Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rivera Presser - 11/19/12

98 posts in this topic

Posted

Sounds like Rivera has been assured that he'll be allowed to finish out the season.

He wouldn't go so far as to say that's what JR told him, but that's basically what he said.

Posted

Joe Person is such a jack-ass. This is a pretty important little tid bit and he waits until after Rivera said it himself in his weekly presser to tell the fans?

LOL!

Posted

Where are all those people that were saying he should get another year after that Redskins game? LMAO!

Posted

When you are a professional head coach and something is missing from the locker room, you better goddamn know what it is.. and get it fixed, or you get fired. Later Ron.

Exactly... I think the reporters were just throwing subliminals at RR to let him know that he is the missing part. You could tell by the smirk he had listening to the question.

Posted

I never cared for Fox's personality. He came across as a prick.

Ron I like. He is honest and seems to be a guy you could enjoy a beer with. Hate it's not working for him.

I have mused lately that Rivera's record might be significantly better had Hurney been fired with Fox was let go.

5 people like this

Posted

Ron I like. He is honest and seems to be a guy you could enjoy a beer with. Hate it's not working for him.

I have mused lately that Rivera's record might be significantly better had Hurney been fired with Fox was let go.

But would Ron have gotten the job without Hurney being here? Seems as if Richardson fired Hurney in the end precisely because he convinced him to hire Ron...

Posted

I thought with a new GM, a young head coach, he might get another season, I could still see it happening, but at the very least, Chud is gone. I am still on board for a new HC, because I've felt uplifted by a Rivera press conference 1 too many times, to the same result the following week.

Posted

I'm curious, how many of you will continue to watch the Panthers play, now that JR doesn't have the guts to fire Rivera right now?

Posted

I'm curious, how many of you will continue to watch the Panthers play, now that JR doesn't have the guts to fire Rivera right now?

Sadly, I'd watch em play if they were winless right now.

2 people like this

Posted

I watched every game of that 2010 season, can't see myself stopping this season.

1 person likes this

Posted

Hopefully everyone that deserves to be called a panther fan

1 person likes this

Posted

People watch NASCAR for the wrecks, they make TV shows from car chases and crashes, they watch "World's Wildest Train Wrecks" and enjoy it....

... why shouldn't people continue to watch the Panthers?

1 person likes this