Saturday night for their eighth consecutive victory.

Zach Randolph added 18 points and 12 rebounds, and three other players scored in double figures for the Grizzlies, who own the NBA's best record at 8-1. Rudy Gay had 16 points and Marc Gasol and Tony Allen scored 12 apiece.

Memphis led by as many as 17 points in the fourth quarter.

Byron Mullens scored 18 points and Kemba Walker added 17 for the Bobcats, who cut the Grizzlies' lead to five points three times in the final period, the last at 92-87 on Bismack Biyombo's dunk with 13 seconds remaining.

Charlotte had won three straight.

#2 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,603 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:18 PM

That's funny. Maybe its a sign.

#3 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:51 AM

I like our identity, logo, colors.
I can live being the Bobcats for the first time

#4 Sapper

Sapper

Healthy Scratch

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,014 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:41 AM

We could be the team that every fan cheers for due to the product on the court and not the jerseys we wear, or the name we sport.

#5 ckad79

ckad79

Enjoy yourself, it's later than you think.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 830 posts
  • LocationRichmond, VA

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:26 PM

I would rather win a championship and be called the Charlotte Ponderosa Pines than have a better sounding name and never win anything. A name means absolutely nothing. Then again, if I COULD win and still have a name I like, why not?

I see no harm in changing the team's name to something that means Charlotte. The Hornets name has history, to the city. The name Bobcats name was due to an issue the previous owner had with his own ego. Nobody except Bob Johnson and his son ever liked the darn thing.

If it doesn't happen and the team remains the Bobcats, I won't loose any sleep.

Still, there are more people who would love to see the Hornets brand return than people who could give a fuging poo if the Bobcats brand left.

#6 pantherdad

pantherdad

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 09:45 PM

I could care less anyway....just pointing out a espn flop....they are winning, thats what's most important

#7 JGib23

JGib23

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 10:11 PM

Even the people that want the Hornets name (like me) would rather win... But, the great thing is that changing the name won't stop them from winning.

#8 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 11,233 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:51 PM

@BringBackTheBuz

GUYS ITS OFFICIAL! Benson's wife announce tonight this is the LAST YEAR of the New Orleans Hornets!New name will be announced @ end of season

#9 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,714 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:10 PM

The New Orleans team's new colors are Navy, Gold and Red = ugly, perhaps the ugliest uniforms in the NBA.

#10 bLACKpANTHER

bLACKpANTHER

º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º

• HUDDLER
  • 3,112 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:20 PM

@BringBackTheBuz
GUYS ITS OFFICIAL! Benson's wife announce tonight this is the LAST YEAR of the New Orleans Hornets!New name will be announced @ end of season

i think MJ would be foolish not to go after the name now.. with all the fans writing petitions for it and such.. especially now that the team is coming together and exciting and winning.. we need to rid ourselves of the "Laughing stock Bobcats" aura..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users