• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#16 Panths

Panths

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:21 PM

Still can't help but feel bad for the guy in the end. Seems like he's truly at a loss for words.

What I don't understand is his playing scared in late-game situations. You know the fans are crying for your head, you know that you're most likely out at the end of the season. fuging play aggressive, throw caution to the wind, and try to make things happen!

Exactly. You're job is shot. Why not let Cam extend final drives with his arm when he's gone 9/10 in the second half? Go crazy man!

#17 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,017 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:22 PM

Still can't help but feel bad for the guy in the end. Seems like he's truly at a loss for words.

This. I don't think it's a lack of effort or that he's not working hard. He just doesn't have it. We hired the wrong guy.

#18 jayflip

jayflip

vaya con dios

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,783 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:23 PM

I feel bad for him in the sense that he took so long to get this gig and it's taking so little time for him to lose it. It sucks when dreams get dashed like this for a man. But in the end, he's a poo HC and we need a leader to lead our team, not a stubborn HC unwilling to put it out there on the line.

#19 boney

boney

teh pwnthers ftmfw

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:23 PM

Joe Person@josephperson
Team source told me last night Rivera would likely be here through end of season.

Joe Person is such a jack-ass. This is a pretty important little tid bit and he waits until after Rivera said it himself in his weekly presser to tell the fans?

#20 jayflip

jayflip

vaya con dios

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,783 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:25 PM

[/background][/font][/color]

Joe Person is such a jack-ass. This is a pretty important little tid bit and he waits until after Rivera said it himself in his weekly presser to tell the fans?

Yeah Person sucks.

#21 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

We dominated time of possession though!

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,304 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

rivera might be a good head coach somewhere someday but it won't be here.

#22 UNCrules2187

UNCrules2187

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,168 posts

A WHOLE PIE!

"Team source" = Ron Rivera
"Last night" = 12:09 PM November 19, 2012

#23 Panths

Panths

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:26 PM

Maybe he doesn't want to go the way of the Gantt and end up covering college softball or whatever he was demoted to.

#24 Actionman0z

Actionman0z

Strong Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,795 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:28 PM

When you are a professional head coach and something is missing from the locker room, you better goddamn know what it is.. and get it fixed, or you get fired. Later Ron.

#25 CatMan72

CatMan72

KEEP POUNDING

• HUDDLER
  • 15,186 posts

Sounds like Rivera has been assured that he'll be allowed to finish out the season.

He wouldn't go so far as to say that's what JR told him, but that's basically what he said.

#26 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 5,190 posts

LOL!

#27 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 5,190 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:29 PM

Where are all those people that were saying he should get another year after that Redskins game? LMAO!

#28 Gucci Mane

Gucci Mane

Trap God

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,816 posts
  • LocationKitchen

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:30 PM

When you are a professional head coach and something is missing from the locker room, you better goddamn know what it is.. and get it fixed, or you get fired. Later Ron.

Exactly... I think the reporters were just throwing subliminals at RR to let him know that he is the missing part. You could tell by the smirk he had listening to the question.

#29 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,582 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:31 PM

I never cared for Fox's personality. He came across as a prick.

Ron I like. He is honest and seems to be a guy you could enjoy a beer with. Hate it's not working for him.
I have mused lately that Rivera's record might be significantly better had Hurney been fired with Fox was let go.

#30 UNCrules2187

UNCrules2187

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,168 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:33 PM

I never cared for Fox's personality. He came across as a prick.

Ron I like. He is honest and seems to be a guy you could enjoy a beer with. Hate it's not working for him.
I have mused lately that Rivera's record might be significantly better had Hurney been fired with Fox was let go.

But would Ron have gotten the job without Hurney being here? Seems as if Richardson fired Hurney in the end precisely because he convinced him to hire Ron...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com