• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,938 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:22 PM

A few of you need to take off your tin foil hats.

#17 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,393 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:32 PM

and for the record...I believe Doug Martin scored too.

I think he scored as well.....but they couldn't overturn it without the visual evidence. bad call on the field....but they were right in not overturning it.

#18 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,512 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:27 PM

Honestly...how hard is it to put a wire in football lining to track forward progress with respect to side view?

It's near impossible to see when a player crosses the goalline in those inches/goal situations. At least you'd have the graphical interface to contrast to elbows/knees that you might be able to see.

#19 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:24 PM

Am I the only one that thought it looked like V Jax bobbled the ball a little on his TD that tied it? The camera angle that showed his front made it seem like the ball was moving while he was cradling it as he almost hit the goal post.

#20 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,136 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:37 PM

Honestly...how hard is it to put a wire in football lining to track forward progress with respect to side view?

It's near impossible to see when a player crosses the goalline in those inches/goal situations. At least you'd have the graphical interface to contrast to elbows/knees that you might be able to see.

It's pretty tough when you're concerned with the durability of the sensor or its impact on the weight and balance of the ball. Add those concerns with the fact that you would create a detector that could cast a detection zone no wider than the stripe on the ground up to say 10 feet and detect the sensor in the tip of the ball to within a half an inch and its getting kind of tricky.

#21 TopCat

TopCat

Swerve

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:08 PM

I was wondering about the Steve Smith pass interference were the Bucs initially declined it which would have gave us a TD, but they didn't know that so they were able to change their mind.
Are you allowed to change your mind?

#22 usmcpanthers

usmcpanthers

Professional Lurker

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,704 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:11 PM

I dont know how they didin call the low hit on cam on smith"s pi call. That should of been offsetting penalities and a td.

#23 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 3,503 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:15 PM

I dont know how they didin call the low hit on cam on smith"s pi call. That should of been offsetting penalities and a td.

Offsetting penalties would've resulted in a replay of the down.

#24 usmcpanthers

usmcpanthers

Professional Lurker

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,704 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:17 PM

Yeah your right, my bad. Still another chance to score would be better then medlock fg chances

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com