• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#71 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

Keep Pounding...all the way to...the draft! :D

• LocationNC
SUPPORTER

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:56 PM

James Anderson has been underwhelming, he's the one who have up the td yesterday.
Cut him
Are you serious right now? Cut one of our most consistent and best line backers?!
Ron Edwards is an easy decision to cut.
He's not counting much against the cap either way. He's working for the vet minimum...
Gross should be forced to retire.
I doubt this happens at all. I agree he's old, but what good will him retiring do for us? Who's going to take his spot? Bell? Campbell? Top 5 draft choice? This is the only feasible thing you've said.

Trade/cut Dwill
This dead horse again. Dwill will not be cut, traded? Maybe, huge maybe if a team will take on his contract. But what team will take on that huge contract for an aging RB? Best case scenario you get a mid round pick for him, if that. Come draft day if the new GM can swing a deal, I'll be surprised. Best case scenario, he restructures and stays with us. Cutting him will mean that they have to eat a sufficient amount of cash that was thrown at him.

I can't believe you said to cut JA...reminds me of the time you said we should cut Gamble. That was fun.

#72 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:09 PM

I can't believe you said to cut JA...reminds me of the time you said we should cut Gamble. That was fun.

I actually meant trade.

#73 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

HUDDLER

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:09 PM

You guys that think we are going to bring in a new GM, someone that doesn't have our homer glasses on, someone that sees this has been a losing organization for the last 3 years, and he is going to keep everyone around with just a few restructures? Seriously, think about what you're saying.

There will be no sacred cows. Well, maybe Cam, Keek and a few others, but in general no one is going to be safe. Some of your favorite players are likely not going to be Panthers going into next season, so you might as well get used to the idea now.

Frankly, I would be extremely disappointed if we went into next year with all our "stars" from this year. Those guys aren't getting the job done, and haven't for the last 3 years.

#74 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

HUDDLER

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:10 PM

Out of our three starting linebackers, JA is the weak link. That doesn't require a genius to figure that out.

#75 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

SUPPORTER

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:28 PM

Quit worrying about the cap. Havent you guys seen Richardson's pie charts?

#76 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

• LocationNC
SUPPORTER

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:33 PM

Out of our three starting linebackers, JA is the weak link. That doesn't require a genius to figure that out.

Apparently it takes a genius to figure out that you need to see the whole body of work, not just one game.

#77 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

HUDDLER

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:43 PM

Apparently it takes a genius to figure out that you need to see the whole body of work, not just one game.

Davis and Kuechly play most of our defensive snaps.

Why?

Because they're our best backers.

#78 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

• LocationNC
SUPPORTER

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:45 PM

Davis and Kuechly play most of our defensive snaps.

Why?

Because they're our best backers.

..or they play MLB and OLB....lol logic is lost I see.

#79 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

HUDDLER

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:08 PM

Going to have to selectively take some hits. Only way to work out of this mess....and change the team,

Oh I agree we're going to have to make some tough decisions, but cutting guys like Beason and DeAngelo (or even restructuring them for that matter) will not free up cap at all....

#80 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

HUDDLER

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:08 PM

..or they play MLB and OLB....lol logic is lost I see.

Anderson plays OLB too, lol. He played many snaps last year because we had injured players. If Anderson was as great as some of you think, then it would be no problem to pull out Davis on the snaps in which we only have two LB's.

Davis and Kuechly make STOPS, Anderson may every now and then. But not like them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users