Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cam improved today.

129 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

[quote name='King Klong' timestamp='1353283524' post='2006721']
He'll be great when he gets good coaches.
[/quote]This. If anything I'm worried about his confidence right now.

Posted · Report post

you know we've reached rock bottom when "well jake would do this" is a topic of discussion

i think these coaches could lose with anybody
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

His footwork still sucks, he's not turning his shoulders and stepping into throws and that's part of why he's so inaccurate this season. I hope he looks up George Whitfield again this offseason.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Jackofalltrades' timestamp='1353300684' post='2007428']
His footwork still sucks, he's not turning his shoulders and stepping into throws and that's part of why he's so inaccurate this season. I hope he looks up George Whitfield again this offseason.
[/quote]

his mechanics can still be a mess, i agree.

he seems like he's receptive to coaching though. problem is we don't have a lot of that going on in carolina unfortunately.

Posted · Report post

[/quote]

I've been thinking about this. Someone needs to ask George on twitter if he is going to work with Cam again. I really hope he does.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='joemac' timestamp='1353283523' post='2006720']
He played decent....but im starting to worry about his accuracy, long term. He played well enough to win though.
[/quote]

poo, man, you're just starting to worry about his accuracy? That's the main reason I have to take Cam with a grain of salt these days.

Accuracy is SuperCam's Kryptonite.

Posted · Report post

[/quote]

He won't get better Footwork in a read option, shotgun 80%, and bad Oline offense. You get better footwork from being under center.

Posted · Report post

I was just thinking that I wish Jake and Fox were here right now. Cam has yet to lead us to a comeback drive in the 4th, Cam has yet to cuss out an Olineman when they all don't block for him. I watch other games and say "Cam can't make that throw". Cam and Mark Sanchez are on the same level. I really hate this offense and don't beleive in its players, who dont believe in their QB....and they shouldn't

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Swaggasaurus' timestamp='1353313548' post='2007596']
I was just thinking that I wish Jake and Fox were here right now. [b]Cam has yet to lead us to a comeback drive in the 4th[/b], Cam has yet to cuss out an Olineman when they all don't block for him. I watch other games and say "Cam can't make that throw". Cam and Mark Sanchez are on the same level. I really hate this offense and don't beleive in its players, who dont believe in their QB....and they shouldn't
[/quote]

This statement couldn't be any further from the truth. Cam has lead us to several 4th qtr comeback drives i.e. Falcons, Cowboys, and the Bears game, but our defense ended up giving the lead right back.

Posted · Report post

I'm yet to see a QB really make improvements into their accuracy. There will be offensive schemes that will make completing passes easier, but consistent accuracy is very hard to improve. In such a dynamic sport it's very difficult to coach in fundamentals at this point in his career so I wouldn't expect newtons accuracy to improve by leaps and bounds over his career.

One thing I liked today was the ball was coming out quicker and he was much faster at deciding to tuck the ball and run. This helped our Oline out massively. Still same very high risk throws, but I guess we will have to live with them with the cam crud combination at the mo. definite improvement.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Swaggasaurus' timestamp='1353313548' post='2007596']
I was just thinking that I wish Jake and Fox were here right now. Cam has yet to lead us to a comeback drive in the 4th, Cam has yet to cuss out an Olineman when they all don't block for him. I watch other games and say "Cam can't make that throw". Cam and Mark Sanchez are on the same level. I really hate this offense and don't beleive in its players, who dont believe in their QB....and they shouldn't
[/quote]
Jags game last year

Posted · Report post

[quote name='koolkatluke' timestamp='1353311840' post='2007589']

He won't get better Footwork in a read option, shotgun 80%, and bad Oline offense. You get better footwork from being under center.
[/quote]

I'm talking about the most basic of fundamentals, where he had time, clean pocket and just made a bad throw due to poor mechanics. Of course the other stuff is a factor, but I'm talking about just Cam and what he can control.