25 replies to this topic

#16 lightsout

lightsout

Doin' stuff...thaaaangs

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,733 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:02 PM

Yeah, never was a Katt fan. Just a stoner that has an entire set dedicated to stoner subjects, like getting stoned or buying the weed. And every once in a while, he'll mention a current event and make a joke or two, and then he'll recall a couple personal experiences that he likely plays up a bit for comedic value, and then he walks off stage. Dane Cook to me....just....poo, man. Stop doing comedy.

#17 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,879 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:05 PM

Sorry PD, but George Lopez doesn't have a funny bone in his body. He's a walking stereo type that rides said stereo type to the ground.

#18 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 11,147 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:15 PM

George Lopez is terrible

Katt, Kevin Hart, Chappelle, Regan, Louis CK are geniuses IMO

#19 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 8,136 posts
  • Locationfresh out the grave

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:31 PM

well I guess this is officially a your favorite stand up comedians thread

the ones diddy mentioned minus george lopez, gaffigan, julian mccullough(way underrated), ellen degeneres

^those are the good clean ones I can name

I can't stand Louis CK. Idk I guess his stuff is aimed more towards the middle aged crowd.

#20 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,986 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:52 PM

Yeah guys, I'll take the Lopez criticism, lol. I think I gave him more credit than he deserved, in part because my first encounter with him was his ABC show, which I automatically thought was a corny play on stereotypes. But, then I saw his standup and was like, "wait, this guy cusses and makes actual jokes?" So, I was surprised by it.

In hindsight, regardless, Lopez doesn't belong in the list I made because his style is different than the others I mentioned anyway. Chappelle, Tosh, Ansari are all great at painting a vivid picture and then hitting you with the punchline and their material covers a wide array of topics and they all have a natural ability to appeal to all... Lopez does rely a lot on stereotypes and pretty much bases his sets completely on personal experience.

I also think David Cross is really underrated aside from his extremely alienating pieces on religion... Aside from that, I really appreciate his material and delivery too.

#21 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,807 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:58 PM

Never cared much for Katt either...not really that familiar with his stuff tho.

Only comedians I really like are Pryor, Murphy, Chappelle, Bill Burr, Jim Norton (though his stand up isn't as good as when he just goes off the cuff), Rodney Carrington...a few more but these are the best to me.

#22 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 11,147 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:10 PM

I love Burr's radio stuff and podcast but his standup doesnt do it for me. Same with Norton, I only started to listen to Patrice O'Neal after he died but he was BRILLIANT.

#23 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,023 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:22 PM

I love Burr's radio stuff and podcast but his standup doesnt do it for me. Same with Norton, I only started to listen to Patrice O'Neal after he died but he was BRILLIANT.

Patrice O'Neal is my all time favorite comedian. The looks he gives while telling a joke is hilarious. I used to not like Bill Burr because he had beef with Patrice O'Neal, but im over that silliness and Burr is comedy gold. Kevin Hart is probably my favorite now as far as comics I can go see. Kevin Hart's Let Me Explain tour was frickin hilarious. I used to love Dave Chapelle til he fell off. I really like Katt because he was almost a caricature of himself which I found funny. But yeah, dude won't be getting any more of my money because he's a piece of poo to his fans.

#24 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 11,147 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:28 PM

Patrice O'Neal is my all time favorite comedian. The looks he gives while telling a joke is hilarious. I used to not like Bill Burr because he had beef with Patrice O'Neal, but im over that silliness and Burr is comedy gold. Kevin Hart is probably my favorite now as far as comics I can go see. Kevin Hart's Let Me Explain tour was frickin hilarious. I used to love Dave Chapelle til he fell off. I really like Katt because he was almost a caricature of himself which I found funny. But yeah, dude won't be getting any more of my money because he's a piece of poo to his fans.

Aside from his comedy the guy just thought different and explained stuff in a simple/funny way. His stuff on O&A is some of the funniest radio i've ever heard.

#25 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,986 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 02:54 AM

Forgot about Patrice, that dude was hilarious. I first saw him on that Vh1 show "Web Junk" years back and he was awesome on there... Then I saw his standup and that was even better. Really underrated and gone too soon.

#26 Boner Champ

Boner Champ

Future Training Camp MVP

• HUDDLER
  • 5,473 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:00 PM

Hi, I am Boner Champ, and I think Dane Cook is Fukcing funny as hell

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com