Photo
- - - - -

Your top HC Candidates

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
202 replies to this topic

#145 SauceBoss

SauceBoss

IT IS WHAT IT IS

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:25 AM

Mike Mocoy Broncos OC

Bruce Arians Colts OC

Kevin Gilbright Giants OC

Ask the 1997 Chargers about Kevin Gilbride. You don't want him, trust me.

#146 Matthias

Matthias

HUDDLER

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:32 AM

Of course I'm cheering for David Shaw to come here, but for my next best candidate, I continue to uplift Marc Trestman's name to the forefront. The guy has NFL experience, and he has won two championships as a HC in the CFL. I think he is oozing with offensive genius.

#147 Bj-Monster23

Bj-Monster23

Slam Newton

SUPPORTER

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:37 PM

Of course I'm cheering for David Shaw to come here, but for my next best candidate, I continue to uplift Marc Trestman's name to the forefront. The guy has NFL experience, and he has won two championships as a HC in the CFL. I think he is oozing with offensive genius.

Man you can probably forget this. David Shaw has his dream job at Stanford and I don't think he plans on leaving any time soon. It would be great if we could get him but I just can't see it happening. I think Chip Kelly or Jon Gruden ends up in Philly. If Chip doesn't get the job he may remain at Oregon.

#148 Udogg

Udogg

Cardiac Victim since 95

HUDDLER

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:28 PM

Andy Reid.

#149 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

SUPPORTER

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:29 PM

pstall

#150 RufftownRepresent

RufftownRepresent

Formerly Know As Ruff

HUDDLER

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:07 PM

you're a new fan, I know this because we have to explain this to you, go watch some football and get back to us when you learn something.

The fact that 1) you thought McCoy was a HC candidate and 2) was brave enough to argue for him. Is probably one of the 10 dumbest things I've read on the huddle this year, and buddy that is saying something.

Jason La Canfora disagrees with you, so, thanks for knowing more than a guy that covers football for a living!

Carolina Panthers: Owner Jerry Richardson already fired GM Marty Hurney during the season and it's hard to imagine the next guy being all about keeping Ron Rivera as head coach rather than bringing in his own guy. They need to find someone to get Cam Newton right again -- above all else -- and I see a younger guy as the move here.

Possible replacement: Denver offensive coordinator Mike McCoy worked in Carolina before, Richardson likes him and he has done great things with a run-first/non-traditional QB (reaching the playoffs with The Golden Calf of Bristol, for goodness' sake). If there is a more natural fit than this, please let me know. Seems like the perfect match.

- Source

Thanks for being a douche!

#151 RufftownRepresent

RufftownRepresent

Formerly Know As Ruff

HUDDLER

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:10 PM

Thoughts on Tom Clements?

Tom Clements looks awesome. He'd probably be my first pick out of anyone that hasn't been a head coach before. But after going through what we've gone through with Rivera, I'd prefer to see someone who's been a head coach at some level.

#152 RufftownRepresent

RufftownRepresent

Formerly Know As Ruff

HUDDLER

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:12 PM

But, out of everyone, David Shaw is honestly my #1 favorite right now.

#153 Nicbsbll2

Nicbsbll2

HUDDLER

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:28 PM

HC - Mike McCoy
OC - Norv Turner
DC - Rex Ryan

I'm not sure what to make of Mike McCoy but all the NFL insiders have been pumping him up for bigger and better jobs since he was the QB coach here in Carolina.

Norv Turner was a bad head coach but is a great offensive mind.

Yes, Rex Ryan has always ran a 3-4 defense. But Rivera had always ran a 4-3 before going to San Deigo where he adapted his philosophy to match the 3-4 personnel that was already in place. Who's to say Rex can't do the same?

#154 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

HUDDLER

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:12 PM

Bill Cowher

#155 Dash Global

Dash Global

HUDDLER

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:16 PM

HC - Mike McCoy
OC - Norv Turner
DC - Rex Ryan

I'm not sure what to make of Mike McCoy but all the NFL insiders have been pumping him up for bigger and better jobs since he was the QB coach here in Carolina.

Norv Turner was a bad head coach but is a great offensive mind.

Yes, Rex Ryan has always ran a 3-4 defense. But Rivera had always ran a 4-3 before going to San Deigo where he adapted his philosophy to match the 3-4 personnel that was already in place. Who's to say Rex can't do the same?

3-4 guys are not gonna want to play a 4-3. the 3-4 is more versatile and you are able to disguise coverages and bring heat better.

Ryan would switch us atleast by season 2 if not season 1 with a few FA signings and some draft picks.

#156 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

Keep Pounding...all the way to...the draft! :D

SUPPORTER

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:29 PM

Mike Mocoy Broncos OC

Bruce Arians Colts OC

Kevin Gilbright Giants OC

Add Kyle Shanahan from DC and maybe Perry Fewel from the Giants too and this is what I'd like.