Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

For the future of the team.. Im glad we lost.

42 posts in this topic

Posted

If you want Rivera gone than you should be happy we lost plain and simple.

I don't see Rivera as a quality coach. We have regressed, team commits a ton of dumb penalties, doesnt seem to motivate players. The only thing worth a darn is our defense and even that falls apart late every game.

I like to think about the long run and the bigger implications than one or two meaningless games during the regular season that if won could set us back for years.

Not to mention improving our draft position.

Posted

KC and the Jags get a QB this coming draft.

Posted

Manti teo or A WR for the first round.

Posted

hate this mentality

Posted

I just don't see how we will get to three wins.

We can beat Philly and KC and the Chargers can be beat as well

Posted

This has been a really horrible season for us. Who would have thought after 6 wins last year and getting some guys back, we would be sitting at 2-8 currently?

Well, im not giving up hope on this team for the future. I still think we can get to 5-11, or 6-10 again but no matter what, we need to sure up the OL this offseason. We do that, our run game will return, Cam will get time and our offense will look much improved.

Posted

I believe at this point, Rivera is toast regardless if we string along 3 to 5 more wins to end the season. Personally, I see nothing wrong with the OP's reasoning...I would still like for us to win 4 more games though...

Posted

We can beat Philly and KC and the Chargers can be beat as well

just like all the other teams we've led can be beat. don't count your chickens before they've hatched.

At this point, I think Rivera has what it takes to lose a 3 td lead.

Posted

losing is never good for a team...unless you are trying to create a losing culture or keep a team a bunch of losers.

no one wants to coach a losing team.

no one wants to play for a losing team.

no one wants to see a losing team.

2 people like this

Posted

The sad news is that we'll probably beat Philly, Oakland and KC and Rivera will try to spin that as "trending upwards". LOL

Last year, we were "trending upwards" by taking out the trash with wins over Tampa (2x) and Indy.

Time for Rivera to go.

Posted

losing is never good for a team...unless you are trying to create a losing culture or keep a team a bunch of losers.

no one wants to coach a losing team.

no one wants to play for a losing team.

no one wants to see a losing team.

Agreed, I will never view losing as a good thing... it's not.

Posted

This is a bad year for offensive linemen and wrs. The best we could come out of this years draft would be taking Star from utah at dt. I m really not sold on Luke Joeckel.The fact that he wears knee braces already worries me. To bad we didnt choose to take a linebacker this year jarvis jones looks like the second coming of von miller. He and teo are head and shoulders better than luke. Dont get me wrong luke is solid and has a good nose for the ball,but his coverage skills and ablity to hold up at the point of attack worry me. to many times i see him getting washed out of the play once locked on to and he has no skills as a pass rusher.