Ugly personnel decisions on the way

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#106 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,372 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:58 PM

The next Urlacher, get the fug outta here, he is okay for now hopefully he will continue to get better as each game goes bye but I wouldn't go that far.

Luke is 4 tackles away from leading the NFL......and he was on the sidelines huge chunks of games early this season.

What exactly does the next Urlacher look like as a rookie?

#107 jayflip

jayflip

vaya con dios

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,776 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:01 PM

I'll give you Hartwig and Lucas is on the bubble. This is over an 18 year period. Thats virtually NONE, in terms of how teams in this League operate, no?

Oh I can say without a doubt that we have ignored FA to a fault. "21 out of 22 returning starters" from a shitty squad predictably never worked. Ever.

I was just providing semi-recent examples that we have indeed signed high prices free agents. And Kemo was a big name that year. Wahle was that year what Gross would be this offseason if we cut him.

#108 jayflip

jayflip

vaya con dios

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,776 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:03 PM

Luke is 4 tackles away from leading the NFL......and he was on the sidelines huge chunks of games early this season.

What exactly does the next Urlacher look like as a rookie?

Some people are clueless. Like myself, most people didn't want us to draft Luke, but at least the large majority of us can accept the fact that Luke was the best pick our franchise could have made in that scenario.

#109 Monday Night Shyamalan

Monday Night Shyamalan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts
  • LocationHollyweird, CA

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:04 PM

The next Urlacher, get the fug outta here, he is okay for now hopefully he will continue to get better as each game goes bye but I wouldn't go that far.

Sure it's a bold statement ... but i'm standing by it.

#110 KittyCity

KittyCity

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:16 PM

Btw, Kris Jenkins and Chris Harris were traded....both starters.

Jenks was half a cripple, and Harris had fallen way out of favor. Technically starters, yeah.. Crucial starters? Not even close. They were both COMPLETELY. Expendable.

#111 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,465 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:27 PM

Jenks was half a cripple, and Harris had fallen way out of favor. Technically starters, yeah.. Crucial starters? Not even close. They were both COMPLETELY. Expendable.

Really? Cause Harris had two great seasons with the bears and Jenkins had a great season with the jets.

#112 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,699 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:33 PM

Really? Cause Harris had two great seasons with the bears and Jenkins had a great season with the jets.

And we haven't had a dominat DT since Jenk was traded. It had to do more with his attitude than his play.

#113 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,661 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:41 PM

Edwards, Gamble, and Gross are gone.

Beason will be restructured.

I would look for other cuts as well...players on the lower end where the new GM feels he can find better players for similar or lesser money. Our team is going to look a lot different next year. I don't think Smitty will be cut but nothing is out of the question.

#114 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,232 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:12 PM

Cutting Williams would big picture.....cutting him before June first would help a lot in 2014. Gonna eat it in 2013. New GM is gonna have to eat some of it in order to build his team.

I suspect a lot of moves will be made with 2014 in mind more than 2013. Hurney left a mess with "his" guys.

Agree completely....

#115 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,835 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:11 AM

Anderson plays OLB too, lol. He played many snaps last year because we had injured players. If Anderson was as great as some of you think, then it would be no problem to pull out Davis on the snaps in which we only have two LB's.

Davis and Kuechly make STOPS, Anderson may every now and then. But not like them.

One is weak side and one is strong side. Anderson has played all of them.

Cutting him or trading him is ridiculous. Restructuring his contract would be the ideal thing to do.

You're also putting a lot of stock on Davis. One bad move or play. He goes down. Then what? Phillips, Senn? You're really going to trust them over anderson? I don't think so buddy.

#116 section543

section543

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:24 AM

the same people calling for all these players to be cut/traded or whatever.................

will be the same ones saying we have no leadership next season.

True, but how would that be different from this season? Where's the leadership now?

I'm for taking a gamble on releasing as many "talented" players as possible, and starting with young hungry guys. I'd rather see effort, emotion and underdog scenarios than pay to watch what we've seen the last few years.

#117 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,960 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:39 AM

And we haven't had a dominat DT since Jenk was traded. It had to do more with his attitude than his play.

jenkins played half a season after that.....then injuries forced him out of the NFL.

We got a 3rd for a player who played half a year. We traded him at the right time.

#118 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,960 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:41 AM

Edwards, Gamble, and Gross are gone.

Beason will be restructured.

I would look for other cuts as well...players on the lower end where the new GM feels he can find better players for similar or lesser money. Our team is going to look a lot different next year. I don't think Smitty will be cut but nothing is out of the question.

Ron Edwards is worth every penny of that $3M contract.

Does anyone remember how bad our DT's were before he got here? And now you think he should be cut? Ridiculous.

Gamble and Gross will probably be restructured.....not released (unless they won't restructure).

#119 PantherBrew

PantherBrew

Educated White Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,056 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:57 AM

I think we are all missing the biggest question...

How can we afford to extend Armanti???!?!

*ducks*

#120 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,355 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:51 AM

I just want to throw up. Marty dug us in an Obama-class hole

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com