Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rivera Presser - 11/19/12

98 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Tweeted about 10 minutes ago:

[quote]@Panthers #Panthers head coach Ron Rivera will speak with the media at noon today. Stay tuned for the link to the live feed.[/quote]

No link yet...

Posted · Report post

Missed opportunities will be said no less than a dozen times
6 people like this

Posted · Report post

I'm hoping it goes, "I have fired Chud and myself. Your new OC will be some guy who isn't a retard, and your new HC will be some kid who played Cam in madden"
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

this is the link posted on panthers.com:

http://www.panthers.com/media-vault/videos/Ron-Rivera-Presser/8a426b04-e012-4f38-87a7-1aceb60770c4

hasn't started yet

Posted · Report post

[quote]Jeff_McLane
Reid apologizes to #Eagles fans for his team's performance.[/quote]i wonder if rivera will do this.

btw...not at all endorsing reid come coach here.

Posted · Report post

Still cant get it to come up.

Posted · Report post

They can't even run the time for an interview right. FML

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Zod' timestamp='1353344870' post='2008030']
Missed opportunities will be said no less than a dozen times
[/quote]

"Execution" about to be thrown all around that mofo
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

http://www.panthers.com/ like it is every week

Posted · Report post

it started. i turned it off when he opened his mouth and the words "I resign" didn't come out.
9 people like this

Posted · Report post

Ron basically confirms that he's here until the end of the season, at least.

Posted · Report post

I dont think he counted him self in that count for mistakes. And im glad these reporters are questioning his job.

Posted · Report post

Someone step up and hold this accountable for the terrible product that takes place on the field

Posted · Report post

He looks like he hasnt slept in weeks

Posted · Report post

Still can't help but feel bad for the guy in the end. Seems like he's truly at a loss for words.

What I don't understand is his playing scared in late-game situations. You know the fans are crying for your head, you know that you're most likely out at the end of the season. fuging play aggressive, throw caution to the wind, and try to make things happen!
7 people like this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='UNCrules2187' timestamp='1353345590' post='2008062']
Still can't help but feel bad for the guy in the end. Seems like he's truly at a loss for words.

What I don't understand is his playing scared in late-game situations. You know the fans are crying for your head, you know that you're most likely out at the end of the season. fuging play aggressive, throw caution to the wind, and try to make things happen!
[/quote]

Exactly. You're job is shot. Why not let Cam extend final drives with his arm when he's gone 9/10 in the second half? Go crazy man!

Posted · Report post

[quote name='UNCrules2187' timestamp='1353345590' post='2008062']
Still can't help but feel bad for the guy in the end. Seems like he's truly at a loss for words.[/quote]

This. I don't think it's a lack of effort or that he's not working hard. He just doesn't have it. We hired the wrong guy.

Posted · Report post

I feel bad for him in the sense that he took so long to get this gig and it's taking so little time for him to lose it. It sucks when dreams get dashed like this for a man. But in the end, he's a poo HC and we need a leader to lead our team, not a stubborn HC unwilling to put it out there on the line.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote][url="https://twitter.com/josephperson"][b]Joe Person[/b] ‏[size=3][s]@[/s][b]josephperson[/b][/size][/url][color=#333333][font=Arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]
Team source told me last night Rivera would likely be here through end of season.[/quote][/background][/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=Arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]
Joe Person is such a jack-ass. This is a pretty important little tid bit and he waits until after Rivera said it himself in his weekly presser to tell the fans?[/background][/font][/color]
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='boney' timestamp='1353345816' post='2008067']
[/background][/font][/color]
[color=#333333][font=Arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]
Joe Person is such a jack-ass. This is a pretty important little tid bit and he waits until after Rivera said it himself in his weekly presser to tell the fans?[/background][/font][/color]
[/quote]

Yeah Person sucks.

Posted · Report post

rivera might be a good head coach somewhere someday but it won't be here.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='boney' timestamp='1353345816' post='2008067']
[/background][/font][/color]

[color=#333333][font=Arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]Joe Person is such a jack-ass. This is a pretty important little tid bit and he waits until after Rivera said it himself in his weekly presser to tell the fans?[/background][/font][/color]
[/quote]

Maybe he doesn't want to go the way of the Gantt and end up covering college softball or whatever he was demoted to.

Posted · Report post

When you are a professional head coach and something is missing from the locker room, you better goddamn know what it is.. and get it fixed, or you get fired. Later Ron.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Sounds like Rivera has been assured that he'll be allowed to finish out the season.

He wouldn't go so far as to say that's what JR told him, but that's basically what he said.