128 replies to this topic

#31 rippadonn

rippadonn

Since 2006

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:31 PM

Jake Delhomme had a better team around him. Cam is better than Jake at this point. QB isn't our problem at all. I'd get Godfrey some very good help back there and upgrade the Oline and DT depth and talent. There is nothing that is all of a sudden wrong with #34 or #28. I do think that #69 isn't living up to the hype, far from a pro bowl year. I think he would agree.

I'm happy with #24 and #22 at the moment but a certain weakness in our secondary is being dialed up at crunch time and exploited. I really like how this defense is playing aside from the obvious weakness in the secondary.

I'm a Kuechly fan. This defense plays much better with him on the field. The D line is a big surprise.

#32 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,643 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:42 PM

Jake Delhomme had a better team around him.

maybe...but the biggest difference between this team and anything jake delhomme played with is delhomme's ability to lead and motivate the guys around him.

not taking anything away from newton's athleticism, but i don't believe this team would be 2-8 with delhomme's leadership (pre meltdown skillset of course).

#33 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,191 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:15 PM

can't believe that we are comparing Jake to Cam. There's no contest. How much read option was Jake forced to run? Honestly - no coach Jake had was ever as bottom of the barrel as Rivera.

#34 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 10,186 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:23 PM

Cam was the best Panther today

#35 rippadonn

rippadonn

Since 2006

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:25 PM

maybe...but the biggest difference between this team and anything jake delhomme played with is delhomme's ability to lead and motivate the guys around him.

not taking anything away from newton's athleticism, but i don't believe this team would be 2-8 with delhomme's leadership (pre meltdown skillset of course).

The coach should be the leader. The coaches should be putting their players in position to win. Cam has played well enough to win most games. Some people will never like Cam, I get it, but I'd take Cam over Jake all day. When your team can't run block or pass protect you can't win.

#36 rippadonn

rippadonn

Since 2006

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:31 PM

Special teams is still suffering from the curse of Scott O'Brien. " Never shall ye special teams be special agaaaaaaaiiin!!!"

#37 CardiacCats

CardiacCats

• HUDDLER
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:41 PM

He'll be great when he gets good coaches.

This. If anything I'm worried about his confidence right now.

#38 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

We dominated time of possession though!

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,968 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:47 PM

you know we've reached rock bottom when "well jake would do this" is a topic of discussion

i think these coaches could lose with anybody

#39 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,998 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:51 PM

His footwork still sucks, he's not turning his shoulders and stepping into throws and that's part of why he's so inaccurate this season. I hope he looks up George Whitfield again this offseason.

#40 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

We dominated time of possession though!

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,968 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:53 PM

His footwork still sucks, he's not turning his shoulders and stepping into throws and that's part of why he's so inaccurate this season. I hope he looks up George Whitfield again this offseason.

his mechanics can still be a mess, i agree.

he seems like he's receptive to coaching though. problem is we don't have a lot of that going on in carolina unfortunately.

#41 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 7,191 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:55 PM

I've been thinking about this. Someone needs to ask George on twitter if he is going to work with Cam again. I really hope he does.

#42 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,732 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:42 AM

He played decent....but im starting to worry about his accuracy, long term. He played well enough to win though.

poo, man, you're just starting to worry about his accuracy? That's the main reason I have to take Cam with a grain of salt these days.

Accuracy is SuperCam's Kryptonite.

#43 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:57 AM

He won't get better Footwork in a read option, shotgun 80%, and bad Oline offense. You get better footwork from being under center.

#44 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:25 AM

I was just thinking that I wish Jake and Fox were here right now. Cam has yet to lead us to a comeback drive in the 4th, Cam has yet to cuss out an Olineman when they all don't block for him. I watch other games and say "Cam can't make that throw". Cam and Mark Sanchez are on the same level. I really hate this offense and don't beleive in its players, who dont believe in their QB....and they shouldn't

#45 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,718 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:43 AM

I was just thinking that I wish Jake and Fox were here right now. Cam has yet to lead us to a comeback drive in the 4th, Cam has yet to cuss out an Olineman when they all don't block for him. I watch other games and say "Cam can't make that throw". Cam and Mark Sanchez are on the same level. I really hate this offense and don't beleive in its players, who dont believe in their QB....and they shouldn't

This statement couldn't be any further from the truth. Cam has lead us to several 4th qtr comeback drives i.e. Falcons, Cowboys, and the Bears game, but our defense ended up giving the lead right back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com