• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#16 fjblair

fjblair

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:09 PM

Those numbers don't really reveal much of anything, Small sample size and a ton of variables. That being said I think they should be playing Adams. It's silly to bench a young player forever because of a couple of fumbles. All return guys fumble.

#17 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,877 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:12 PM

Yea they definately dropped the ball on this. They weren't even going to start Adams again until Munnerlyn fumbled.

Posted Image

#18 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

Sell it, Jerry

• HUDDLER
  • 9,305 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:17 PM

Almost 10 whole yds! OMGZ! Break the Panthers record books! Meanwhile, Leodis McKelvin has 16 returns at a 21.9 avg. :(

#19 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:19 PM

utterly idiotic when combined with the fact that you're putting what's now arguably our best cornerback in a position to take hits head-on from free runners with 40 yards of momentum.

munnerlyn gets injured and you're forced to play adams anyway and then your starting CBs are norman and bullethead.

absolutely zero reason not to just start adams.

Bullethead and Cap are playing as good as any CB in recent memory

#20 Gabeking

Gabeking

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:19 PM

Almost 10 whole yds! OMGZ! Break the Panthers record books! Meanwhile, Leodis McKelvin has 16 returns at a 21.9 avg. :(

Adams has 7 returns and barely has been given a shot..

#21 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,097 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:23 PM

Bullethead and Cap are playing as good as any CB in recent memory

right, but in that scenario we're playing bullethead and norman.

and they've been overachieving throughout games. they're good for a few decent plays but good teams know how to exploit them in clutch moments and we've seen it happen over and over.

i love captain and i'm growing fond of bullethead and i love norman's potential but on any other team they'd be practice squad material, not starters. the fact that any of them are considered top starters and imperative to the success of the team points directly towards marty hurney's failure as a personnel manager.

#22 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,877 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:25 PM

Um, is bullethead Josh Thomas? I'm a bit confused, because I know one of our users is named bullethead too..

#23 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,969 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:26 PM

I bet Joe Adams already has more 10+ yard punt returns than any return man in 2011 or 2010 or 2009 had......and he hasn't hardly seen the field

#24 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 19,533 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:38 PM

You're such a fuging idiot and poo poster. 10 yards per punt return is huge.

#25 VipMattMan

VipMattMan

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:44 PM

Joe Adams came a fraction of a second from accidentally touching a ball he shouldn't have been anywhere near and giving the Bucs the ball yesterday. That was seven weeks after he got benched for fumbling. Seven weeks of practice, and having the coaches drill it into your head the importance of not turning the ball over.

He was benched when the games mattered. We're losing games, so we can take chances now that we couldn't then.

I agree that he should continue to get reps now. Disagree that he should have been starting all this time (disregarding that hindsight is 20/20 and that could have been valuable experience for him, if we had known we were going to lose so much).

#26 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,969 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:52 PM

Joe Adams came a fraction of a second from accidentally touching a ball he shouldn't have been anywhere near and giving the Bucs the ball yesterday. That was seven weeks after he got benched for fumbling. Seven weeks of practice, and having the coaches drill it into your head the importance of not turning the ball over.

He was benched when the games mattered. We're losing games, so we can take chances now that we couldn't then.

I agree that he should continue to get reps now. Disagree that he should have been starting all this time (disregarding that hindsight is 20/20 and that could have been valuable experience for him, if we had known we were going to lose so much).

That is just the playmaker in him.....same reason Smitty and Hester had comical fumbles early in their careers. It is a mindset. Can't change that. If he saw a window, he was going to pick it up.

Adams needs the opportunities to prove whether or not he can make enough big plays to be worth the risk.....like all dangerous return man.

#27 Toolbox

Toolbox

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,844 posts
  • Locationnc

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:55 PM

Adams isn't being given room to grow and improve.. rivera is a true idiot.

#28 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,763 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:30 PM

Meanwhile, you fail to notice the other two inept dunces that have been returning our punts, and the fact they couldn't return a toy if they had the receipt.

#29 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,948 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:34 PM

I wasn't on the "Joe Adams Inactive Again?!?!" rage bandwagon, but no doubt, he should've been given another chance again, especially considering how bad we looked at times there trying to sub other people in.

In hindsight though, the reason Adams wasn't given another chance is the exact same reason Gettis isn't being given one at all. Phil Simms said two weeks ago during our game that Gettis was really impressive in practice in the week leading up to our game against Denver and that he would be a huge contributor to our offense for years to come... Yet, during that same game, Gettis spent the duration of it in Rivera's ear trying to get into the game with no success.

Rivera is an inept evaluator of personnel. Point blank.

#30 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,753 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:50 PM

right, but in that scenario we're playing bullethead and norman.

and they've been overachieving throughout games. they're good for a few decent plays but good teams know how to exploit them in clutch moments and we've seen it happen over and over.

i love captain and i'm growing fond of bullethead and i love norman's potential but on any other team they'd be practice squad material, not starters. the fact that any of them are considered top starters and imperative to the success of the team points directly towards marty hurney's failure as a personnel manager.

must be one hell of a coaching job going on then.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com