#16 Smitty Is Our Savior

Smitty Is Our Savior

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationUNC Chapel Hill & Wilmington

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:11 AM

Until the Chicago game he had only attempted two. Then he had the big game there but hasn't made one since.

I mean, he missed a 50+ and then two from the 40's, one of which was blocked. I really don't see it as a major problem, considering he still has a higher percentage than guys like Mason Crosby.

#17 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 6,201 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:39 AM

You have to account for the lack of observational skills here. Not only did it look windy with the goalpost flags whipping in the wind AND the sign in the background flapping but the announcers actually talked specifically.

Not an excuse, but lets at the very least pay attention.

John Kasay would have made it.

Observational skills? I have observed shaky kicky ever since Kasay was dismissed. The wind and all that crap is what it is: an excuse. You account for my lack of observational skills about as good as Medlock accounted for the wind yesterday.

#18 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• HUDDLER
  • 15,518 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:01 AM

Kickers get paid to make the 40-49 yarders. 50+ is a crapshoot and any good kicker is going to be pretty close to perfect under 40. I think most decent kickers expect to hit at least 2/3rds to 3/4ths of their 40-49 and the best kickers will be nearly perfect in a season. Look at Henerey (11-12 over 2 years). Kickers also want to make at least 50% over 50 yards

Medlock has missed 3 in a row and is 2-4 from 40-49. That's not terrible in the middle of an entire season. Make the next one and you are 3-5. But it also makes him a very below average kicker so far. A couple more misses and he is cut.

I've also noticed some pretty unstable kicks on kickoff too. Not sure if that is a trend or not.

I don't remember the tip but if it was against the Redskins it didn't look like any tip that really affected the ball.

#19 carolinapf

carolinapf

The Judge

• HUDDLER
  • 3,014 posts
  • LocationEverywhere

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:09 AM

Answer this, if we (miracle) were in the playoffs, game on the line, would you have complete confidence in Medlock kicking a 41 yarder to win the game? Me says no way Jose......

#20 Actionman0z

Actionman0z

Strong Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:03 AM

He can kick something other than field goals, thats for goddamn sure.

#21 Smitty Is Our Savior

Smitty Is Our Savior

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationUNC Chapel Hill & Wilmington

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:06 AM

I have no confidence in any kickers in clutch moments. Seems like they always miss when you want them to make it the most.

#22 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,501 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:08 AM

The English on this board is impeccable as usual.

#23 Actionman0z

Actionman0z

Strong Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:09 AM

It looked like it was good on TV... barely, but good... If you are a duck fan, like me, you knew that guy was gonna miss it, and it was going to cost them.

#24 TopCat

TopCat

Swerve

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:11 AM

Resign Kasay. Fug

#25 TbTeRRoR

TbTeRRoR

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:02 PM

yeah I'll take weak but accurate over a bazoooka for a leg that can't score See project MARE

not sure were Medlock falls leg doesn't look booming to me ?

#26 panfan32

panfan32

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationFayetteville, North Carolina

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:04 PM

OMG he has missed what 2 kicks this season? Give me a break your people are so down on the whole damn team that you take it out on anyone on the team.

#27 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 7,793 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:50 PM

He's only kicked like, what, 6-7 times? If that? I bet if he was kicking as many as most other kickers in the league are, his "precentage better than Mason Crosby's" would be low.

#28 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,374 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:52 PM

It is not just Medlock's game performance but I've heard the radio guys talking about his misses in pre game. He's not an NFL caliber kicker.

#29 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 6,201 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:14 AM

Called that one. He had his shot, but when it came down to the nitty gritty he just didn't cut the mustard. And, no he isn't a scapegoat, he just wasn't getting the job done. Sooner or later, Medlock was getting his pink slip. It just happened to be sooner, The end was inevitable.

#30 Wine&Cheese

Wine&Cheese

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 21 November 2012 - 02:52 AM

Resign Kasay. Fug

John Kasay would probably tell us to fug off and i dont blame him. According to Hurney the whole point of releasing him was to have a guy that could put it thru the end zone on kick offs and kick FGs so we could save a roster spot. BUT THEN he waste roster spots on guys like AE that have nothing to contribute to the team. More Hurney magic... smh

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.