Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone here concerned with Cam's future (next year)?

114 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

To the contrary, every GM and Head Coach prospect will be drooling over the possibility of having Cam as the franchise QB .

Exactly! People who thinks that we may not be able to land a top tier GM or HC should not be worry.

We may end up with a better GM and or HC we didn't think we could land. Cam will be the main reason why.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

To the contrary, every GM and Head Coach prospect will be drooling over the possibility of having Cam as the franchise QB .

There were an awful lot of people in the NFL that were not sold on Cam coming out of the draft. He put up stats last year, but has struggled in crunch time and has a terrible record.

I don't think he is traded at all. But, with a new GM and HC likely coming to Charlotte....nothing is a given.

I for one want to see Cam have a season or two under a different staff to decide. I don't think Cam has really helped himself this year. But, this staff and their current offensive scheme have really been a detriment to his development.

Posted · Report post

Why would a new GM replace Cam as opposed to building on what we already have

This season already has showed you our OC is retarded and we need a top WR

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

There were an awful lot of people in the NFL that were not sold on Cam coming out of the draft. He put up stats last year, but has struggled in crunch time and has a terrible record.

I don't think he is traded at all. But, with a new GM and HC likely coming to Charlotte....nothing is a given.

I for one want to see Cam have a season or two under a different staff to decide. I don't think Cam has really helped himself this year. But, this staff and their current offensive scheme have really been a detriment to his development.

Didn't you say in the game thread yesterday that you had talked to a coach on our staff who said Cam cannot run a pro style offense?

If this is true, if that is the feeling; there might be problems going forward.

Posted · Report post

Exactly! People who thinks that we may not be able to land a top tier GM or HC should not be worry.

We may end up with a better GM and or HC we didn't think we could land. Cam will be the main reason why.

i said somewhere else something similar to this. i also think the fact that we've got someone like accorsi working with us that it gives us more respectability than we would otherwise have.

there are several things in place that would make this a solid location for a good GM and HC.

Posted · Report post

Didn't you say in the game thread yesterday that you had talked to a coach on our staff who said Cam cannot run a pro style offense?

key words...coach on our staff.

they've pretty much proven to be incompetent, have they not?

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

key words...coach on our staff.

they've pretty much proven to be incompetent, have they not?

Oh I agree, and I have no doubt that once a coach reaches the NFL ranks they are insufferable assholes who are tough nuts to crack in terms of adopting change. They're always right. I mean how hard headed is Chud and Rivera at this point? No one knows better than them!

Posted · Report post

i said somewhere else something similar to this. i also think the fact that we've got someone like accorsi working with us that it gives us more respectability than we would otherwise have.

there are several things in place that would make this a solid location for a good GM and HC.

Exactly. Not only Cam, we have players like CJ, Beason, Kuechly on Defense and Gross, Olsen, Stewart/Dwill, 89 on Offense.

Anyone think Fisher wouldn't be drooling all over us this offseason over his Rams?

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

You really think so?

I just don't see who we would bring in here, be it a veteran like Jason Campbell or Mark Sanchez or even having the pick of the litter of Barkley, Geno Smith, etc. who is going to have a higher upside than Cam or even come close.

It would be a horrible business move to move on from the guy who had the greatest rookie season of all time just a yea rremoved from that season, I think.

I think any GM brought in should be brought in with the condition of "you are going to build around cam newton, every piece he will need you will go out and acquire".

I think it works in Cam's favor that Accorsi is heading up this search. Think about it, and I only know this because I married into a Giants family but they all thought nothing of Eli Manning when Accorsi was there. They wanted Eli burned at the stake in 2005, 2006. Even the tail end of 2007, there were SERIOUS concerns with Eli's play. You think Cam has bad days? Eli would show up some games and would go 15 of 45, or throw 4 INT's. There was talk he couldn't play in the meadowlands because of the wind. His mechanics were bad. But Accorsi NEVER wavered on Eli. Eli goes on to win that Superbowl at the end of the 2007 season, the rest is history. I think Accorsi is of that stance with Newton; that's just my opinion. But I don't think Accorsi would dump on Newton. I think he knows and has told Richardson that something special exists here with our QB and he's going to bring in a guy who builds around Newton.

I am a huge Cam fan and would hate to see anything like that happen. All I'm saying is its the NFL and anything can happen.

Posted · Report post

The cap hit from moving Bradford would have been too high, and the contract was too much for another team to take, given that the jury is still out on whether the 2010 NFL offensive rookie of the year will justify the huge financial investment.

Given that the jury is still out on whether the 2011 NFL offensive rookie of the year will become a franchise quarterback, the next regime in Carolina may want to go in a different direction.

I know this is a glorified blog and everything but are there no editors on board?

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Lol. Lol

Posted · Report post

I'd rather keep Rivera and having Cam suffer here than having to watch the next GM and HC trade away a pro bowl and Franchise QB in Cam.