#1 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,715 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 28 May 2009 - 10:07 AM

http://www.10news.co...217/detail.html

SAN DIEGO -- A local pastor and his wife claim they were interrogated by a San Diego County official, who then threatened them with escalating fines if they continued to hold bible studies in their home, 10News reported.

Attorney Dean Broyles of The Western Center For Law & Policy was shocked with what happened to the pastor and his wife.

Broyles said, "The county asked, 'Do you have a regular meeting in your home?' She said, 'Yes.' 'Do you say amen?' 'Yes.' 'Do you pray?' 'Yes.' 'Do you say praise the Lord?' 'Yes.'" http://ad.doubleclic...;ord=123456789?

The county employee notified the couple that the small bible study, with an average of 15 people attending, was in violation of county regulations, according to Broyles.

Broyles said a few days later the couple received a written warning that listed "unlawful use of land" and told them to "stop religious assembly or apply for a major use permit" -- a process that could cost tens of thousands of dollars.

"For churches and religious assemblies there's big parking concerns, there's environmental impact concerns when you have hundreds or thousands of people gathering. But this is a different situation, and we believe that the application of the religious assembly principles to this bible study is certainly misplaced," said Broyles.

#2 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 10:17 AM

nope, not buying it.

lol

#3 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,292 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 28 May 2009 - 10:20 AM

nope, not buying it.

lol

the story?

#4 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,715 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 28 May 2009 - 10:35 AM

nope, not buying it.

lol

seems pretty reasonable to me.

A neighbor got tired of people parking in front of his house every week so he called code enforcement.

If written notice was really given as the article says, then it should be easily verified.

#5 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 10:56 AM

I can't believe that people are still buying new cars.

#6 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,329 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 10:59 AM

I bet if it was an Obama's press conference viewing party nothing would've been said.

That's akin to a religous experience to some Obama-bowlers.

#7 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,084 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 11:24 AM

seems pretty reasonable to me.

A neighbor got tired of people parking in front of his house every week so he called code enforcement.

If written notice was really given as the article says, then it should be easily verified.

Oh I am sure something happened, but...

Broyles said, "The county asked, 'Do you have a regular meeting in your home?' She said, 'Yes.' 'Do you say amen?' 'Yes.' 'Do you pray?' 'Yes.' 'Do you say praise the Lord?' 'Yes.'"

lol

yeah right.

#8 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 03:51 PM

Sweet Corvette.

#9 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,609 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 03:55 PM

I wonder how many San Diego bitches I could pick up in that sweet ride

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.