Photo
- - - - -

Cam improved today.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
128 replies to this topic

#25 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

so this site thinks jerry jones is a good owner now i guess

SUPPORTER

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:14 PM

What QB has Gruden ever developed?

that's not the first time i've seen that brought up. he usually just brought a bunch of shitcan journeymen and washed up vets to camp and let whatever happened happen.

i guess people think the way he acts on monday night football is what you get dealing with him in a football environment (multiple corroborating accounts say it's not).

#26 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:15 PM

He just has such a gun. He throws a pro ball that just has big leagues written all over it. It's the type of gun blast rocket throw that you pay the big $ to see.

Just hope this guy is around for a long time to come. I know if we're patient with him he will win big games here.

#27 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

so this site thinks jerry jones is a good owner now i guess

SUPPORTER

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:17 PM

newton is an uncut diamond. he has almost no ceiling and a work ethic that will take anything you throw at him. chud and rivera have just tried to polish him with low grit sandpaper and turtle wax.

#28 yasuhara2241

yasuhara2241

SUPPORTER

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:40 PM

Loved what I saw from Cam today. He struggled the first half and didn't get down at all. He went to the bench and looked over the plays with the coach and then stood up and watched the D play. I usually see him look at the plays and then stay by himself but this time he was interacting more with teammates. He was encouraging oline and after the lafell td he was trying to pump up the defense.

He still needs to work on his accuracy but overall I am pleased with the progress he made. I still would prefer less of that crap read option. We put our offense in a terrible situation and always second or third and long.

#29 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

SUPPORTER

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:27 PM

Now he just needs to overcome his coaching!

Seriously, the kid looked great today - made some really nice throws in bad conditions - the wind was swirling in that stadium. Very decisive and I also noticed him pumping up his teammates on the sideline.

With the right coaching and time, the sky is the limit.

#30 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

Administrators

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:29 PM

He started off looking rough, but he held in there and settled down.

One of the better games of the year for him, hopefully something to build on.

He also pep talked his OLine when we went up 21 10. And tried to fire up the D in the 4th

#31 rippadonn

rippadonn

Since 2006

HUDDLER

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:31 PM

Jake Delhomme had a better team around him. Cam is better than Jake at this point. QB isn't our problem at all. I'd get Godfrey some very good help back there and upgrade the Oline and DT depth and talent. There is nothing that is all of a sudden wrong with #34 or #28. I do think that #69 isn't living up to the hype, far from a pro bowl year. I think he would agree.

I'm happy with #24 and #22 at the moment but a certain weakness in our secondary is being dialed up at crunch time and exploited. I really like how this defense is playing aside from the obvious weakness in the secondary.

I'm a Kuechly fan. This defense plays much better with him on the field. The D line is a big surprise.

#32 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

SUPPORTER

Posted 18 November 2012 - 10:42 PM

Jake Delhomme had a better team around him.

maybe...but the biggest difference between this team and anything jake delhomme played with is delhomme's ability to lead and motivate the guys around him.

not taking anything away from newton's athleticism, but i don't believe this team would be 2-8 with delhomme's leadership (pre meltdown skillset of course).

#33 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

HUDDLER

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:15 PM

can't believe that we are comparing Jake to Cam. There's no contest. How much read option was Jake forced to run? Honestly - no coach Jake had was ever as bottom of the barrel as Rivera.

#34 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

HUDDLER

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:23 PM

Cam was the best Panther today

#35 rippadonn

rippadonn

Since 2006

HUDDLER

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:25 PM

maybe...but the biggest difference between this team and anything jake delhomme played with is delhomme's ability to lead and motivate the guys around him.

not taking anything away from newton's athleticism, but i don't believe this team would be 2-8 with delhomme's leadership (pre meltdown skillset of course).

The coach should be the leader. The coaches should be putting their players in position to win. Cam has played well enough to win most games. Some people will never like Cam, I get it, but I'd take Cam over Jake all day. When your team can't run block or pass protect you can't win.

#36 rippadonn

rippadonn

Since 2006

HUDDLER

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:31 PM

Special teams is still suffering from the curse of Scott O'Brien. " Never shall ye special teams be special agaaaaaaaiiin!!!"