97 replies to this topic

#91 jayflip

jayflip

vaya con dios

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,750 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:17 PM

when is someone in that presser gonna finally ask a relevant question? I mean c'mon, ask what everyone wants to know - "do you honestly believe that the read option is the best offense for this team?" "why are we not running a Pro style offense and developing our young QB to run it?"

Those are the questions that should be getting asked - not Andy Reid crap!

You know our beat writers better than that!

#92 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,589 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:58 PM

I'm curious, how many of you will continue to watch the Panthers play, now that JR doesn't have the guts to fire Rivera right now?

I'll watch every game, regardless.

Who would take over that will drastically impact the team.

#93 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • 6,873 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:11 PM

I will call the plays randomly using Head Coach '09. Clock control is simple. I'll be interim and do it for the low cost of $50,000.

#94 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,707 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:51 PM

I would think the players would still know how to play football, without Rivera being in their ears. They would still have a playbook, and practice game situations throughout the week. You could put a figure head on the sidelines, and let the players play. Honestly, I don't see Rivera winning another game. So what harm would it do not to have him on the sidelines? As the song goes, "I can do bad by myself".

unbelievable............

#95 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,100 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:52 PM

my god are we actually having a discussion on whether or not it makes sense to bench cam to start derek anderson? to "get cam ready" for next season? how the fug do you "get ready" for a season other than to take snaps? what's he gonna do polish his fuging cleats for next july?

if derek anderson was anything other than a serviceable backup and was truly a better option as a starter than cam newton in ANY context other than injury some QB-hungry team would have traded for him a long long time ago. i've read some inane discussions before but i'm in utter shock that this has lasted more than a page.

quit wasting the internets matthias.

#96 pinkfloyd

pinkfloyd

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:43 PM

Here's what I'd like to see:

Rivera fires Chud tonight. (the buck stops with him as HC, right?).

Rivera steps down tomorrow morning.

The team self-directs themselves through the end of the season.

Why not? Can't do worse, really. (In my dreams).

#97 Toolbox

Toolbox

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,556 posts
  • Locationnc

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:05 PM

fug it let smitty coach at least he has passion.

#98 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,534 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:20 PM

my god are we actually having a discussion on whether or not it makes sense to bench cam to start derek anderson? to "get cam ready" for next season? how the fug do you "get ready" for a season other than to take snaps? what's he gonna do polish his fuging cleats for next july?

if derek anderson was anything other than a serviceable backup and was truly a better option as a starter than cam newton in ANY context other than injury some QB-hungry team would have traded for him a long long time ago. i've read some inane discussions before but i'm in utter shock that this has lasted more than a page.

quit wasting the internets matthias.

it's almost comedic to read.

almost.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com