• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#61 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,644 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:12 PM

I would think the players would still know how to play football, without Rivera being in their ears. They would still have a playbook, and practice game situations throughout the week. You could put a figure head on the sidelines, and let the players play. Honestly, I don't see Rivera winning another game. So what harm would it do not to have him on the sidelines? As the song goes, "I can do bad by myself".

lol that's a recipe for success if i ever saw one.

wow.

#62 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:12 PM

This is the most retarded line of reasoning I've ever heard: "Because our OC is an idiot who will only utilize a pro set if he's stuck with a QB that can't run the read option, we should sit our young QB whose best play comes in a pro offense in favor of his backup just for the lulz."

DAMMIT, THIS BOARD MAKES ME QUESTION MY SANITY.

Is it not true we complain about the read option week in and week out?

#63 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,637 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:16 PM

I feel bad for him in the sense that he took so long to get this gig and it's taking so little time for him to lose it. It sucks when dreams get dashed like this for a man. But in the end, he's a poo HC and we need a leader to lead our team, not a stubborn HC unwilling to put it out there on the line.

There are a lot of great coordinators that can't be HCs. There are a lot of HCs that really are better as HCs than coordinators.

Now Ron knows. He will have no trouble finding a job again as a DC

#64 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

• HUDDLER
  • 3,633 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:19 PM

I never cared for Fox's personality. He came across as a prick.

Ron I like. He is honest and seems to be a guy you could enjoy a beer with. Hate it's not working for him.
I have mused lately that Rivera's record might be significantly better had Hurney been fired with Fox was let go.

Based on everything I've read about him, and the things that I've heard directly from his former players, he's a completely different guy when the camera is off, and a ton of fun to be around. One of his former players basically summed it up by saying that one of the reasons he was so close-mouthed was because he believed that you never, ever give any information out that could possibly be used against you. So it was what it was.

I'll go back to a coach like that in a heartbeat, if he wins games. Rivera was the change people wanted, and look how that's turned out.

#65 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,204 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:22 PM

Is it not true we complain about the read option week in and week out?

Yes, which is why I'd rather that Chud got his head out of his ass and played Cam out of a pro offense rather than forcing Chud to do what he should be doing by playing DA instead. In what possible way does that make any sense?!?

#66 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,644 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:26 PM

Yes, which is why I'd rather that Chud got his head out of his ass and played Cam out of a pro offense rather than forcing Chud to do what he should be doing by playing DA instead. In what possible way does that make any sense?!?

we aren't running the read option as a base because cam's limited to that. we are running it as a base because chud wants to do that. starting DA does nothing but make a bad situation worse....just like firing rivera mid season with no solid option as a replacement.

funny....mathias says that keeping rivera would hurt cam's development or whatever, but he wants to bench cam in favor of DA.

#67 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,605 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:31 PM

Sounds like Rivera has been assured that he'll be allowed to finish out the season.

He wouldn't go so far as to say that's what JR told him, but that's basically what he said.

Yea he has all but said that JR has told him what it will take to keep his job and he said much of it had to do with wins.I wonder if he had hired an more accomplished OC if we would be having this conversation.

#68 Gucci Mane

Gucci Mane

Trap God

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,791 posts
  • LocationKitchen

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:31 PM

Benching Cam is the last thing that would help this team. The offensive scheme needs to change and Chud is being lazy now. He thinks he can revolutionize the game of football but he clearly either has dementia or had a stroke in the offseason because our offense went from exciting to worrisome. This season was his clinical trial for his Robfense, and its cost us in many ways. Hes gonna stick with it too because his ego is too big to admit failure.

#69 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,089 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:32 PM

I would think the players would still know how to play football, without Rivera being in their ears. They would still have a playbook, and practice game situations throughout the week. You could put a figure head on the sidelines, and let the players play. Honestly, I don't see Rivera winning another game. So what harm would it do not to have him on the sidelines? As the song goes, "I can do bad by myself".

And all you need to do to find the flaws in that line of reasoning is look to New Orleans.

They couldn't get their poo together until Vitt (a.k.a. Sean Payton's right hand) got off his suspension. Even with all of the "Brees is a coach on the field and he will not let them come apart" talk.

Now who do you think is so in tune with Rivera's game planning and game day philosophy that they could pull it off without looking like a prep squad?

#70 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,618 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:34 PM

Still cant get it to come up.

Posted Image

#71 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:35 PM

I've been saying that since before they installed the read option as our base offense. This has always been Chud's response....

Posted Image

So now here I am 10 games into the season, watching the same garbage week in and week out, and I finally say forget it. Let DA start so I can see what we would have looked like had we done things the right way. Ultimately this season is a wash, I just want to see a real offense at least once this year. I want to see Stew or D-Will get a 100 yards for one game. I want to see Smitty get his catches, to see if he can still roll.

As long as Cam is out there, Chud won't change his philosophy. I don't care how bad we lose. Plus, who do you guys think let Chud do his stuff anyway. Is it not Mr. Rivera himself? I recall Rivera stating in a press conference after the Bears game, that he would have like to call more read options in that game. (After a reporter asked him about running more power runs that game) So what do yall want to see for the next six weeks? A one man show in Cam trying to win games (and I don't blame Cam. I already stated Rivera and Chud sabotaged his sophmore year), or do you guys want to see a full offense play out there. I'm willing to bet we average 30 pts per game for the next six weeks with Anderson out there. (Again, not a shot at Cam. Yet yall would probably still say I am taking shots at him anyway -_- )

#72 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,204 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:37 PM

I've been saying that since before they installed the read option as our base offense. This has always been Chud's response....

Posted Image

So now here I am 10 games into the season, watching the same garbage week in and week out, and I finally say forget it. Let DA start so I can see what we would have looked like had we done things the right way. Ultimately this season is a wash, I just want to see a real offense at least once this year. I want to see Stew or D-Will get a 100 yards for one game. I want to see Smitty get his catches, to see if he can still roll.

As long as Cam is out there, Chud won't change his philosophy. I don't care how bad we lose. Plus, who do you guys think let Chud do his stuff anyway. Is it not Mr. Rivera himself? I recall Rivera stating in a press conference after the Bears game, that he would have like to call more read options in that game. (After a reporter asked him about running more power runs that game) So what do yall want to see for the next six weeks? A one man show in Cam trying to win games (and I don't blame Cam. I already stated Rivera and Chud sabotaged his sophmore year), or do you guys want to see a full offense play out there. I'm willing to bet we average 30 pts per game for the next six weeks with Anderson out there. (Again, not a shot at Cam. Yet yall would probably still say I am taking shots at him anyway -_- )

I would rather lose out and get a better draft pick than bench Cam (who plays better than DA in a pro offense) just to force Chud to do his goddamn job.

#73 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:49 PM

And all you need to do to find the flaws in that line of reasoning is look to New Orleans.

They couldn't get their poo together until Vitt (a.k.a. Sean Payton's right hand) got off his suspension. Even with all of the "Brees is a coach on the field and he will not let them come apart" talk.

Now who do you think is so in tune with Rivera's game planning and game day philosophy that they could pull it off without looking like a prep squad?

When it comes to the Saints, there's no question not having a great coach on the sidelines hurt them this year. Yet we are not losing a thing if we got rid of Rivera. Put McDermott(spelling) in. I'm sure he could do just as good a job as Rivera. Offensively, get rid of Chud and let Shula takeover. (A guy who has experience as OC) This is as easy as pie.

The Saints offense wasn't a problem. They still put up points without their HC. Defense is what messed them up, and truth be told, they would have struggled on that side of the ball with Payton on the sidelines. Yet ultimately, none of that matters here. We are still losing. We still look like we don't know what's going on with Rivera on the field. There won't be a difference without him. Almost the whole country don't even know Rivera exists anyway. Besides, look at the Colts situation. No one expected anything from them, and their coach is not on the sidelines.

#74 AceMan

AceMan

Huddle Vet

• HUDDLER
  • 2,666 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:57 PM

Damn...was really hoping Chud would be fired

#75 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:57 PM

Can you imagine Rivera coming up to Cam with a straight face and trying to give him a speech along Matthias' lines?

Rivera: "We're benching you because we know Derek Anderson isn't good, and know that you are better than him, but I don't believe our offensive coordinator can get his head out of his ass, so it's not your fault, but we are starting Derek Anderson."

Cam: "But coach, why wouldn't you just either work with your OC on a different gameplan, or just get rid of him altogether? "

Rivera: But we're protecting you for your own good...ummmm....(trails off)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com