Photo
- - - - -

Ugly personnel decisions on the way

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
121 replies to this topic

#25 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:55 PM

I agree. The older Fox boys gotta go....except for Smith IMO....I don't want to think about LaFell and Murphy being our 1 & 2 options

#26 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

HUDDLER

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:56 PM

that is more of the same.....

our leaders are Gross, Smith, Gamble, etc......and everyone talks about how leadership in Carolina had be horrible. Front office guys. Coaches. etc.

We need to be gutted of the Fox era boys. If you played in a NFCCG with Fox......it is time to go.

Guess we'll have to just disagree... I think Smitty has more left in him than just "some aging WR with an attitude."

I didn't say Godfrey wasn't overpaid, but I don't think you're gonna replace his level of play if you cut him. Pretty much the same thing with Gross. If he retires or we cut him, are we gonna draft a LT with our #1 pick? We'd pretty much have to.

#27 panfan32

panfan32

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:13 PM

James Anderson has been underwhelming, he's the one who have up the td yesterday.
Cut him

Ron Edwards is an easy decision to cut.

Gross should be forced to retire.

Trade/cut Dwill

Are you kidding me. One blown play where he sliped and busted his face and your ready to cut him. The thing about james is, hes a very consistant players and makes very few mistakes. You keep him

Ron Edwards? why do you think CJ and Hardy are having good years? The Edwards duo are taking pressure off of them to make plays. Oh and BTW, in a 4-3, its the LB's job to stop the run, its the DT jobs to try and stuff the running lanes.

#28 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

HUDDLER

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:20 PM

Having met Beason, he is our Ray Lewis on Defense, he's the Defenses Capt and true leader, I think Zod will agree with me on that with him also having spent time around him.

I think cutting Beason would be a huge mistake, yes he hasn't been around lately but the guy when he gets back healthy again will be a force to reckon with. I still think he's our best player on defense when healthy.

Gamble may be old but he's our best CB, and with the way our backfield is right now it needs all the help it can get.

#29 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

HUDDLER

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:25 PM

Are you kidding me. One blown play where he sliped and busted his face and your ready to cut him. The thing about james is, hes a very consistant players and makes very few mistakes. You keep him

Ron Edwards? why do you think CJ and Hardy are having good years? The Edwards duo are taking pressure off of them to make plays. Oh and BTW, in a 4-3, its the LB's job to stop the run, its the DT jobs to try and stuff the running lanes.

You have to get rid of household name players, face it. Whether you like it or not, some good players will be gone. Ron Edwards is old and we can replace him in FA easily.

#30 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

MFCEO

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:25 PM

Its threads like this that remind me how glad I am that people on internet message boards don't make any real decisions.

#31 Fox007

Fox007

HUDDLER

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:28 PM

Its threads like this that remind me how glad I am that people on internet message boards don't make any real decisions.

It's GMs like Hurney that make me question people who are put in the positions they are.

#32 Pimpdaddy

Pimpdaddy

takin it as it comes

HUDDLER

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:31 PM

Gross... meh, again, who's gonna replace him?

For 12 mill we can get any 4 mofo's with an upside...Fricken Hurney has this team so hamstrung its going to take a minimum of 2 years to dig outta this mess...

#33 panfan32

panfan32

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:32 PM

Look hers my list of players that you will see leave this off season.

Dwill HB $8.7M
Gamble CB $9.75M
Murphy WR $1.26M
Clausen QB $815K
Brokel FB/TE $465K
A Edwards WR $668K
Munnerlyn CB $1.323M
Martin FS $850K
Beason LB $5.50M I dont see him staying or wanting to stay if Luke stays MLB
Gross OT $11.5M Will be cut or they attempt to redue his contract $11.5 this season
Hartsock TE $1.040M

Thats almost $42M off the cap that we can do without. Due to age or skills or the fact we do noit need 3 QB's, 4-5 TE's and so on

#34 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

HUDDLER

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:33 PM

I would move Gamble to FS like Ronde.

#35 Fox007

Fox007

HUDDLER

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:33 PM

For 12 mill we can get any 4 mofo's with an upside...Fricken Hurney has this team so hamstrung its going to take a minimum of 2 years to dig outta this mess...

Didn't you hear?

Hurney was a GM, therefore he knew what he was doing, or he wouldn't have been in that position!

#36 Sloth

Sloth

idk

HUDDLER

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:35 PM

Beason will be playing at WLB for us next season. Anderson will be rotational unless he fills in somewhere due to injury.

Gross will be starting at LT next season. If we draft a Tackle high, expect them to displace Bell and for us to work him over to LT within a year or two.

I can never read Gamble. I think he stays just because he's by far our best corner and a new GM/coach isn't going to want to hamstring the team. That said, he's been injured quite a bit the last few seasons and doesn't seem overly passionate about the game.

Godfrey is decent but makes a lot of money. Not sure.

DWill is gone.

If Smith wants to be here he will be. Maybe shifted over to slot, but the decision to stay or go will be his to make.