Photo
- - - - -

Anyone here concerned with Cam's future (next year)?

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#46 beach

beach

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,182 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:23 PM

He'll most definitely be here but I'm just so uneasy about his future in general because of this damn organization it's beyond him but at the same time all about him since he's the face of it all. We gave him the keys to a car sucked in a twister without Helen Hunt or Bill Paxton.

#47 mcribbz

mcribbz

Lookin' 4 a qb

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:01 PM

You guys keep talking about last year. everyone's offensive numbers were up last year. and I have also heard it repeated by many that cam just can't run a pro style o, and, he has done nothing this season to prove them wrong. given his immaturity. and all of the basic coaching he needs, hell have you paid attention to his footwork. the superstar u guys are praying for is just not there and I for one hope the new gm sees it and does something about it before we waste to much time in something that's not gonna work.

#48 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• HUDDLER
  • 2,302 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:04 PM

That douche Marc Taylor on the drive said an inside "source" told him its a possibility the Panthers will look to draft the QB from NCstate and if Cam doesn't turn it around they will make a change.....

Haaaaaa but for what that's worth, not much. I hate the Drive

#49 grateflday

grateflday

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:18 PM

The building of this franchise and turn around will occur with Cam Newton as the QB..... or at least the next GM and Coaching staff will be trying to do that. Cam has not been perfect, but fix this teams other issues and his will solve themselves. I actually think Cam and this offense is better when they actually run a traditional offense... the problem is they barely do that.

#50 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,495 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:52 PM

You guys keep talking about last year. everyone's offensive numbers were up last year. and I have also heard it repeated by many that cam just can't run a pro style o, and, he has done nothing this season to prove them wrong. given his immaturity. and all of the basic coaching he needs, hell have you paid attention to his footwork. the superstar u guys are praying for is just not there and I for one hope the new gm sees it and does something about it before we waste to much time in something that's not gonna work.

Cam can't run a pro style O? Really?

What do you think he was running last year when he put up record numbers? What do you think he ran in our 1 successful scoring drive in the first half against Denver?

Ironically, you could make a much better case that he is adept at a pro style offense, but struggles when put in a system more like what colleges are running now (spread, read option, etc.).

#51 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 7,021 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:14 PM

Watching GOATCam post about Cam is like watching an abusive relationship. One minute Cam sucks, Cam's terrible, Cam needs to go, the very next minute Cam's junk is deep down his throat once again. For him to call himself "objective" is laughable at best. Objectivity is not going from one extreme to the other, every other day.

Thats the life of following the NFL sweetheart. And its not quite that bad.

#52 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

• HUDDLER
  • 7,021 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:16 PM

That douche Marc Taylor on the drive said an inside "source" told him its a possibility the Panthers will look to draft the QB from NCstate and if Cam doesn't turn it around they will make a change.....

Haaaaaa but for what that's worth, not much. I hate the Drive

was it Taylor Zarzour or Marc James?

#53 BIGH2001

BIGH2001

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,371 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:17 PM

Who would we replace him with? There isn't an Andrew Luck in this draft and no team is going to throw away a potential franchise qb for a career backup.

#54 Avacashay

Avacashay

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:41 PM

Thats the life of following the NFL sweetheart. And its not quite that bad.

You lie. It IS that bad.

And no that's not the life of following the NFL. That's the life of being faaaar too invested in ONE player.

#55 Pimpdaddy

Pimpdaddy

takin it as it comes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:48 PM

...I wont worry about Cam if he improves his accuracy, becomes a leader, learns to play the PR game and dont take another players TD ball and give it away...he has a year plus to take care of it...

#56 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,779 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:49 PM

Didn't you say in the game thread yesterday that you had talked to a coach on our staff who said Cam cannot run a pro style offense?

If this is true, if that is the feeling; there might be problems going forward.

It was an ex coach but yes that was what he said....that Cam really struggles reading defenses.

#57 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,779 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:52 PM

Cam can't run a pro style O? Really?

What do you think he was running last year when he put up record numbers? What do you think he ran in our 1 successful scoring drive in the first half against Denver?

Ironically, you could make a much better case that he is adept at a pro style offense, but struggles when put in a system more like what colleges are running now (spread, read option, etc.).

He said that Cam struggles reading defenses and that the team us trying to give him an offense that was as comfortable to him as they could make it. A lot of the stuff that he ran in college.

Also go back and look at last year. Most if his stats came I. The first 8 games when teams stacked the box because they did not think he could pass. In the second half of last season and so far this season, they are playing him differently. And, his stats have fallen off big time.

#58 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,779 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:56 PM

Can't see this happening.

We have no further to look than Tampa Bay 2011 as a blueprint for 2nd year QB struggles and the success that can follow when a QB is given an offseason under a new staff.

You don't toss away a talent like Cam. You surround him with a capable offensive line and a coaching staff that will invest the time to develop him and will put him on a path to become a very good QB in this league, by catering the offense to his skill set.

I don't think anyone here thinks it is likely. But with a new GM and HC...combined with how many in the NFL were not sold on him...it is a possibility.

I hope they don't give up on him too soon. I would like to see him under a different coaching regime to prove he us what we all hope or think he is.

#59 Pimpdaddy

Pimpdaddy

takin it as it comes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,871 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:56 PM

was it Taylor Zarzour or Marc James?

....it doesn't matter, two of the biggest morons that ever sat behind a mircophone...

#60 mcdougal

mcdougal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:03 PM

He said that Cam struggles reading defenses and that the team us trying to give him an offense that was as comfortable to him as they could make it. A lot of the stuff that he ran in college.

Also go back and look at last year. Most if his stats came I. The first 8 games when teams stacked the box because they did not think he could pass. In the second half of last season and so far this season, they are playing him differently. And, his stats have fallen off big time.

Wait. You mean when the Panthers started to take the air out of the ball because we started to score more points? That it what is so funny about people who point this out...they fail to mention the panthers started winning more, scoring more, and rushing for more yards...in fact, they started to have more yard total generally in the last portion of the year...

You think that is why is numbers fell? He started to ATTEMPT less passes and Chud started to run less.

Please...again...log off...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com