97 replies to this topic

#31 Actionman0z

Actionman0z

Strong Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,813 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:35 PM

I never cared for Fox's personality. He came across as a prick.

Ron I like. He is honest and seems to be a guy you could enjoy a beer with. Hate it's not working for him.
I have mused lately that Rivera's record might be significantly better had Hurney been fired with Fox was let go.

I thought with a new GM, a young head coach, he might get another season, I could still see it happening, but at the very least, Chud is gone. I am still on board for a new HC, because I've felt uplifted by a Rivera press conference 1 too many times, to the same result the following week.

#32 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,148 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:37 PM

I'm curious, how many of you will continue to watch the Panthers play, now that JR doesn't have the guts to fire Rivera right now?

#33 jayflip

jayflip

vaya con dios

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,912 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:39 PM

I'm curious, how many of you will continue to watch the Panthers play, now that JR doesn't have the guts to fire Rivera right now?

Sadly, I'd watch em play if they were winless right now.

#34 UNCrules2187

UNCrules2187

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:39 PM

I watched every game of that 2010 season, can't see myself stopping this season.

#35 Gucci Mane

Gucci Mane

Trap God

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,878 posts
  • LocationKitchen

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:40 PM

Hopefully everyone that deserves to be called a panther fan

#36 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 7,122 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:41 PM

People watch NASCAR for the wrecks, they make TV shows from car chases and crashes, they watch "World's Wildest Train Wrecks" and enjoy it....

... why shouldn't people continue to watch the Panthers?

#37 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 4,148 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:41 PM

I'll continue to watch, but now that Rivera is here to stay (unless we break all sorts of crazy records in losing), I really want to see Derek Anderson start. See what our offense looks like without the read option.

#38 UNCrules2187

UNCrules2187

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:42 PM

I'll continue to watch, but now that Rivera is here to stay (unless we break all sorts of crazy records in losing), I really want to see Derek Anderson start. See what our offense looks like without the read option.

No.

Let Cam run a pro-style offense. Derek Anderson is not, and never will be, the future of this franchise.

#39 jayflip

jayflip

vaya con dios

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,912 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:45 PM

Cam has proven lethal in a pro offense. It's not his fault Chud takes any momentum we have and shits out a read option playcall for a loss.

#40 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,171 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:45 PM

I never cared for Fox's personality. He came across as a prick.

Ron I like. He is honest and seems to be a guy you could enjoy a beer with. Hate it's not working for him.
I have mused lately that Rivera's record might be significantly better had Hurney been fired with Fox was let go.

agreed with all of that.

#41 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 4,148 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:46 PM

No.

Let Cam run a pro-style offense. Derek Anderson is not, and never will be, the future of this franchise.

We are 10 games into the season, when have they ever let Cam run the full pro-style offense? It's not happening with this staff and Cam on the field. The only way we will see a full NFL vertical offense, is if DA is in there. It's the sad truth.

So if anyone is still complaining about the read option, start cheering to put DA in.

#42 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,672 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:47 PM

why?

#43 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,340 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:50 PM

The only way I would be not entirely furious with Rivera staying this offseason is if we get either get rid of Chud or somehow rein in his stupid read option crap and commit completely to a pro-style offense complete with QB audibles, etc. And Rivera would have to show a willingness to change and learn from HIS mistakes as a coach.

But otherwise, give me someone who knows what the hell they're doing.

#44 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,171 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:51 PM

if we fired rivera right now...who would take his place?

what good would it do other than appease a bunch of pissed off fans?

and who would do the hiring? have people forgotten that we don't even have a GM now?

not campaigning for rivera by any means, i just don't think there is anyone on this coaching staff that could do the job and i don't know of anyone who would be willing to come in for a few weeks.

as painful as it might seem, the best and most sensible course of action is to just get the season over with and hope it's enough that the guys who will be staying next year can keep from feeling completely crappy.

firing rivera or really anyone else in a position that matters would only make an ugly situation uglier both short term and long term simply because there is no one else to do the job.

#45 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,340 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:53 PM

if we fired rivera right now...who would take his place?

what good would it do other than appease a bunch of pissed off fans?

and who would do the hiring? have people forgotten that we don't even have a GM now?

not campaigning for rivera by any means, i just don't think there is anyone on this coaching staff that could do the job and i don't know of anyone who would be willing to come in for a few weeks.

as painful as it might seem, the best and most sensible course of action is to just get the season over with and hope it's enough that the guys who will be staying next year can keep from feeling completely crappy.

firing rivera or really anyone else in a position that matters would only make an ugly situation uglier both short term and long term simply because there is no one else to do the job.

Agreed. The only reason to fire Rivera is to basically tank for the #1 pick, which is retarded unless you're going to give up on Cam or hoping some idiot team gives up a bunch of picks to trade up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com