• This topic is locked This topic is locked
128 replies to this topic

#16 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,672 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:30 PM

Today's performance would've been the average performance for Cam in 2012 had our coaches came in ready to coach professional football this year. Again, he excelled from under center, yet, Chud only has him there about 20% of the time. I'm happy for Cam as far as today goes, but I'm also angry for him being stuck with such inept coaches that have held him back this year.

#17 Keep Pounding

Keep Pounding

Smith & Wesson 460

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,750 posts
  • LocationIn your backyard!!!!

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:38 PM

I like how Cam was on the Sidelines encouraging the Oline. Also I like how Cam wasnt on the bench, he was on the sideline cheering for the DEF to get a stop...

#18 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,389 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:08 PM

Still on the fence with him as of now, but I have no complaints on his performance today. He did his part. Jon Gruden would transform this beast named Cameron Jerrell Newton.

What QB has Gruden ever developed?

#19 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,202 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:11 PM

I'm worried about Cam throwing the out route. He showed some nice accuracy in the middle of the field today, but his angles to the sidelines are very scary for the most part. Some great catches by WR have helped (Murphy today, for example).

#20 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,807 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:12 PM

Still on the fence with him as of now, but I have no complaints on his performance today. He did his part. Jon Gruden would transform this beast named Cameron Jerrell Newton.

Gruden was terrible at developing QBs

#21 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• HUDDLER
  • 6,503 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:39 PM

Chris Weinke for QB coach in 2013.

#22 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • 5,035 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 08:43 PM

Gruden was terrible at developing QBs

gruden made no attempt to develop QBs.

he's old school like john fox.

give them a run game and a defense, fug a qb.

#23 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,911 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:09 PM

I'm worried about Cam throwing the out route. He showed some nice accuracy in the middle of the field today, but his angles to the sidelines are very scary for the most part. Some great catches by WR have helped (Murphy today, for example).

I think the sideline routes are predictable....he is throwing lasers yet they continuously are jumped almost by the CBs. I think that is Chud's counter for his deep routes not developing. defenses know the deep stuff hasn't been developing as of let bc of the OL....now they are jumping the comebacks

#24 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • 5,035 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:13 PM

I liked him throwing the ball away instead of trying to force something that could have been an INT.

this more than anything...he was much more decisive than usual.

he did a lot less standing in the pocket like a deer in headlights waiting for everyone else to make something happen. he made things happen himself.

#25 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

shitpost around the clock

• HUDDLER
  • 9,331 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:14 PM

What QB has Gruden ever developed?

that's not the first time i've seen that brought up. he usually just brought a bunch of shitcan journeymen and washed up vets to camp and let whatever happened happen.

i guess people think the way he acts on monday night football is what you get dealing with him in a football environment (multiple corroborating accounts say it's not).

#26 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 6,943 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:15 PM

He just has such a gun. He throws a pro ball that just has big leagues written all over it. It's the type of gun blast rocket throw that you pay the big $ to see.

Just hope this guy is around for a long time to come. I know if we're patient with him he will win big games here.

#27 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

shitpost around the clock

• HUDDLER
  • 9,331 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:17 PM

newton is an uncut diamond. he has almost no ceiling and a work ethic that will take anything you throw at him. chud and rivera have just tried to polish him with low grit sandpaper and turtle wax.

#28 yasuhara2241

yasuhara2241

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:40 PM

Loved what I saw from Cam today. He struggled the first half and didn't get down at all. He went to the bench and looked over the plays with the coach and then stood up and watched the D play. I usually see him look at the plays and then stay by himself but this time he was interacting more with teammates. He was encouraging oline and after the lafell td he was trying to pump up the defense.

He still needs to work on his accuracy but overall I am pleased with the progress he made. I still would prefer less of that crap read option. We put our offense in a terrible situation and always second or third and long.

#29 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 14,910 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:27 PM

Now he just needs to overcome his coaching!

Seriously, the kid looked great today - made some really nice throws in bad conditions - the wind was swirling in that stadium. Very decisive and I also noticed him pumping up his teammates on the sideline.

With the right coaching and time, the sky is the limit.

#30 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,328 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:29 PM

He started off looking rough, but he held in there and settled down.

One of the better games of the year for him, hopefully something to build on.

He also pep talked his OLine when we went up 21 10. And tried to fire up the D in the 4th

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.