Photo
- - - - -

Anyone that does not believe someone can be born gay...

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#16 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,668 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 12:25 PM

I'm far from a genetists but wouldn't a gene that couldn't be carried to the offspring (no offspring from such) disappear kinda quick.

many genes are recessive. and many people who are gay either don't realize, or deny it. the world could be 100% gay and there would still be more than plenty procreation going on.

i'm not arguing for a gay gene, i don't care either way. just sayin'

#17 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,511 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 28 May 2009 - 12:26 PM

I can't believe this discussion has stayed on topic and civil for 2 pages.

:clap:

#18 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 12:27 PM

Such as a failsafe to help control overpopulation ?

Damn jer thats the best argument I think you have made in this forum. :P

Nah, you are just starting to some around.... :D

#19 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 12:30 PM

I ain't never seen a gay baby.

Sometimes they accidentally put pink on a boy baby. That's how it all happens.

#20 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,100 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 12:31 PM

I'm far from a genetists but wouldn't a gene that couldn't be carried to the offspring (no offspring from such) disappear kinda quick.

The gene would persist through the social stigma that forces a large number of homosexuals to stay in the closet.

#21 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 12:31 PM

Sometimes they accidentally put pink on a boy baby. That's how it all happens.

You better hope your mom never sends me that picture...

#22 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,398 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 12:32 PM

Where do bisexuals fall in the whole gene argument.

Are they just cheating?

IMHO...I think it has to do more with acceptance.

Just because a female has an abnormal lack of estrogen or higher amount of testosterone doesn't make one lesbian. What it does is cause her environment to prejudge her to be lesbian. Then when put into the lesbian culture she's accepted and life goes on. Does that mean she was born lesbian? No. It just means she finds acceptance in a group of people that have already been ostracized by not fitting the mold of what's deemed "normal".

I don't think Madonna was born knowing she'd like dudes...then dabble in Dennis Rodman...then women...then bullwhips up her ass...then men again...then whatever else will screw her rank butt nowadays.

#23 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,511 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 28 May 2009 - 12:32 PM

Honestly I would fall in the pretty silly catagory for 97% of my life.
This is mainly due to my environment. (Small Baptist Southern Town) Where blacks marrying whites was almost as tabo as homosexuals.

Once I met my wife and hung out with several of her friends who are gay/lesbian I can somewhat accept that some people could just be wired differently. That said, I think a large % of the gay community CHOOSE such a lifestyle because of any number of factors.

#24 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,862 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 28 May 2009 - 12:35 PM

Unless it was of some use to the species as a whole, thus allowing the individuals in the species to live longer and reproduce more, in which case it would not have disappeared.

what you're suggesting either needs to involve gene teleportation, rape, or homosexuals "experimenting in college".

If person A's genetic anomaly allows person B, C, D and E to reproduce better, then how does person A's genetic material get passed on?

a) B C D and E gang rape and impregnate A or vice versa
B) A gets drunk at a sorority mixer and gets it on with B and C even though it "feels so wrong".
c) A's genetic material gets transferred to E during a lightning storm on a full moon.

#25 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,668 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 12:36 PM

Honestly I would fall in the pretty silly catagory for 97% of my life.
This is mainly due to my environment. (Small Baptist Southern Town) Where blacks marrying whites was almost as tabo as homosexuals.

Once I met my wife and hung out with several of her friends who are gay/lesbian I can somewhat accept that some people could just be wired differently. That said, I think a large % of the gay community CHOOSE such a lifestyle because of any number of factors.

so if they are choosing to be gay, would you say you are choosing not to? or would you say that you were born straight? could you choose to be attracted to men?

#26 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 16,862 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 28 May 2009 - 12:36 PM

The gene would persist through the social stigma that forces a large number of homosexuals to stay in the closet.

^^ much more logical IMO

#27 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 12:38 PM

what you're suggesting either needs to involve gene teleportation, rape, or homosexuals "experimenting in college".

If person A's genetic anomaly allows person B, C, D and E to reproduce better, then how does person A's genetic material get passed on?

B) A gets drunk at a sorority mixer and gets it on with B and C even though it "feels so wrong".
c) A's genetic material gets transferred to E during a lightning storm on a full moon.

Ask scrum how his mom and dad have black pubes.

(I am not supposed to know that)

#28 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,668 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 12:38 PM

your argument applies in a cultural vacuum where there are no other influences besides genetics. we should ask larry craig's kids how they were born...

#29 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,398 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 12:41 PM

your argument applies in a cultural vacuum where there are no other influences besides genetics. we should ask larry craig's kids how they were born...

So you're saying Craig is gay? Or did he simply choose to desire to smoke a pole one goofy day at the airport?

Or are you saying that by definition if he's smoked a pole...he's born gay. There's no going back.

Which is it?

#30 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 12:43 PM

I think gays and lesbians secretly procreate in an underground society called The Church of Will and Grace

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com