• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#76 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,816 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:08 PM

Can you imagine Rivera coming up to Cam with a straight face and trying to give him a speech along Matthias' lines?

Rivera: "We're benching you because we know Derek Anderson isn't good, and know that you are better than him, but I don't believe our offensive coordinator can get his head out of his ass, so it's not your fault, but we are starting Derek Anderson."

Cam: "But coach, why wouldn't you just either work with your OC on a different gameplan, or just get rid of him altogether? "

Rivera: But we're protecting you for your own good...ummmm....(trails off)

JR going up to the team and doing what mathias suggested and just firing rivera with no replacement.

JR: "well guys, i fired rivera because of that petition that more than 75 people signed saying i should.

team: "so who's going to take over?"

JR: "does it matter? you're grown ups. you have a playbook. go coach yourself."

#77 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:10 PM

Can you imagine Rivera coming up to Cam with a straight face and trying to give him a speech along Matthias' lines?

Rivera: "We're benching you because we know Derek Anderson isn't good, and know that you are better than him, but I don't believe our offensive coordinator can get his head out of his ass, so it's not your fault, but we are starting Derek Anderson."

Cam: "But coach, why wouldn't you just either work with your OC on a different gameplan, or just get rid of him altogether? "

Rivera: But we're protecting you for your own good...ummmm....(trails off)

Rivera is in league with Chud. These two are tag team partners, the "new age outlaws". They are one and the same when it comes to this offense. I say if Rivera and Chud will be here for the rest of the season, I want DA to start. If we fired Chud and Rivera today, you bet Cam is our starter.

Rivera and Chud's attitudes are astounding. Yet yall seem to think they will change, and let Cam run the pro style vertical offense. (Similar to how Derek ran it in Cleveland during his pro bowl year. The same year Jamal Lewis ran for over a thousand yards. No read option involved!) So no longer do I think they will change in how they handle Cam, because as they say what the definition of insanity is.....

#78 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:20 PM

JR going up to the team and doing what mathias suggested and just firing rivera with no replacement.

JR: "well guys, i fired rivera because of that petition that more than 75 people signed saying i should.

Tell me again the benefit of having lame duck Rivera in there?

#79 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,151 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:22 PM

What makes you think the players give a fug about RR?

As a matter of fact, I would bet that they don't have any faith in his abilities whatsoever.

Shula would take over, not that hard of a question to answer actually.

#80 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,151 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:22 PM

Because it worked out so well with Fox!

#81 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,816 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:27 PM

tell me again how it makes things better by firing rivera with no clear plan for his replacement?

What makes you think the players give a fug about RR?

As a matter of fact, I would bet that they don't have any faith in his abilities whatsoever.

Shula would take over, not that hard of a question to answer actually.

ummm....don't know if they do or not. at this point i don't care one way or the other. what would make shula a decent replacement other than 1) he isn't rivera and 2) his last name is shula? and no...neither one of those choices are allowed because they are both irrational/illogical.

#82 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,151 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:31 PM

tell me again how it makes things better by firing rivera with no clear plan for his replacement?
ummm....don't know if they do or not. at this point i don't care one way or the other. what would make shula a decent replacement other than 1) he isn't rivera and 2) his last name is shula? and no...neither one of those choices are allowed because they are both irrational/illogical.

If you give Shula a chance you have the ability to evaluate someone who MAY be good.

If you stick with Rivera you are sticking with someone you KNOW sucks.

Not too complicated.

#83 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,190 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:39 PM

If you give Shula a chance you have the ability to evaluate someone who MAY be good.

If you stick with Rivera you are sticking with someone you KNOW sucks.

Not too complicated.

Quick, name an interim coach who took over a team, impressed enough to stick around as a head coach, and then went on to have a successful run.

#84 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:42 PM

Quick, name an interim coach who took over a team, impressed enough to stick around as a head coach, and then went on to have a successful run.

Successful run as in becoming the new head coach of the team the following year? All we need right now, is for Rivera to get out of town. That is it. No one expects the interim to be the next official coach.

#85 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,190 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:43 PM

The rest of the season is shot anyway. The worst thing we could do at this point is to potentially let an interim coach take over (and keep more elements of this current crappy system) and win a couple of games against crappy competition (which we have coming up with Philly, KC, SD, and Oakland on the calendar) which would delude people into thinking we have the answer when we don't. Case in point, Matt Moore as our QB in 2009, Romeo Crennel for the Chiefs in 2011, Mike Singeltary in SF, etc.

#86 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:47 PM

The rest of the season is shot anyway. The worst thing we could do at this point is to potentially let an interim coach take over (and keep more elements of this current crappy system) and win a couple of games against crappy competition (which we have coming up with Philly, KC, SD, and Oakland on the calendar) which would delude people into thinking we have the answer when we don't. Case in point, Matt Moore as our QB in 2009, Romeo Crennel for the Chiefs in 2011, Mike Singeltary in SF, etc.

Before I comment on that (I see where your coming from), how many of those organizations also were looking to bring in a new GM? Usually if a team needs a new GM, he is bringing in his own guys with him.

#87 Hugor Hill

Hugor Hill

It's not easy being drunk all the time

• HUDDLER
  • 2,144 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:50 PM

Rivera is in league with Chud. These two are tag team partners, the "new age outlaws". They are one and the same when it comes to this offense.

No. The New Age outlaws actually won titles. Rivera and Chud are more like the Bushwackers.

#88 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 8,151 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:57 PM

Eh, we definitely don't want this to happen.

My stance would be more for the morale of the players since Shula seems to have good rapport with the offense.(maybe he could command Chud to stop his nonsense and let Cam run a regular offense)

A new GM coming in would likely hire over Shula even if he did 'well' anyway.

Keeping Rivera guarantees us the most losses but it also guarantees the stunted growth of some of our young players.

#89 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,506 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:18 PM

Shula does have HC experience.collegiate level but still experience.

#90 Davis83

Davis83

Rebelling since 1753

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:14 PM

when is someone in that presser gonna finally ask a relevant question? I mean c'mon, ask what everyone wants to know - "do you honestly believe that the read option is the best offense for this team?" "why are we not running a Pro style offense and developing our young QB to run it?"

Those are the questions that should be getting asked - not Andy Reid crap!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.