• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,190 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:09 PM

Anyone else find the comments from the announcers during the game troubling? They said when they asked Smitty how much longer he was going to play and he said something like "If you asked me after the game Sunday, I would've told you I just played my last one."

Yet another reason this staff has to go... If we got a legit coaching staff in here, Smitty still has a good two to three years left. I don't want him to walk away empty handed and losing like this is taking its toll on all of our players.

#2 mcdougal

mcdougal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:13 PM

Anyone else find the comments from the announcers during the game troubling? They said when they asked Smitty how much longer he was going to play and he said something like "If you asked me after the game Sunday, I would've told you I just played my last one."

Yet another reason this staff has to go... If we got a legit coaching staff in here, Smitty still has a good two to three years left. I don't want him to walk away empty handed and losing like this is taking its toll on all of our players.

Considering Smith's push off help lead to a missed FG... He needs to be quiet.

#3 Lakelover

Lakelover

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:14 PM

He's just a mediocre receiver now. His best days are way way behind him.

#4 Match.com

Match.com

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:16 PM

wow, smitty can't leave moral would hit recession low's....ohhh noooo....we are screw'd

#5 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,528 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:17 PM

Considering Smith's push off help lead to a missed FG... He needs to be quiet.

Just stop... considering Martin was well over the goal line when he fumbled it didn't really matter, while you're talking out your a$$.

#6 SpeedOFLight

SpeedOFLight

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
  • LocationGreensboro NC

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:18 PM

Um, The db was actually holding Smitty on that "push off". Plus what about the roughing the passer call that should have been called on that play? IF we didn't have smith, I highly doubt we would have won any games. He may not show up big in the box score these days, but he makes key blocks and the defense has to look out for him.

#7 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,086 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

i love smitty, but i don't care about not sending him away empty-handed or whatever. not if it means sacrificing anything for the team as a whole.

i'd love to see steve stick around he's the greatest panther of all time. but he no longer has the clout to be dictating things the way he does (or tries to.) he can't back his talk up with elite play anymore.

#8 Match.com

Match.com

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

A WHOLE PIE!

He's just a mediocre receiver now. His best days are way way behind him.

Go dig a hole in your backyard and line it with plastic and let your neighbor piss in it and then drown yourself in it!

#9 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 15,190 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:20 PM

Um, The db was actually holding Smitty on that "push off". Plus what about the roughing the passer call that should have been called on that play? IF we didn't have smith, I highly doubt we would have won any games. He may not show up big in the box score these days, but he makes key blocks and the defense has to look out for him.

I kept saying that was a horrible call. The DB basically ran completely into Smitty and never looked for the ball. You aren't supposed to be able to interfere with a receiver's route unless you are making a play on the ball. But, I just chalk it up to one of many horrible calls throughout the day.

#10 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,967 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:20 PM

Smitty talks too much....

But his PI was smart. He had to get to the ball. PI isn't always bad. Sometimes it is better to take a penalty than risk the TO

#11 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 15,190 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:25 PM

i love smitty, but i don't care about not sending him away empty-handed or whatever. not if it means sacrificing anything for the team as a whole.

i'd love to see steve stick around he's the greatest panther of all time. but he no longer has the clout to be dictating things the way he does (or tries to.) he can't back his talk up with elite play anymore.

Yeah, I don't like all the manipulative stuff, but I'm saying he is still a good WR when given the opportunities. Is he likely to turn a 5 yard comeback route to a 75 yard TD like he used to? Probably not. But, he's still really good. I'm saying if we got a coaching staff in here that could utilize him while he's still at this level, plus LaFell, Gettis (whom Rivera clearly has a beef with), and our RBs, we could win consistently and have a chance at winning it all.

And for all he has done for our team over the years, I would just prefer he go out on a positive note.

#12 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 7,025 posts

I like Smith a lot... but he can just go ahead and retire.... I mean honestly we dont really throw the ball like we should anyways we have no identity we are just wasting him

#13 Lakelover

Lakelover

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Go dig a hole in your backyard and line it with plastic and let your neighbor piss in it and then drown yourself in it!

Seems like a lot of work just to voice an opinion.

It's a dog eat dog league...and Smith is about to be eaten. Fortunately his number 89 will be seen in the stadium a long time in remembrance of his best years. Too bad all great things have to come to an end.

#14 SCMunnerlyn1

SCMunnerlyn1

The Fuhckening has begun

• HUDDLER
  • 5,389 posts
  • LocationValdosta Georgia

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:26 PM

lol at Steve being mediocre.. gtfo

#15 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole