Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Joe Adams #'s

30 posts in this topic

Posted

Joe Adams came a fraction of a second from accidentally touching a ball he shouldn't have been anywhere near and giving the Bucs the ball yesterday. That was seven weeks after he got benched for fumbling. Seven weeks of practice, and having the coaches drill it into your head the importance of not turning the ball over.

He was benched when the games mattered. We're losing games, so we can take chances now that we couldn't then.

I agree that he should continue to get reps now. Disagree that he should have been starting all this time (disregarding that hindsight is 20/20 and that could have been valuable experience for him, if we had known we were going to lose so much).

1 person likes this

Posted

Joe Adams came a fraction of a second from accidentally touching a ball he shouldn't have been anywhere near and giving the Bucs the ball yesterday. That was seven weeks after he got benched for fumbling. Seven weeks of practice, and having the coaches drill it into your head the importance of not turning the ball over.

He was benched when the games mattered. We're losing games, so we can take chances now that we couldn't then.

I agree that he should continue to get reps now. Disagree that he should have been starting all this time (disregarding that hindsight is 20/20 and that could have been valuable experience for him, if we had known we were going to lose so much).

That is just the playmaker in him.....same reason Smitty and Hester had comical fumbles early in their careers. It is a mindset. Can't change that. If he saw a window, he was going to pick it up.

Adams needs the opportunities to prove whether or not he can make enough big plays to be worth the risk.....like all dangerous return man.

1 person likes this

Posted

Adams isn't being given room to grow and improve.. rivera is a true idiot.

Posted

Almost 10 whole yds! OMGZ! Break the Panthers record books! Meanwhile, Leodis McKelvin has 16 returns at a 21.9 avg. :(

Meanwhile, you fail to notice the other two inept dunces that have been returning our punts, and the fact they couldn't return a toy if they had the receipt.

Posted

I wasn't on the "Joe Adams Inactive Again?!?!" rage bandwagon, but no doubt, he should've been given another chance again, especially considering how bad we looked at times there trying to sub other people in.

In hindsight though, the reason Adams wasn't given another chance is the exact same reason Gettis isn't being given one at all. Phil Simms said two weeks ago during our game that Gettis was really impressive in practice in the week leading up to our game against Denver and that he would be a huge contributor to our offense for years to come... Yet, during that same game, Gettis spent the duration of it in Rivera's ear trying to get into the game with no success.

Rivera is an inept evaluator of personnel. Point blank.

Posted

right, but in that scenario we're playing bullethead and norman.

and they've been overachieving throughout games. they're good for a few decent plays but good teams know how to exploit them in clutch moments and we've seen it happen over and over.

i love captain and i'm growing fond of bullethead and i love norman's potential but on any other team they'd be practice squad material, not starters. the fact that any of them are considered top starters and imperative to the success of the team points directly towards marty hurney's failure as a personnel manager.

must be one hell of a coaching job going on then.