Photo
- - - - -

Anyone here concerned with Cam's future (next year)?

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#61 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,837 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:08 PM

I stopped reading after Mike Florio has been spewing...the guy's an idiot

#62 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,092 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:09 PM

Wait. You mean when the Panthers started to take the air out of the ball because we started to score more points? That it what is so funny about people who point this out...they fail to mention the panthers started winning more, scoring more, and rushing for more yards...in fact, they started to have more yard total generally in the last portion of the year...

You think that is why is numbers fell? He started to ATTEMPT less passes and Chud started to run less.

Please...again...log off...

Let me say this slowly so EVEN you can understand it.

What I said was what I was told by a Panthers coach. It is not my opinion.

#63 Avacashay

Avacashay

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:10 PM

LOL @ anyone who believes madhatter's story.

#64 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 17,092 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:12 PM

LOL @ anyone who believes madhatter's story.

Believe what you want, but he lives in my neighborhood.

And, laughing at you if you think I care what some loser like you on the Internet believes.

#65 Gucci Mane

Gucci Mane

Trap God

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,673 posts
  • LocationKitchen

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:17 PM

And, laughing at you if you think I care what some loser like you on the Internet believes.

Well obviously he doesn't know what hes talking about beacuse he is now an 'ex' coach, and not a coach. And football defenses arent some concept that you either get or you dont, you have to study and learn them. If we dont have a coach willing to force this down newtons throat, then he will never get better.

#66 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed Moncrief 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,267 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:20 PM

and why would he tell you of all people this tidbit of info?that might also explains why at times you see him go threw progressions when reading defenses.

#67 Baby Andy Reid

Baby Andy Reid

finally someone fatter than Alice

• HUDDLER
  • 2,911 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:21 PM

Not concerned he will be traded. I am concerned he won't bring us a superbowl though. He has to improve in the redzone and end of games.

#68 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 17,092 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:22 PM

Well obviously he doesn't know what hes talking about beacuse he is now an 'ex' coach, and not a coach. And football defenses arent some concept that you either get or you dont, you have to study and learn them. If we dont have a coach willing to force this down newtons throat, then he will never get better.

All he said is that Cam really struggles reading defenses right now and that the current staff is trying to make it easier for him. He did not say that he thought he could not learn.....Just that he has gotten by in the past by being the best athlete in the field, including at Auburn. He had never really had to be a student if the game in the past and now he is struggling with that part if it.

It is just a part if the game that he now has to learn and work hard on.

#69 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 17,092 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:24 PM

and why would he tell you of all people this tidbit of info?that might also explains why at times you see him go threw progressions when reading defenses.

Because he is no longer with the team and I asked him a legit question. He did not bash Cam in any way. He just gave his honest opinion to the question I asked.

I have talked to him many times in the neighborhood.

He really had nothing to lose by being honest.

#70 TopCat

TopCat

Swerve

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:28 PM

I'm sorry but If we got rid of Cam I would have to find a new team. No way you can give up on such a talent so young in his career.

#71 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 17,092 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:29 PM

You do realize that going through your progressions and reading defenses are two completely different things.

Reading the defense is recognizing what the defense is doing before the snap. Seeing the coverage scheme...seeing where the blitz is coming...understanding what the defense is trying to do based on formations and movements.

Going through your progressions is quickly moving to your second, third, and fourth options if the previous ones are not open.

Not even close to the same things.

#72 Avacashay

Avacashay

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:29 PM

I'm a loser but you've resorted to making up stories on the internet.

Posted Image

#73 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 17,092 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:30 PM

I'm sorry but If we got rid of Cam I would have to find a new team. No way you can give up on such a talent so young in his career.

I completely agree. Everyone knew he was still raw in certain aspects if the game when he was drafted. I always thought it would take 3-4 seasons for him to fully develop his game. And I still think that is accurate.

#74 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 17,092 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:32 PM

I'm a loser but you've resorted to making up stories on the internet.

Posted Image

Like I said...believe what you want. Makes no difference to me.

Just because you don't know anyone related to the team does not mean that others don't too.

#75 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,345 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:35 PM

All he said is that Cam really struggles reading defenses right now and that the current staff is trying to make it easier for him. He did not say that he thought he could not learn.....Just that he has gotten by in the past by being the best athlete in the field, including at Auburn. He had never really had to be a student if the game in the past and now he is struggling with that part if it.

It is just a part if the game that he now has to learn and work hard on.

I don't find it unusual a coach would tell you that, or that it's really unusual a QB with as little real experience as Cam has would have difficulty reading defenses. He has a lot of catching up to do after just 1 year in the SEC and 1 in the NFL.

That said, I don't get the people that say he can't run a "pro style" offense as that is the style in which he has performed best. His performance declined when we went from 55% or 60% shotgun with 2 TE's and a more balanced attack to 80%+ shotgun, a single TE, lots of read option and a very unsuccessful running game.

Rather than focus on developing him further as a QB, they choose to dumb things down, and all that's done is hurt his game. Let him learn just like everyone else. It's not like what we're doing is working anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.