Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"All I know is this team knows how to lose"

65 posts in this topic

Posted

All I know is that I'm sick of taking "the walk of shame" out of that stadium.

2 people like this

Posted

When the panthers were up 4 I almost took TB to win for $100 but I hate betting against the Panthers.

That was such a depressing outcome.

I don't hate betting against the Panthers. I'm closing in on $1000 for the season.

Posted

Fire Rivera and send his losing cultures packing with him. Rivera just know how to lose games.

Posted

I knew we would figure out a way to lose this as well. I really can honestly say though, this is the first game I watched that I wasn't jumping up and down or screaming. In fact the only real emotion I had yesterday was on the bone-headed special teams play that made Nak into a running back....still scratching my head on that one.

Posted

I walked out of the bar during the final 5 minutes of the Seahawks, Bears, and Cowboys games because I was beyond doubt that the team would give the game up. They play like a battered housewife: timid and waiting for the first sign of disaster to retreat. I turned the game off yesterday as soon as TB kicked the field goal. One of my best friends is a Ravens fan and was looking at me cross eyed asking why I didn't want to see my team get its 3rd win to which I responded that the offense would not move the ball. I then said that it wouldn't surprise me if they drove it down the field via Martin & VJax, and I thought that it would be Clark that would get the 2pt conversion before we let them take the first OT drive all the way for 6.

15 minutes later while he was checking his fantasy team, he let out a, "Awe... buddy..." and gave me a hug. I knew :(

Posted

Zod may have been right about the way we would lose, but he predicted a 13-3 record that got everyone way too excited.

Next season I won't predict anything over .500, and anyone that does go into the season predicting over .500 is crazy.

Posted

My buddy jumped off the couch and said....well that's pretty much it...I took look at the scoreboard and said not so fast big guy.

We were only up two scores.

I was not in front of the TV as I was preparing Beef short ribs instead of focusing all of my attention on a shitty football team.

Posted

Anyone else take a 3 hour nap after the game?

Posted

Yup. Mostly because I had the graveyard shift, but it was a cold, dark, lonely morning with not even the slightest bit of good news to feed off of :(

Posted

Sunday after our games is my yard work time. Yesterday I raked / burned leaves.

It was more fulfilling than our game.

Posted

Yeah I stopped watching when we punted with a little over a minute left up by 8. Fully expected us to lose and I had better things to do.

Great decision.

Posted

Officially worse than 2001.