Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What about a Marc Ross/Perry Fewell package deal?

16 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I know it would seem like we would go from being the Carolina Chargers to being the Carolina Giants if we made this move but Perry Fewell has caught my interest as of late. The way he speaks and gives interviews he kind of reminds me of the Tony Dungy type and I think him and Cam would click. And most here can agree Marc Ross for GM is really an appealing idea since hes a hot GM candidate,

Posted · Report post

I'd be okay with that.

Posted · Report post

Higher on Ross than Fewell, but I could live with it.

Posted · Report post

HELL NO.

I want Ross more than anything but Perry Fewell is just another John Fox clone. If you guys want to go with another ex defensive coordinator, get ready for more of the same.

No more defensive minded head coaches.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Bwood' timestamp='1353305557' post='2007520']
HELL NO.

I want Ross more than anything but Perry Fewell is just another John Fox clone. If you guys want to go with another ex defensive coordinator, get ready for more of the same.

No more defensive minded head coaches.
[/quote]

But arent a majority if the great NFL head coaches former defensive coordinators?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='PantherTrain84' timestamp='1353305917' post='2007525']
But arent a majority if the great NFL head coaches former defensive coordinators?
[/quote]

Yes but this is a new league[b] [/b]a [i]passing league[/i] if you will. We need our head coach to be offensive minded so he can absolutely maximize a super star like Newtons potential.

Posted · Report post

doesn't matter what side of the ball he coaches as long as the asshole can coach a whole team. Don't give a crap if he was a D coordinator, O coordinator, ST coordinator, or the friggin towel boy, if he can coach a winning team, hire his ass.

but yeah, i'd be fine with it.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Not too sure how I'd feel about that, reminds me a lot of the path Rivera took. Hasn't he been interviewed several times over the past couple years and turned down by all?

Posted · Report post

Ross/Kelly?

Posted · Report post

i dont want anyone that doesn't have college (D1), or NFL head coaching experience.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I have some friends who are Giants fans and wish someone would take Fewell off their hands.

Posted · Report post

Where does this package deal concept come from? What's the basis for things working like that?