Photo
- - - - -

Why does Zod hate church so much?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
75 replies to this topic

#31 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 02:53 PM

^^^^^Winner. It will be interesting to see the responses.

not winnar. not even close. religion isn't evil, nor is it stupid, it's people who don't understand the fundamental aspects of their own teachings that are the problem. Love everyone? fug yea!.... except all the groups of people that are on this list.

Stupid people are stupid no matter what. People who are intelligent, regardless of their religious affiliation understand that the world is not black and white, nor can it be.

#32 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,925 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 02:54 PM

Alot of people on here have enough disgust for those with religion that it would be easy for me to form the opnion that they view the religious as racists and/or bigots.

well that's just assigning views to people. i don't think that and i don't know anyone who does.

#33 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 03:00 PM

This has turned into a fun topic!

#34 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,234 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 03:03 PM

not winnar. not even close. religion isn't evil, nor is it stupid, it's people who don't understand the fundamental aspects of their own teachings that are the problem. Love everyone? fug yea!.... except all the groups of people that are on this list.

Stupid people are stupid no matter what. People who are intelligent, regardless of their religious affiliation understand that the world is not black and white, nor can it be.

And I'm supposed to believe that you understand what I've learned in church? Never saw a list of people to hate at my church. The world was never painted as black and white in my church. (Although, I'd like to point out that the world was painted black and white in President The Barry Obama's church.) I haven't been to my church in quite sometime though, so maybe they have an addendum "list of who to hate" in the back of the New Testament now?

Edited by SouthCakPanther, 28 May 2009 - 03:06 PM.

#35 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 20,234 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 03:05 PM

This has turned into a fun topic!

Like you didn't know it would..... :conehead:

#36 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 03:06 PM

And so the self righteous martyrs are at it again. Oh poor me. Someone questioned the validity of the claims made in my religious dogma. Why must everyone hate me. WHOA-UZ-ME

Pretty silly really.

#37 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,503 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 03:07 PM

Just wait until Winter when we try and take away Christmas again!

#38 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 20,234 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 03:08 PM

And so the self righteous martyrs are at it again. Oh poor me. Someone questioned the validity of the claims made in my religious dogma. Why must everyone hate me. WHOA-UZ-ME

Pretty silly really.

:frown2: Good lord man. What the hell are you even talking about?

#39 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 03:09 PM

You have to be a non self righteous martyr to see it.

Sorry.

#40 panthersrockhard

panthersrockhard

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 03:10 PM

I wonder if someone who think every believer in a religion is an idiot thinks his kids are idiots?
Whoa-uz-him. Some people take a stand even when it hurts. Some people just post on message boards but when it comes to the real world the really cant stand up for anything.

#41 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 03:10 PM

And I'm supposed to believe that you understand what I've learned in church? Never saw a list of people to hate at my church. The world was never painted as black and white in my church. Although, it was painted that way in President The Barry Obama's church. I haven't been to my church in quite sometime though, so maybe they have an addendum "list of who to hate" in the back of the New Testament now?

did you guys have crusades? did you stand out in front of military funerals saying that god hates fags? did you beat the poo out of people who didn't believe what you did? your personal experiences have nothing to do with this and are absolutely irrelevant. In fact, I only claim to understand what you learned in church if you are an idiot, which my previous post stated.

the majority of problems in this world come from people believing that they are 100% right about any given subject. Church is one of the only avenues which allows people otherwise totally uneducated on a subject to spew forth righteous indignation and cast judgment over huge portions of their fellow humans. If you didn't experience those things, I'm happy for you, but that in no way changes the reality of religion at large.

And I'm happy you were able to throw in your Obama thing too, consistency is important.

Edited by mmmbeans, 28 May 2009 - 03:13 PM.

#42 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 03:11 PM

I wonder if someone who think every believer in a religion is an idiot thinks his kids are idiots?
Whoa-uz-him. Some people take a stand even when it hurts. Some people just post on message boards but when it comes to the real world the really cant stand up for anything.

Well if panthersrockhard thinks so, I got some soul searchin to do....

#43 King Taharga

King Taharga

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 03:12 PM

That was a little harsh Panthersrockhard. Even I can see that.

#44 Epistaxis

Epistaxis

• HUDDLER
  • 4,184 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 03:13 PM

And Im sure you would listen to anything they had to say that might make sense. Your way is the right way and even your kids wouldnt have a say. You would then force your unbelief on them and that would be ok.

I think you forget with whom you are discussing.

I used to be a christian.
Used to be on fire, witnessing, the works.
I know the drill, I know the rhetoric. I know the bible. Much more than the average Christian. We are assuming my kids would decide to go that route rather than say, Buddhism or "other".

It matters not.

I would indeed listen to whatever they learned.
And I would present counterpoint of what I have learned not only from that side, but from the side of the secular humanist.

And let me repeat myself for the amazingly obtuse....
If they choose to be religious, so be it.

The reverse, the christian deciding to be an atheist, can expect "hell to pay" for the decision from those that "tried to raise 'em right".

Trust me, I know.

So as I said before, it is a beautiful example of the difference between atheist attitude vs. that of the christian. We really don't care what you believe, just quit pushing your faith on other people, including your kids.

I'm not a know it all. But you guys know. Cuz god told you so.
lulz

#45 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 20,234 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 03:15 PM

You have to be a non self righteous martyr to see it.

Sorry.

I am far from a martyr, trust me. Self righteous...? Meh, maybe, I'll give you that. I am in sales.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com