Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zod

Cam improved today.

129 posts in this topic

Jake Delhomme had a better team around him. Cam is better than Jake at this point. QB isn't our problem at all. I'd get Godfrey some very good help back there and upgrade the Oline and DT depth and talent. There is nothing that is all of a sudden wrong with #34 or #28. I do think that #69 isn't living up to the hype, far from a pro bowl year. I think he would agree.

I'm happy with #24 and #22 at the moment but a certain weakness in our secondary is being dialed up at crunch time and exploited. I really like how this defense is playing aside from the obvious weakness in the secondary.

I'm a Kuechly fan. This defense plays much better with him on the field. The D line is a big surprise.

1 person likes this

Jake Delhomme had a better team around him.

maybe...but the biggest difference between this team and anything jake delhomme played with is delhomme's ability to lead and motivate the guys around him.

not taking anything away from newton's athleticism, but i don't believe this team would be 2-8 with delhomme's leadership (pre meltdown skillset of course).

1 person likes this

can't believe that we are comparing Jake to Cam. There's no contest. How much read option was Jake forced to run? Honestly - no coach Jake had was ever as bottom of the barrel as Rivera.

maybe...but the biggest difference between this team and anything jake delhomme played with is delhomme's ability to lead and motivate the guys around him.

not taking anything away from newton's athleticism, but i don't believe this team would be 2-8 with delhomme's leadership (pre meltdown skillset of course).

The coach should be the leader. The coaches should be putting their players in position to win. Cam has played well enough to win most games. Some people will never like Cam, I get it, but I'd take Cam over Jake all day. When your team can't run block or pass protect you can't win.

Special teams is still suffering from the curse of Scott O'Brien. " Never shall ye special teams be special agaaaaaaaiiin!!!"

He'll be great when he gets good coaches.

This. If anything I'm worried about his confidence right now.

you know we've reached rock bottom when "well jake would do this" is a topic of discussion

i think these coaches could lose with anybody

1 person likes this

His footwork still sucks, he's not turning his shoulders and stepping into throws and that's part of why he's so inaccurate this season. I hope he looks up George Whitfield again this offseason.

1 person likes this

His footwork still sucks, he's not turning his shoulders and stepping into throws and that's part of why he's so inaccurate this season. I hope he looks up George Whitfield again this offseason.

his mechanics can still be a mess, i agree.

he seems like he's receptive to coaching though. problem is we don't have a lot of that going on in carolina unfortunately.