121 replies to this topic

#61 Pimpdaddy

Pimpdaddy

takin it as it comes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:24 PM

Exactly. He needs to restructure, but I don't think it's time to part ways with him just yet. He is like TD: Far too talented when healthy to let him go until we're sure he's absolutely done for.

.... somebody needs to get a fkin pencil and paper and start jotting this sht down...

#62 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,235 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:36 PM

Yeah yeah yeah guaranteed money and all that. blah blah blah.... The funds that I threw up were an attempt ot show how stupid the GM was. DWll hit is due to the time of his contract (remaining time). Sam thing with Beason who signed his extension the same year as Dwill new contract. So yes I do know how it works very much so. But there are ways around these things and ways to stretch the hit out a little bit.

By a little bit do you mean two years? Because that's the most you can stretch it out. Like I said, DeAngelo and Beason are HUGE cap hits to cut or restructure.....

#63 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,395 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:47 PM

Truth hurts sometimes. But we will literally have no WR core if he leaves/retires

We have a ton of issues to address...and it's looking like they all won't be fixed this offseason

Blowing poo up doesn't mean you don't bring new bodies in....

New GM/coach isn't gonna keep the Hurney bunch together and just look to plug the existing holes. That mindset is why we suck currently.

We go get and start building our new WR core. Smith doesn't represent what you build around.....he represents the past and brings package that is tough on a new era.

#64 Actionman0z

Actionman0z

Strong Member

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:50 PM

If we hire another Cleveland Brown cast off I am going to kill everyone in the world.

#65 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,395 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:50 PM

Having met Beason, he is our Ray Lewis on Defense, he's the Defenses Capt and true leader, I think Zod will agree with me on that with him also having spent time around him.

I think cutting Beason would be a huge mistake, yes he hasn't been around lately but the guy when he gets back healthy again will be a force to reckon with. I still think he's our best player on defense when healthy.

Gamble may be old but he's our best CB, and with the way our backfield is right now it needs all the help it can get.

only he isn't.....Beason goes to IR, Luke steps in and the D looks better than it has overall in years.

We should restructure and ask him to play OLB. He can be a huge asset going forward. But he is no Ray Lewis.....and is no longer our MLB

#66 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,395 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:56 PM

By a little bit do you mean two years? Because that's the most you can stretch it out. Like I said, DeAngelo and Beason are HUGE cap hits to cut or restructure.....

Going to have to selectively take some hits. Only way to work out of this mess....and change the team,

#67 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,395 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:59 PM

Its threads like this that remind me how glad I am that people on internet message boards don't make any real decisions.

Yeah, good thing we had guys like Hurney instead paying RBs more than any team in NFL history for a staff that wanted little to do with them.....

Hurney knows more than all of us.....but sometimes smart people can't see the forest bc of the trees. NFL is no exception to life. Lot of flawed people doing obvious dumb things are easy to find.

#68 Pimpdaddy

Pimpdaddy

takin it as it comes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,897 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:32 PM

If we hire another Cleveland Brown cast off I am going to kill everyone in the world.

No doubt.....

#69 uncpanther

uncpanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:38 PM

only he isn't.....Beason goes to IR, Luke steps in and the D looks better than it has overall in years.

We should restructure and ask him to play OLB. He can be a huge asset going forward. But he is no Ray Lewis.....and is no longer our MLB

This exactly what I said after week 2 or 3 and got flamed. keek came in and provided an instant spark for the defense. I loved Beason as much as the next guy but he is done as far as the MLB spot goes, he may be done in general.
Like others have said he will have to take a pay cut next year and move outside and hope that he can regain some of his former self.

Here is my prediction:
Restructured:
Beason (moved outside or backup role)
Gamble
Gross
Anderson (may be cut if he doesn't restructure)
Williams (may be cut if he doesn't restructure)
Stewart
Charles Johnson

Cut:
Murphy
Gettis
Tolbert
Clausen ( I believe his contract is up anyway)
Nakamura
Probably a few surprises
We will probably not be able to resign Hardy unless those huge contracts above are fixed

Will be going WR with 1st pick and then draft OL

#70 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,395 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:43 PM

This exactly what I said after week 2 or 3 and got flamed. keek came in and provided an instant spark for the defense. I loved Beason as much as the next guy but he is done as far as the MLB spot goes, he may be done in general.
Like others have said he will have to take a pay cut next year and move outside and hope that he can regain some of his former self.

Here is my prediction:
Restructured:
Beason (moved outside or backup role)
Gamble
Gross
Anderson (may be cut if he doesn't restructure)
Williams (may be cut if he doesn't restructure)
Stewart
Charles Johnson

Cut:
Murphy
Gettis
Tolbert
Clausen ( I believe his contract is up anyway)
Nakamura
Probably a few surprises
We will probably not be able to resign Hardy unless those huge contracts above are fixed

Will be going WR with 1st pick and then draft OL

we are going to part with a lot more than just the current scrubs like a Nakamura and Clausen.

Those guys aren't the actual Hunrey roster.....new GM is going to blow it up to a degree and that usually means vets that can still play but a clean break is needed.

#71 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,848 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:56 PM

James Anderson has been underwhelming, he's the one who have up the td yesterday.
Cut him
Are you serious right now? Cut one of our most consistent and best line backers?!
Ron Edwards is an easy decision to cut.
He's not counting much against the cap either way. He's working for the vet minimum...
Gross should be forced to retire.
I doubt this happens at all. I agree he's old, but what good will him retiring do for us? Who's going to take his spot? Bell? Campbell? Top 5 draft choice? This is the only feasible thing you've said.

Trade/cut Dwill
This dead horse again. Dwill will not be cut, traded? Maybe, huge maybe if a team will take on his contract. But what team will take on that huge contract for an aging RB? Best case scenario you get a mid round pick for him, if that. Come draft day if the new GM can swing a deal, I'll be surprised. Best case scenario, he restructures and stays with us. Cutting him will mean that they have to eat a sufficient amount of cash that was thrown at him.

I can't believe you said to cut JA...reminds me of the time you said we should cut Gamble. That was fun.

#72 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,467 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:09 PM

I can't believe you said to cut JA...reminds me of the time you said we should cut Gamble. That was fun.

I actually meant trade.

#73 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,601 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:09 PM

You guys that think we are going to bring in a new GM, someone that doesn't have our homer glasses on, someone that sees this has been a losing organization for the last 3 years, and he is going to keep everyone around with just a few restructures? Seriously, think about what you're saying.

There will be no sacred cows. Well, maybe Cam, Keek and a few others, but in general no one is going to be safe. Some of your favorite players are likely not going to be Panthers going into next season, so you might as well get used to the idea now.

Frankly, I would be extremely disappointed if we went into next year with all our "stars" from this year. Those guys aren't getting the job done, and haven't for the last 3 years.

#74 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,467 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:10 PM

Out of our three starting linebackers, JA is the weak link. That doesn't require a genius to figure that out.

#75 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,246 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:28 PM

Quit worrying about the cap. Havent you guys seen Richardson's pie charts?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com